Partick Thistle vs Falkirk - Will anyone remember the 7th of November?

Still can't get my head round that 6,000 figure, that's 3 times as many would have watched it if fans were allowed in. Must be counting folk refreshing the stream or counting folk streaming it on twitch or facebook(?)

We're not using Pixellot and the stream quality for the Airdrie game was pretty decent other than replays being shown while there was still stuff going on like a replay of a shot being saved for a corner while the corner itself was being taken. Commentator isn't the greatest either but it's not in the level of fanboyism as Falkirk's old commentators.

As for the game, I'll wait and see what 4 players get injured in training this week but I'm not confident.

Still can't get my head round that 6,000 figure, that's 3 times as many would have watched it if fans were allowed in. Must be counting folk refreshing the stream or counting folk streaming it on twitch or facebook(?)
We're not using Pixellot and the stream quality for the Airdrie game was pretty decent other than replays being shown while there was still stuff going on like a replay of a shot being saved for a corner while the corner itself was being taken. Commentator isn't the greatest either but it's not in the level of fanboyism as Falkirk's old commentators.
As for the game, I'll wait and see what 4 players get injured in training this week but I'm not confident.

If you think fanboyism was a problem with our old commentators you’re in for a treat when you tune in to the game at TFS later this season.....

We need to be better at beating mid table fodder if we're to beat Cove to the title so this will be a decent test for us.

We were a lot better against East Fife than we have been in any of the other games. Ben Hall v a physical striker (or any striker) is a real concern but it could maybe be a lot to ask of Dixon to play at CH for the first time in over a year (?) and Kelly to start his first game since before lockdown. Francis and Dowds up front both have their merits but I'm fairly desperate for Keena to get back ASAP to make us more clinical.

I'm quite surprised that Thistle haven't clicked yet as you'd imagine with McCalls recent experience in winning League 1 that he'd be able to assemble a decent squad for a challenge, what's went wrong so far? Or is it just early days so nothing to worry about?

We need to be better at beating mid table fodder if we're to beat Cove to the title so this will be a decent test for us.

I'm quite surprised that Thistle haven't clicked yet as you'd imagine with McCalls recent experience in winning League 1 that he'd be able to assemble a decent squad for a challenge, what's went wrong so far?

Nothing's gone wrong, we're just mid-table fodder

16 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

the only things i can think of that might make the figure less mental than it is at face value are that the price is more or less halved (was £10 for my PPV for the Airdrie game, afaik PATG is normally £20 - £22) which might raise demand a surprising amount + there's no geographical barriers for any Airdrie or Thistle fans to watch, plus weather is less likely to deter literal fair weather fans since you can curl up at home with the heating on to watch it, so the "away attendance" will be a good bit higher than it would at the physical ground + *danny dyer football factory voice* at the mahment what the fack else you gonna do on a saturday. Maybe a novelty factor to the whole thing too.

Would be really helpful to have comparative figures for other clubs in the division too.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

3 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

the only things i can think of that might make the figure less mental than it is at face value are that the price is more or less halved (was £10 for my PPV for the Airdrie game, afaik PATG is normally £20 - £22) which might raise demand a surprising amount + there's no geographical barriers for any Airdrie or Thistle fans to watch, plus weather is less likely to deter literal fair weather fans since you can curl up at home with the heating on to watch it, so the "away attendance" will be a good bit higher than it would at the physical ground + *danny dyer football factory voice* at the mahment what the fack else you gonna do on a saturday. Maybe a novelty factor to the whole thing too.

Would be really helpful to have comparative figures for other clubs in the division too.

So let me get this straight.... ~3500 people are put off going to Firhill due to the weather and the £20 entrance? I think a more likely answer is that it's completely made up. 

So let me get this straight.... ~3500 people are put off going to Firhill due to the weather and the £20 entrance? I think a more likely answer is that it's completely made up. 

There may be quite a few watching that don’t live a commutable distance from the ground. Indeed, outside the UK.
It seems high, but then again I’ve no idea how many tuned in to FTV pre-Covid so nothing to compare against....

When we were in the top flight and launched that “Jagzone World” subscription service it barely had 3 figures worth of subscribers, so it’s hardly like there are thousands of Thistle fans out there who can’t make it to games regularly but would be willing to pay for matches.

Additionally, if you consider that not all of our regularly attending fans will have the facility to watch the game online, that some fans go with family and thus would only need to make one PPV purchase between them, and the general apathy around the club with charlatan Low in charge, and there is absolutely no danger the figure is complete bollocks.

17 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

If you think fanboyism was a problem with our old commentators you’re in for a treat when you tune in to the game at TFS later this season.....

I watched the highlights from Saturday's game and couldn't believe what I was hearing - bring back the lads from last season!

The thistle games will test both our PPV service to the max this season, here is hoping when it does break they revert to youtube or Facebook when it does  and quickly 😃

£10 though is good value but doubt the 6000 figure given, it will be at least that on Saturday probably more Id guess

some fans go with family and thus would only need to make one PPV purchase between them [...] there is absolutely no danger the figure is complete bollocks.

I thought the 6,000 figure was for viewers, not purchases. And surely you mean no danger the figure is accurate?

22 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I thought the 6,000 figure was for viewers, not purchases. And surely you mean no danger the figure is accurate?

How would they measure viewers against purchases though?

And yeah, of course. Changed my wording and fucked it up.

Edited by Nightmare

14 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Well known demographics show that Thistle fans have an average household of 163 people - that's why we were Partick Thistle : Family Club for a bit earlier this year.

My honest opinion is the guy made a typo, if you'd said 600 streams I'd have still thought that was high but could have accepted it.

Edited by Fuctifano

15 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Well known demographics show that Thistle fans have an average household of 163 people - that's why we were Partick Thistle : Family Club for a bit earlier this year.

My honest opinion is the guy made a typo, if you'd said 600 streams I'd have still thought that was high but could have accepted it.

There were 400+ viewing the stream for the Clyde game on FB.

Following the Cove defeat my favourite post was from an ex-pat in South Africa who was questioning their 'support' for the club despite contributing the grand sum of f@#k all to the club for 50+ years...

I mean, obviously they pulled a number out of their arse, but I'm sure more reputable companies would do some sort of survey and conclude that the average stream was watched by x number of people and therefore it could be assumed with a particular degree of confidence that y number of people watched the stream in total. I'm sure that's what they do for things like TV ratings.