Partick Thistle vs Falkirk - Will anyone remember the 7th of November?

As I said previously Francis to me is very raw but he's a useful option to have. He has pace and has showed he can finish. Just needs to work on his first touch and a few other areas.  He gives us attributes our other strikers don't have so whilst he would normally not be first choice  he's got something we can work with.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:
Bought the stream but ended up missing the game. Reading through the comments it sounds like today was a bit of a struggle. Absolutely mental that that Raith team is top of the Championship right now btw 

Tbf, they wont be once Hearts smash whoever their game in hand is against.

Alloa, but Raith have a better goal difference by 5.

Even though we dropped two points i think us coming back to level it is a feat we would not have achieved last season. A better spirit and belief perhaps?

What never ceases to amaze me on here is how views change from one extreme to the other week to week on here.
Francis and Dowds were both seen to be decent signings two weeks ago, but as soon as they underperform for a game or two they are shite and need to be replaced.
Leitch was utter guff and a waste of a wage, then last week he scores and he looks a real prospect now there’s a few negative comments again.
There are people now saying we need Sammon back tonight. [emoji16]
In truth, a draw was a fair result and the majority would have taken that before the game. We are two points behind what we would have targeted at this stage because of a moment of stupidity last week. We are also clear in second and have a home game coming up against the league leaders who we SHOULD be capable of beating.
Not bad considering we haven’t got into our stride yet. There’s clearly more in this team than we are seeing and we need to give them a bit of time to settle.
As for those calling for the management teams heads. When are people going to realise that continual instability is killing our club?
I believe we need a management team who care, and I don’t think we have had that since Houston. They are clearly still learning the ropes and there is a risk that it could cost us, but I think it’s a risk worth taking if we are to believe that they will come through given a chance. I certainly don’t see an obvious replacement out there who is going to walk in, engage with a new team and set us off on a winning streak.
Anyway, the one thing I will agree with is that the home game against Cove is key and we need to win. However I’d much rather be in our position at this point in time than the preseason favourites who are already 4 points adrift of us and missed an opportunity to close that gap today....

What never ceases to amaze me on here is how views change from one extreme to the other week to week on here.
Francis and Dowds were both seen to be decent signings two weeks ago, but as soon as they underperform for a game or two they are shite and need to be replaced.
Leitch was utter guff and a waste of a wage, then last week he scores and he looks a real prospect now there’s a few negative comments again.
There are people now saying we need Sammon back tonight. [emoji16]
In truth, a draw was a fair result and the majority would have taken that before the game. We are two points behind what we would have targeted at this stage because of a moment of stupidity last week. We are also clear in second and have a home game coming up against the league leaders who we SHOULD be capable of beating.
Not bad considering we haven’t got into our stride yet. There’s clearly more in this team than we are seeing and we need to give them a bit of time to settle.
As for those calling for the management teams heads. When are people going to realise that continual instability is killing our club?
I believe we need a management team who care, and I don’t think we have had that since Houston. They are clearly still learning the ropes and there is a risk that it could cost us, but I think it’s a risk worth taking if we are to believe that they will come through given a chance. I certainly don’t see an obvious replacement out there who is going to walk in, engage with a new team and set us off on a winning streak.
Anyway, the one thing I will agree with is that the home game against Cove is key and we need to win. However I’d much rather be in our position at this point in time than the preseason favourites who are already 4 points adrift of us and missed an opportunity to close that gap today....
I'll say it! We got another dud from East Fife, like the Fash! Dowds is rotten, I've never changed opinion!

15 minutes ago, steveffc said:
1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

There are people now saying we need Sammon back tonight. emoji16.png

I'll say it! We got another dud from East Fife, like the Fash! Dowds is rotten, I've never changed opinion!

You're at it if you think Austin was a dud. He had fitness issues but when he played he was scoring close to a goal every 2 games. 

Bloody hell, never knew we fell so far that im arguing that Nathan Austin wasn't a great striker for us!

I think that’s a good point actually.
We are not a Championship club so will find it more difficult to attract quality players who want to play at a higher level.
We would all like to see the club attract the best out there but I’m afraid that despite all the criticism levelled at the management team we probably have what we have due to where previous management changes have put us.....

I think that’s a good point actually.
We are not a Championship club so will find it more difficult to attract quality players who want to play at a higher level.
We would all like to see the club attract the best out there but I’m afraid that despite all the criticism levelled at the management team we probably have what we have due to where previous management changes have put us.....
M & M team now though, had a year to sort our defence and still haven't, its a joke! Id drop Gary Miller and play Gomis instead