19/20 Scottish Cup Final - Heart of Midlothian v Celtic

JamieThomas

• 3 weeks later...

To be precise Leitch gave a cute answer in some Q&A last week (saying actually there could be fans - 300 - if it got held in the Highlands), then Inverness wrote to SFA presumably tongue-firmly-in-cheek.

Given you aren't allowed to travel from tier 3 areas it would presumably have had to be restricted to Celtic and Hearts fans living up north, too.

They could've played it in Golspie, Coldstream or Kirkcudbright.

It would have been novel in that the Scottish Cup Final hasn't been played out of Glasgow since 1896 and a Semi-Final since 2004 (or 1997 if you don't include replays).

Pretty pointless to even try.  150 fans each all travelling 3 hours wouldn't be worth the hassle.  Mind you, 150 is probably double the number of usual away fans at Caley Stadium. 

There are precedents for clubs being awarded walkovers if their opponents refused to play (eg Peterhead v Airdrie in 2001), but I wouldn't have thought that would have applied when a club couldn't play for medical reasons. In a normal season if a club got a dose of the shits going around and had medical certificates to show they couldn't field a team then you'd have a postponement.

Edited by craigkillie

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

There are precedents for clubs being awarded walkovers if their opponents refused to play (eg Peterhead v Airdrie in 2001), but I wouldn't have thought that would have applied when a club couldn't play for medical reasons. In a normal season if a club got a dose of the shits going around and had medical certificates to show they couldn't field a team then you'd have a postponement.

Did st mirren and kille have the shits? 

Think it will be a mistake to start Berra - Popescu has flaws, but he's much more mobile than Berra.

Also think Neilson might favour Halliday, Lee, and Haring over Irving - that would also be a mistake, imo.

Naismith to break down injured  in the 30th minute, Haring in the 60th, Ginelly in the 75th, and scott brown to shout in a Hertz player's face at the final whistle.

Guest TheJTS98
On 13/12/2020 at 23:28, paranoid android said:

Think it will be a mistake to start Berra - Popescu has flaws, but he's much more mobile than Berra.

Agree with this. Popescu's not very good, and I spent most of the semi-final waiting for him to be sent off, but I can't think of a worse option than Berra. Absolutely finished. And he wasn't that good to start with.

Not sure how I feel about this one. Perfectly imaginable that we win. Perfectly imaginable that we lose 6-0.

I don't think Berra has been any worse than Popescu, I also think he'll be far more useful defending set pieces against guys like Duffy.  That said, either one carries risks, Berra can't turn very well but he's not as slow as folk claim, Popescu is more mobile but seems a bit slacker.  It's a weak spot for sure either way.