Partick Thistle vs Falkirk - Will anyone remember the 7th of November?

Austin was very raw, but was getting better, scoring important goals for us at a very respectable rate when we were at the right end of the table.

It was early days for him, and I suspect some attitude issues prevented Houston introducing him earlier than he did. I also think he clearly wanted none of it once we found ourselves in trouble. Theres absolutely no way he was a dud signing though. He would have been a 20 a season man for us I reckon

9 hours ago, steveffc said:
9 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:
You're at it if you think Austin was a dud. He had fitness issues but when he played he was scoring close to a goal every 2 games. 

He scored about 6 times for us, think you need check your maths! Reason he at Kelty now

12 goals in 2,301 minutes = 0.47 per 90. As I said, he was a 1 in 2 striker when fit. Think it's pretty obvious why he's at Kelty and not higher up the leagues. 

Edited by lanky_ffc

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

It was early days for him, and I suspect some attitude issues prevented Houston introducing him earlier than he did. I also think he clearly wanted none of it once we found ourselves in trouble.

A lot of shite based on nothing 

12 goals in 2,301 minutes = 0.47 per 90. As I said, he was a 1 in 2 striker when fit. Think it's pretty obvious why he's at Kelty and not higher up the leagues. 
And when he started scoring for us, we were absolutely scraping games. We were dire towards the end of that season. His winners against Dunfermline at EEP and Dumbarton on the last day stick in the memory as particularly crucial goals. Not like he was a fourth and fifth goal in an easy rout type guy. That's the hardest kind of goalscorer to find.

The point suits us more than them but by god we don't have our troubles to seek. Simply need to get Kelly in defense and reorganise it someway. Lack of youth and energy in central midfield could and should have been addressed close season but wasn't. G Miller has been woeful so far this season. Dowds tries but alot of deficiencies. Management s honeymoon is over too. 

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

And when he started scoring for us, we were absolutely scraping games. We were dire towards the end of that season. His winners against Dunfermline at EEP and Dumbarton on the last day stick in the memory as particularly crucial goals. Not like he was a fourth and fifth goal in an easy rout type guy. That's the hardest kind of goalscorer to find.

Lol in your last post you said when we were struggling he didn't fancy it, now he was scoring vital goals when the team were struggling

7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Lol in your last post you said when we were struggling he didn't fancy it, now he was scoring vital goals when the team were struggling

I actually thought the 2 posts were about different players but after reading your post, I re-read them and you are indeed correct as both posts were about Austin !!!

He’s clearly a player who hides when the chips are down then pops up with vital goals when the chips are down !!!!

I actually thought the 2 posts were about different players but after reading your post, I re-read them and you are indeed correct as both posts were about Austin !!!
He’s clearly a player who hides when the chips are down then pops up with vital goals when the chips are down !!!!
Lol. Dont get yourself involved in Marshmallos silliness m8. I think it's obvious to any non idiot that I was referring to Austin's performances in the following season, where the whole thing fell apart, and Hartley then emptied him at the first opportunity.

I called for Austin to get a crack from early on in his first season, was glad when he did, and sad it never worked out for him with us.

Theres absolutely no contradiction in any of what I have said.

Feck me times are really bad when folk are calling out for Nathan Austin.  I don't see ICT fans greeting about him going. He was a shitebag of a striker. Big lad but didn't want to get his hands dirty . Missed a lot of chances too and was rank rotten in the playoff games against united.  Scored a fluke against st Mirren first game of the next season and then missed two sitters that would've killed the game. Vanished after that.He's at keltie now because noone at a higher level was interested let's face it. If an spfl top flight side had flung money at him he'd be there.  It's an easy life at keltie with a big budget and shite standard which means your scoring goals for fun. We need guys who want to roll up their sleeves and fight for the team not ones that disappear as soon as Billy Ocean starts playing.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I must be thinking of a different Austin? Injury prone for sure but did he not have the best goals per 90 ratio in the league?

The only reason he left in the January was cause we needed players out to get players in. Austin was one of only a few who was decent enough that another team took them without us paying off the contract.

On 07/11/2020 at 20:19, steveffc said:
On 07/11/2020 at 20:14, ShaggerG said:
Dowds is a big strong laddie so should be able to impose himself much more. Doesn't seem to be particularly good in the air for his height either.

Correct, I'd would have put my mortgage on Francis scoring that chance Dowds had today!

Francis had an easier chance versus Montrose and couldn't control the ball.

Linking Francis and Cadette is one of the strangest comparisons I've heard, one was small, superb skill,, liked ball to feet and scored around 30 goals in English football at 21. The other is tall gangly and a lottery if he can control the ball

On 07/11/2020 at 20:29, DA Baracus said:

Alloa, but Raith have a better goal difference by 5.

Arbroath, QoS, Morton and Dundee is as good an opening four games you could wish for. I could see Hearts trying break yesterday's 8-0 result with QoS, also Raith  had a decent League cup group to get confidence rolling.

23 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I must be thinking of a different Austin? Injury prone for sure but did he not have the best goals per 90 ratio in the league?

The only reason he left in the January was cause we needed players out to get players in. Austin was one of only a few who was decent enough that another team took them without us paying off the contract.

He scored 1 goal in his last 14 appearances for the club and that was on the first game of the season. Not hard therefor to see why he was punted to be honest.

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He scored 1 goal in his last 14 appearances for the club and that was on the first game of the season. Not hard therefor to see why he was punted to be honest.

A hell of a lot sub appearances, the last appearance for a minute or so after being out the team for a month.

QoS away he was the only one giving a shit and was subbed at half time I seem to remember.

I am not claiming he was the Messiah and TBF Nelson and Jakubiak had what he didn't have which was bottle but Inverness wanted to keep albeit he was very much bit part there too.

I reckon he would score a rake of goal league one as this is a league where the scales are in his favour, level up in championship he is capable but I don't think he has the bottle for it week in week out.

Edited by MrDust