Partick Thistle vs Falkirk - Will anyone remember the 7th of November?

29 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Raiths form should should give us confidence. They like us were no great shakes last season and yet with a not too dissimilar side are running top of the championship. Doesn't say much for its current standard.

Unpopular opinion but I felt Raith were streets ahead of us but lacked someone like McManus up top. Hendry and Matthews dominated the game in March. Had their ‘keeper not got injured I reckon they would have seen it out. Doesn’t matter now though.

What’s still true is we’re an absolute gang and painful to watch. 

Edited by wee_bairn

Bought the stream but ended up missing the game. Reading through the comments it sounds like today was a bit of a struggle. Absolutely mental that that Raith team is top of the Championship right now btw 
Tbf, they wont be once Hearts smash whoever their game in hand is against.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I said I'd take a point but the second half display was just nowhere near good enough. Todd for dowds put us even more on the back foot.  Salmon should've been on for dowfs then instead of leaving Francis up.on his own.

Correct. It's a pity Lee wasn't available though because I think he would have come on for Dowds and the ball would have started to stick up front a bit, plus he would have drawn umpteen fouls that would have kept us up the park too.

Unpopular opinion but I felt Raith were streets ahead of us but lacked someone like McManus up top. Hendry and Matthews dominated the game in March. Had their ‘keeper not got injured I reckon they would have seen it out. Doesn’t matter now though.
What’s still true is we’re an absolute gang and painful to watch. 

Not unpopular IMO it is correct. Better side than us last season

1 hour ago, R&Y99 said:

The club have said any home or away ppv buyers will get a discount for the next ppv purchase from Thistle because of today (if you want to buy it again)

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/club-statement-pay-per-view/

Decent gesture given they resolved it after about 4 minutes of the game.

How will they know who was home/away?

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Decent gesture given they resolved it after about 4 minutes of the game.

How will they know who was home/away?

I managed to start watching from about 6 minutes in and thankfully had no issues after that, yeah.

I guess they'll keep track of it and if you've claimed the discount for the Thistle - Morton game you can't get it for the next Falkirk - Thistle game. 🤷‍♀️

3 minutes ago, steveffc said:

Think im only person who sees a player in Akeel, he reminds me off Cadette, he got punted in reserves at start under Jeffries, then came good after being played in right position, Be better player than Dowds for us

You made this comparison weeks ago ffs and it looks worse for every minute he spends on the pitch.

That was a shitebag performance we have saw before against  teams we shouldn't be scared of but are. McCracken saying post match we created loads, sorry but that's bollocks. The first goal a total fluke, and bar Dowds miss I can't recall us creating much else at all first half. Second half just never started, gave Thistle even more respect than the first and it was inevitable we were conceding, I stopped watching after Graham scored I thought this is going to be three or four. No complaints if it was. f**k knows how we got away with a draw, utter pish performance but it's a point gained for us.

2 hours ago, R&Y99 said:

The club have said any home or away ppv buyers will get a discount for the next ppv purchase from Thistle because of today (if you want to buy it again)

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/club-statement-pay-per-view/

Pretty good really. I worked out that I'm only due 55p so don't know if I'll be claiming the discount.

22 minutes ago, steveffc said:
23 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
You made this comparison weeks ago ffs and it looks worse for every minute he spends on the pitch.

There a player there, id rather have him than that Diddy Dowds!

Dowds is a big strong laddie so should be able to impose himself much more. Doesn't seem to be particularly good in the air for his height either.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not unpopular IMO it is correct. Better side than us last season

That doesn't mean they were very good though. They were bang average as we showed for 45 mins through there in the first game and then they struggled to beat us at TFS when we had 9 men. I would've thought they would be fighting it out near the bottom especially with Davidson and benedictus still at centrehalf. God knows what the standard is like at the bottom of the championship is if they are top.

Edited by Shadwell Dog