Largs Thistle

Sorted going forward? , so are Largs now willing to let Arron stream the Largs v Medda game on Saturday?

Come on Largs, it's terrible that our Saturday football fix is not happening, at least let's see a stream & support our clubs with a ticket donation.

"Mon the Medda"

No comment ? So are we getting to see the game Largs??

I want to donate a ticket for my club

They have said it will be totally fine for Meadow to stream the game live if we are able to. Should confirm that we will soon as hopefully Aaron hasn't made other plans.

Largs are streaming the game live too though. They just weren't sure of the rules a couple of weeks ago.

They have said it will be totally fine for Meadow to stream the game live if we are able to. Should confirm that we will soon as hopefully Aaron hasn't made other plans.  
Largs are streaming the game live too though. They just weren't sure of the rules a couple of weeks ago.

Of course they weren’t. It was all a big misunderstanding despite them being told time after time.

Of course they weren’t. It was all a big misunderstanding despite them being told time after time.

Have you ever been on the end of a social media pile-on that has left you too anxious to leave your house for two days and had to turn off all your social media?  That was me last Thursday and Friday. After checking Largs Thistle social media about a statement I wrote. How long will this go on for? A few weeks? Every time I post something about streaming? I’d rather not deal with it again, but I know I will be.  

I’ve tried to avoid saying much on the matter. But it’s where we are. I’m still learning what we can and can’t do, in football and society in general, during coronavirus, and I have good reasons for being cautious and strict. I’m less and less sure we will even have a full season.

I don’t live in Largs, incidentally. I wasn’t there last Saturday and I haven’t seen a match since March. There are bigger things going on in the world, but we’re getting there.

For the benefit of doubt, there were lots of reasons I felt as I’ve described above. But this situation doesn’t help one bit.

7 hours ago, Sunrise said:

Have you ever been on the end of a social media pile-on that has left you too anxious to leave your house for two days and had to turn off all your social media?  That was me last Thursday and Friday. After checking Largs Thistle social media about a statement I wrote. How long will this go on for? A few weeks? Every time I post something about streaming? I’d rather not deal with it again, but I know I will be.  

I’ve tried to avoid saying much on the matter. But it’s where we are. I’m still learning what we can and can’t do, in football and society in general, during coronavirus, and I have good reasons for being cautious and strict. I’m less and less sure we will even have a full season.

I don’t live in Largs, incidentally. I wasn’t there last Saturday and I haven’t seen a match since March. There are bigger things going on in the world, but we’re getting there.

For the benefit of doubt, there were lots of reasons I felt as I’ve described above. But this situation doesn’t help one bit.

Well said M8. A lot of people on here seem to forget people who stream games do it for the love of the game, but as you have pointed out you had your reasons and you stuck by them. It will blow over after they leech onto something else.

You shouldn’t take it personally if it was a decision made by your club.

It was by all accounts made quite clear that Clydebank were willing to film and stream the game, two of the committee that went are the gents that film games.

They were BANNED from doing so, then a week later it’s ok to film.

Fans are expected to support clubs at a time when they can’t attend matches, they deserve an explanation. By your own admission you’ve tried to avoid saying much on the matter - there’s the problem.

You shouldn’t take it personally if it was a decision made by your club.

It was by all accounts made quite clear that Clydebank were willing to film and stream the game, two of the committee that went are the gents that film games.

They were BANNED from doing so, then a week later it’s ok to film.

Fans are expected to support clubs at a time when they can’t attend matches, they deserve an explanation. By your own admission you’ve tried to avoid saying much on the matter - there’s the problem.

To tell someone not take it personally when they have just stated they are suffering online abuse and it causing them stress is poor form. People who run clubs are volunteers and shouldn’t be subjected to abuse wether direct or indirectly. It’s just a game.

They have explained why it happened believe them or not it happened and maybe people should just move on and leave the abuse where it should be.

Well said Paul, folk should move on in life. As someone who has taken stacks of abuse over the years, even from supposed own supporters, it’s very brave but also refreshing for someone to describe the impact that it can have. Not enough folk like yourself out there and you never have to explain yourself to anyone but yourself. 

Keep up the good work pal, don’t let the faceless folk get to you. 

To tell someone not take it personally when they have just stated they are suffering online abuse and it causing them stress is poor form. People who run clubs are volunteers and shouldn’t be subjected to abuse wether direct or indirectly. It’s just a game.

They have explained why it happened believe them or not it happened and maybe people should just move on and leave the abuse where it should be.

No, they haven’t. That’s the issue.

All we’re getting is bullshit and deflection. It could have had a line drawn under it before kick off with some common sense and an explanation.