19/20 Scottish Cup Final - Heart of Midlothian v Celtic

JamieThomas

Wasn't a fan of our starting line up when I first saw it, but White did ok - I thought Walker would go missing, and I was right about that - no way should he have started.

Did well to come back after being totally out of it at half time, and we had chances to score, but so did celtic.

Should have won it, but two poor penalties fucked us.  

Well Celtic are stupid enough to celebrate that exuberantly, but let's face it, it's a pretty hollow quadruple treble. 

On the other hand, maybe they should celebrate this in style, they're so rotten at the moment that there is no chance they'll win anything this season. 

Edited by MS RR

Well Celtic are stupid enough to celebrate that exuberantly, but let's face it, it's a pretty hallow quadruple treble. 
On the other hand, maybe they should celebrate this in style, they're so rotten at the moment that there is no chance they'll win anything this season. 
"Hallow" is it?

[emoji3]

12 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Wasn't a fan of our starting line up when I first saw it, but White did ok - I thought Walker would go missing, and I was right about that - no way should he have started.

Did well to come back after being totally out of it at half time, and we had chances to score, but so did celtic.

Walker in a 3 man midfield is crazy.  The formations we've played last 2 games get the best out of him, but he was no good today

14 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Walker is a mystery. Superb or AWOL.

The first half performance lost us the game IMHO and not the penalties. Gordon had little to do.

Walker, Halliday and Berra to blame for first half - mixture of attitude and fck-ups. Halliday's attitude at the first goal was unforgivable, standing off the player then sauntering away as if there was no danger. Berra is just a carcrash. Both improved in second half but damage was done. Without that Berra pen, we win 2-1 in normal time.

The funny thing is, Lennon will keep his job and Rangers will win the league.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

None of them were sitters, but he messed each one up. 

The best of the lot, you don't mention at all and it came when two defenders clashed, allowing the ball to dribble through.  He failed to push it sufficiently in front of himself to allow for a decent shot. 

The fact is that he made one lousy decision to shoot when he shouldn't have, and missed two other good chances quite badly.

He had opportunities to win his side the cup, but fluffed them. Not the first or last to do so, but frustrating nonetheless.

Didn't see that. Must have been out of the room or actually doing some work at the time.

59 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

The only one I really think he did badly at was the blaze into the crowd.  The first he had to come back to get the ball so was always struggling to take it back towards goal at pace.

The cutback I thought he should have taken a touch rather than shot but it wasn't an easy chance

With the cutback, I'd assumed initially that Ajer had got in a good block, resulting in a corner.

He hadn't though - it was simply a wildly skied shot.  As I've said, it wasn't a sitter, but it was a good chance, which he mucked up about as comprehensively as was possible.

1 hour ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

The only one I really think he did badly at was the blaze into the crowd.  The first he had to come back to get the ball so was always struggling to take it back towards goal at pace.

The cutback I thought he should have taken a touch rather than shot but it wasn't an easy chance

He still had time on the first one though and like his other efforts, seemed to have a complete mental block. 

31 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Well Celtic are stupid enough to celebrate that exuberantly, but let's face it, it's a pretty hollow quadruple treble. 

Success no matter the circumstances should always be  celebrated.

It certainly doesn’t feel hollow and if you ever find your team winning 12 trophies on the bounce or a consistent spell of winning trophies then I hope you take the time to revel in it.

If we lose the 10 then it’s going to hurt and there are many things that we need address but that’s not for today

Merry Xmas

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Haud me back....

The veteran was furious after the final whistle despite lifting a 12th consecutive domestic trophy

Celtic captain Scott Brown had to be held back by a member of the coaching staff as the Scottish Cup final ended in aggro.

In a pulsating game at Hampden the holders retained their trophy for a fourth consecutive season by winning a dramatic penalty shoot-out after a 3-3 draw with Hearts 

And there was clearly some ill-feeling after the match as he went head-to-head with Hearts players and staff.

Brown was clearly furious though it wasn't clear what was said or done to cause the reaction. 

He did not like Naismith doing to him what he , the classless one , did to Michael O'Hallaran