Partick Thistle vs Falkirk - Will anyone remember the 7th of November?

A defeat or even a draw in this game and we find Thistle chasing a playoff place in this shortened season. 

Falkirk have gone about the business of picking up points without playing great. However that’ll be good enough for the Champions this season. 

The biggest winner on Saturday could be Cove Rangers depending how this pans out.

A defeat to The Clyde, a come from behind win over a pretty toothless Airdrie and an injury time loss to Cove probably puts Thistle’s morale at a low ebb. McCall didn’t seem to downbeat with the overall performance yesterday but points are king.

Shame to find us playing Falkirk at the third level of Scottish football but here we are.

My main hope is that we are underperforming with the players we have however we’ve scored one goal in three and conceded one every match so far.

Hoping for a Jags win in a feisty end to end stramash. Another snidey 1-0 defeat would not come as a shock though...

Edited by jagfox BLM

Much as I feel sorry for Rudden, I am glad we dont have to face him. Not only because I have a soft spot for the boy, but because he would disappear from either of our two CHs at will. Leaves us with the physical battle with Brian Graham to worry about.... You would like to think Mark Durnan would be up for that at least. 

Massive two weeks for us though. 6 points would put us right in the driving seat but as has been said in our own thread already, these spells and big matches have been such a big let down for us in the last couple of seasons. Always shitting the bed. 

Shame theres no fans. Always enjoy heading through to your neck of the woods.

Nope. We probably couldn't afford to pay him off. We would need him to quit. Which he wont do.
I will openly admit to being shocked at the way his time so far at Thistle has gone. Clearly I hope it continues for the duration of this current season but aye... Really surprised at the manner in which yous came down.

Thistle so far seem to have made the same mistakes as us last season. Giving the manager that got you relegated the chance to turn it around. Both McCall and McKinnon had ample time to keep their sides up but were given the benefit of the doubt by both clubs.  Certainly in McKinnon's case it was a huge mistake we're still paying for. On saying that firhill is always a tough place to go so a point on Saturday will do me.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Thistle so far seem to have made the same mistakes as us last season. Giving the manager that got you relegated the chance to turn it around. Both McCall and McKinnon had ample time to keep their sides up but were given the benefit of the doubt by both clubs.  Certainly in McKinnon's case it was a huge mistake we're still paying for. On saying that firhill is always a tough place to go so a point on Saturday will do me.

We have made more mistakes.

Archie, the manager who relegated us from the Premiership, came back as McCall's assistant. He returned just after we stopped paying his gardening leave.

In the meantime, Low recruited Caldwell and his assistant Brian Kerr. Getting rid of them and their dud signings was very costly too.

Now Low is back in charge. God knows which dumplings would come in if McCall, Scally and Archie were punted.

Our club is a total shambles.

We absolutely have to win this or we are going to get cut adrift and will spend the season arseing  around mid table trying to get the playoffs.
I’m not confident going into this one at all, I’m not sure how Falkirk have been playing but they have been picking up points and would be on maximum points of it was not for a moment of stupidity against Forfar.  
The team absolutely needs changed from yesterday.

We can’t keep fucking up in a 27 game season and not expect it to bite us on the arse.

Edited by R&Y99

4 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

😂

As typo's go, thats a belter haha.

Although, to be fair, it might well be a fisting if Morrison is up for it against him.

Very much not a typo.

Hooefully the gaffers stick with the same team as yesterday and bring Kelly in for Hall. 

Whoever wins the league will only lose 4 or 5 games maximum. If Partick lose on Saturday thats 3 done already, we really should be going all out to win this, with no fans home games don't have the same advantage as normal. 

Bet365 taking yesterday’s results as an indicator:
Falkirk 6/4
Cove 2/1
Partick 5/2
25/1 Bar
Those odds on Cove look a little too short to me but I may change my mind in a fortnight.....

41 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Bet365 taking yesterday’s results as an indicator:
Falkirk 6/4
Cove 2/1
Partick 5/2
25/1 Bar
Those odds on Cove look a little too short to me but I may change my mind in a fortnight.....

Thistle 5/2. is tight fisted from Bet365. We will be lucky to make play offs.

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Much as I feel sorry for Rudden, I am glad we dont have to face him. Not only because I have a soft spot for the boy, but because he would disappear from either of our two CHs at will. Leaves us with the physical battle with Brian Graham to worry about.... You would like to think Mark Durnan would be up for that at least. 

Massive two weeks for us though. 6 points would put us right in the driving seat but as has been said in our own thread already, these spells and big matches have been such a big let down for us in the last couple of seasons. Always shitting the bed. 

Shame theres no fans. Always enjoy heading through to your neck of the woods.

I'd guess most FFC fans have a soft spot for Rudden but we may have broke him with McKinnon hoofball and let him run 3 or 4 marathons a game trying to make something happen. Rudden also hasnt done anything of note since Falkirk.

Perhaps no crowds might work in our favour, as you suggest big crowd usually has meant disappointment

7 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

McKinnon for sure shouldve been sacked but McCall surely has a bit leeway with actually being a manager at various points in his career. I personally think QoS wouldve been relegated last season if the season had went on for a week or two more if not the full season whereas McKinnon had the full season to fuk it up. 

I dunno what to think for Saturday, we were better in that we came out for the 2nd half this week but we still have a bit to go but most teams in this strange season could probably say the same.. I had a look at the Partick team from Saturday and it doesnt look like a strong squad that needs to be feared, I can see where a lot of the negativity is coming from. 

I am surprised BBC Scotland hadnt thought about screening this on the Friday night, leading me to ask will Partick tv cope with PPV ?

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

I am surprised BBC Scotland hadnt thought about screening this on the Friday night, leading me to ask will Partick tv cope with PPV ?

According to our promotions guy, we had over 6,000 tuned in for our last home game (of course we could shoot down that view, but then he’ll know more than any of us), which means we should be able to cope with similar for this match, I imagine a lot of Falkirk fans will be watching.