19/20 Scottish Cup Final - Heart of Midlothian v Celtic

JamieThomas

8 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Absolute state of this 😂

So because Celtic have greater financial resources than other clubs any achievement is meaningless, even 12 domestic trophies in succession?

By your logic then that should render at least 50% of all title and trophy wins as hollow as, all over football teams that contest finals and compete for league titles tend to be the clubs with greater financial resources, that isn't always the case and there is some merit in the suggestion that a small club upsetting the odds to lift a trophy is, in juxtaposition a greater achievement but winning twelve straight trophies, regardless of any financial muscle is still a pretty special feat, dry your eyes mate.

Yes, effectively every trophy Celtic have won in the last 9-years has been meaningless. 

In every country there is a disparity in financial strength, but in Scotland the gap between Celtic and everyone else is enormous. Celtic fans wrongly point to countries like Germany and Italy, and argue that Bayern Munich and Juventus have won countless league titles in a row, so therefore pessimists should start complaining about the disparity in resources in these countries. Well it's a crap comparison. Juventus have the likes of both Milan teams, Lazio, Roma and Napoli to compete against. Celtic's main competitor in recent years has been Aberdeen. That tells you all you need to know about how meaningless Celtic's "success" in Scotland is 

5 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Yes, effectively every trophy Celtic have won in the last 9-years has been meaningless. 

In every country there is a disparity in financial strength, but in Scotland the gap between Celtic and everyone else is enormous. Celtic fans wrongly point to countries like Germany and Italy, and argue that Bayern Munich and Juventus have won countless league titles in a row, so therefore pessimists should start complaining about the disparity in resources in these countries. Well it's a crap comparison. Juventus have the likes of both Milan teams, Lazio, Roma and Napoli to compete against. Celtic's main competitor in recent years has been Aberdeen. That tells you all you need to know about how meaningless Celtic's "success" in Scotland is 

Worth pointing out Aberdeen have the 3rd biggest budget in Scotland, and Celtic's budget is SEVEN TIMES Aberdeen's.  Its about twenty times Hearts'.   There are no other leagues with that level of disparity.  A club like Motherwell have a budget of about £6-7 million, Celtic have about £100-120.  Its off the charts, my mum could win the title with Celtic until Rangers were a force again which is only recently.

3 minutes ago, MS RR said:

There's plenty to slag off about Celtic at the minute. Today's performance included.

But belittling what is a very impressive achievement in winnning 12 domestic trophies in a row is just plain weird.

Absolute state of this [emoji23]
So because Celtic have greater financial resources than other clubs any achievement is meaningless, even 12 domestic trophies in succession?
By your logic then that should render at least 50% of all title and trophy wins as hollow as, all over football teams that contest finals and compete for league titles tend to be the clubs with greater financial resources, that isn't always the case and there is some merit in the suggestion that a small club upsetting the odds to lift a trophy is, in juxtaposition a greater achievement but winning twelve straight trophies, regardless of any financial muscle is still a pretty special feat, dry your eyes mate.

Cheer up mate

Things could be worse

You could have had Ryan Edwards score against you

As a neutral, I found it an engrossing watch. I thought it was going to be a walkover, but Hearts really made a great fist of it. Again, looking on as neutral, the one thing I will take away from this surreal Covid-affected final is definitive confirmation that Steven Naismith and Scott Brown are a couple of utter bellends.

Edited by pozbaird

As a neutral, I found it an engrossing watch. I thought it was going to be a walkover, but Hearts really made a great fist of it. Again, looking on as neutral, the one thing I will take away from this surreal Covid-affected final is definitive confirmation that Steven Naismith and Scott Brown are a couple of utter bellends.

They really should have played the match with 10 men on each side and had Brown and Naismith in a ring knocking shit out of each other for half time entertainment

7 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

As it’s last seasons competition, surely it would be last seasons rules? Ie 3 subs and one extra for extra time. Celtic made 6 today!

Not only did they retrospectively increase last season's Scottish Cup SFs & Final to 5... this season's cup is only 3 subs, even though leagues and other cups are 5 subs!

1 hour ago, Austinho said:

2CA13E4F-3BD5-4B49-8D20-229CA2A82C30.jpeg

I take comfort from the fact that you've had your cock in one hand and the other hovering over your cum-sodden keyboard hoping for Celtic to prevail in a penalty shoot-out.

Even when you're a league above us, the small-time mentality confirms your Hibs credentials.

Question regarding the subs.  You are allowed 5, but over 3 stoppages I've got that.  And  an additional sub is allowed in ET.  So  that's 6 subs in 4 stoppages thay should be allowed.  How come Celtic made 6 in 5 stoppages, am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Question regarding the subs.  You are allowed 5, but over 3 stoppages I've got that.  And  an additional sub is allowed in ET.  So  that's 6 subs in 4 stoppages thay should be allowed.  How come Celtic made 6 in 5 stoppages, am I missing something?

1 was between the 90 mins and extra time so doesnt count as a stoppage.

1 minute ago, Andrew Driver said:

Far from "taking comfort"  I fear you need comforting m9.   

Even Alf didn't get that worked up when some sheila stole from his grocery shop.  

Grap yersel' a capri sun a wee toastie a pan drop to finish and calm the f**k down.  

I'll no grap anything if it's all the same.

How odd are you to name a multi after one of our 2012 side who destroyed you though?

Today was a free-hit. 

1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Worth pointing out Aberdeen have the 3rd biggest budget in Scotland, and Celtic's budget is SEVEN TIMES Aberdeen's.  Its about twenty times Hearts'.   There are no other leagues with that level of disparity.  A club like Motherwell have a budget of about £6-7 million, Celtic have about £100-120.  Its off the charts, my mum could win the title with Celtic until Rangers were a force again which is only recently.

I think the only accurate part of that post is that Aberdeen have the 3rd largest budget - the rest is made up shite to suit your agenda.