19/20 Scottish Cup Final - Heart of Midlothian v Celtic

JamieThomas

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

This made me chuckle, it always does when someone tries to pass off their opinion as if it is written in fact.

In essence what you are also saying is that the domestic achievement of the likes of Bayern Munich, Juventus and PSG are meaningless because of their superior financial advantage, to float that suggestion is somewhat laughable.

Anyway here is the thing I wouldn’t expect Celtics achievement to mean anything to you in the same way your opinion on the matter is pretty meaningless to me but tonight my club are celebrating

• 12 trophies won in a row
  • 4 trebles won in a row
  • A feat unmatched anywhere in the world (even by those other clubs that win “meaningless” trophies because they are richer 😉

What is your club celebrating tonight out of curiosity? 

In reference to us under-achieving, this season so far yes we have however under-achieving this season has absolutely no bearing on the achievements of the past 4 unless of course it’s the only weapon you have in a pretty feeble arsenal of “opinions” to try get a few Celtic fans to nibble. 

It’s Xmas, don’t be so bitter 😄

Stop it, they’ve moved on to bugler chat.  

Turnover is the important thing as it dictates budget.
Celtic's turnover is 6-7 times Aberdeen's. That's just a fact.  Aberdeen have the 3rd biggest in Scotland, also a fact.  Hibs would creep over 10, Hearts too if they were in the top flight, nobody else in Scotland would.
Rangers have about 5-6 times Aberdeen's turnover thus budget, and Celtic 6-7. These are just facts, I'm sorry if they're not how you'd like them to be, sometimes reality isn't.

You’re not entirely wrong but you’re not spot on either

turnover is a rough and ready proxy measure for playing budget as opposed to a direct measure. Ratios of wages to turnover vary from club to club but turnover is good enough to illustrate the broader points though

Everyone will be making less money this season from Celtic to Brechin. Drawing comparisons between last years turnover when there wasn’t a pandemic and a guess at hearts turnover this year when there is one is a foolhardy endeavour .

Chances are that everyone ratio of wages to turnover will be up across the board but by different amounts

Worth pointing out Aberdeen have the 3rd biggest budget in Scotland, and Celtic's budget is SEVEN TIMES Aberdeen's.  Its about twenty times Hearts'.   There are no other leagues with that level of disparity.  A club like Motherwell have a budget of about £6-7 million, Celtic have about £100-120.  Its off the charts, my mum could win the title with Celtic until Rangers were a force again which is only recently.
Big team found

53 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

This made me chuckle, it always does when someone tries to pass off their opinion as if it is written in fact.

In essence what you are also saying is that the domestic achievement of the likes of Bayern Munich, Juventus and PSG are meaningless because of their superior financial advantage, to float that suggestion is somewhat laughable.

Anyway here is the thing I wouldn’t expect Celtics achievement to mean anything to you in the same way your opinion on the matter is pretty meaningless to me but tonight my club are celebrating

• 12 trophies won in a row
  • 4 trebles won in a row
  • A feat unmatched anywhere in the world (even by those other clubs that win “meaningless” trophies because they are richer 😉

What is your club celebrating tonight out of curiosity? 

In reference to us under-achieving, this season so far yes we have however under-achieving this season has absolutely no bearing on the achievements of the past 4 unless of course it’s the only weapon you have in a pretty feeble arsenal of “opinions” to try get a few Celtic fans to nibble. 

It’s Xmas, don’t be so bitter 😄

You've managed to completely miss my point  haha. As I stated in another post which you should have quoted me on instead, which you have seen, is the achievements of Bayern Munich and Juventus are credible and do mean something because they have legitimate competition despite their financial advantage. So in essence, Celtic's domestic "success" is meaningless, whereas Bayern Munich and Juventus have achieved proper success.  

And if my opinion is so meaningless to you, why write a response of that size? 😆 

Celtic's domestic success is the most meaningless in Europe. 

Edited by MS RR

Rodgers had Celtic playing to a high standard and demanded success and improved players. Celtic might as well not have had a manger since he left, they’ve spent millions yet got worse. There’s no way any other Celtic team since the 80s would have got that result today. They’re a shambles and winning it will award the league to rangers and continue the abject performances.

Theyve got three decent players for every position yet struggled to beat a hearts side we beat quite easily.

Shout out to aw the big hitters, the titty twisters and the ballers of Scottish football.

None of your shite teams played a final today, you also haven’t taken those c***s to penalties so shut your puss.

Square go any wee p***k who is less emotional than me

Great game, well done Celtic, 12 consecutive trophies is a great achievement.

Unlucky Hearts, it takes 2 teams for a great game, unfortunately there had to be a loser. 

Anyway that's enough about liking fitba'  I've got Stuart Malcolm to clear my mind of happiness. 

There's a definite blue print as to how to beat Celtic these days. Thought Hearts were very unlucky yesterday and will definitely kick themselves for their missed chances once it was brought back to 2-2. 

Brilliant game, absolutely love scottish football. When was the last time there was a FA Cup final as exciting as that. 

6 hours ago, MS RR said:

You've managed to completely miss my point  haha. As I stated in another post which you should have quoted me on instead, which you have seen, is the achievements of Bayern Munich and Juventus are credible and do mean something because they have legitimate competition despite their financial advantage. So in essence, Celtic's domestic "success" is meaningless, whereas Bayern Munich and Juventus have achieved proper success.  

And if my opinion is so meaningless to you, why write a response of that size? 😆 

Celtic's domestic success is the most meaningless in Europe. 

6513657B-18EF-4C5F-8095-0C3B3E282E47.gif