19/20 Scottish Cup Final - Heart of Midlothian v Celtic

JamieThomas

Feel sorry for Celtic’s keeper Hazard, while reading the wee story on him on the BBC Scotland website this morning. He thinks he has a future at the club, but after his fairly horrific performance yesterday he obviously doesn’t. The saves at the shootout don’t give any indication on how good a keeper you are, but the previous 120 minutes do. Interesting to see who is in goal for the club on Wednesday. Let’s hope it’s Hazard.
He's played 3 games for Celtic and has more Scottish cups wins than Aberdeen football club have had in the last 30 years.

Unlucky.

8 hours ago, MS RR said:

You've managed to completely miss my point  haha. As I stated in another post which you should have quoted me on instead, which you have seen, is the achievements of Bayern Munich and Juventus are credible and do mean something because they have legitimate competition despite their financial advantage. So in essence, Celtic's domestic "success" is meaningless, whereas Bayern Munich and Juventus have achieved proper success.  

And if my opinion is so meaningless to you, why write a response of that size? 😆 

Celtic's domestic success is the most meaningless in Europe. 

Why did I write a reply? As I found it amusing and I am too weak willed to the ignore the opportunity to poke a little fun at the notion of you believing your opinion actually holds authority on the matter 🤣🤣🤣

Bayern have credible competition do they? Over the last 5 seasons they have won the Bundesliga by an average of 13 points per season. PSG have won theirs by an average of almost 16 points per season over the past 5 seasons.

Credible competition indeed

Funny Face Reaction GIF

22 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Jambottled it.  Heartsd it. 

That was glorious.

I think the original “ Hibsed” it post came about after your team got pumped out of competitions by lower league teams .

To make the comparison to a Championship team being beaten In the Scottish Cup Final on penalties by the reigning champions going for the quadruple treble ,kind of proves you’re not the brightest.

Good attempt though . 

2 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

I think the original “ Hibsed” it post came about after your team got pumped out of competitions by lower league teams .

To make the comparison to a Championship team being beaten In the Scottish Cup Final on penalties by the reigning champions going for the quadruple treble ,kind of proves you’re not the brightest.

Good attempt though . 

Delicious. 

Edinburgh's only Premier side and the last to win the Scottish Cup, League Cup and represent in Europe. 

Natural Order.  

Gleeful.  

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Skelped out of the champions league qualifiers....

Thrashed in the Europa league group stage...

Barely squeezed through a Scottish cup final against a lower league team.

He's suddenly broony big baws shouting at championship players.

Edited by bennett

Just watched the highlights there - very close and even game.

I can't believe it turns out that winning a dead rubber over Lille and a home game against a spiralling Kilmarnock team were mirages. Celtic are as bad defensively as they ever were. The goalkeeping and defending for the last two Hearts goals was comical, Jullien and Duffy running into each other to allow Ginnelly a 1v1 was laughably bad and Ajer got skinned by Aidy White on several occasions.

Cracking game but. And yes Celtic have an enormous budget, but winning four trebles in a row is still a very good achievement.

27 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Why did I write a reply? As I found it amusing and I am too weak willed to the ignore the opportunity to poke a little fun at the notion of you believing your opinion actually holds authority on the matter 🤣🤣🤣

Bayern have credible competition do they? Over the last 5 seasons they have won the Bundesliga by an average of 13 points per season. PSG have won theirs by an average of almost 16 points per season over the past 5 seasons.

Credible competition indeed

Yes, my opinion is driven by the facts. It is a matter of fact that the financial disparity between Celtic and the rest of Scottish teams is far greater than the difference between Bayern Munich and the rest of German teams, or Juventus and the rest of Italian teams. Also, Monaco beat PSG to the league title in 2017.

If Bayern win the league by 13 points against the likes of Dortmund then they have been outstanding. Celtic should've won the league by a distance in the years when Rangers weren't in the premiership. Even when rangers were promoted they were rotten and offered no competition. In Brendan's last year you only beat Aberdeen by 9-points 😆 . If Celtic don't win the league by a distance then it's not an achievement. 

In short, whatever way you look at it Celtic's success is meaningless. 

1 hour ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Jambottled it.  Heartsd it. 

That was glorious.

Came from 2-0 down and then 3-2 down in ET while never being in the lead.  Not sure how on any level it can be classed as bottling it, you surely have to have chucked the lead for that?

59 minutes ago, G51 said:

And yes Celtic have an enormous budget, but winning four trebles in a row is still a very good achievement.

Bollocks - it's not an achievement worthy of even being described that way.

It's actually embarrassing for our game.  I'm not going to claim that it makes us a laughing stock because unlike the coefficient wankers, I recognise that nobody elsewhere takes much notice, although it was a bit cringey seeing the story covered on the UK news.

I don't mean that it's embarrassing that no other club challenged them; I mean that it's embarrassing that we've allowed the distribution of resources in our game to reach a stage where such a thing happens.

An utterly hollow, meaningless and empty feat that even those celebrating can only derive relief, as opposed to joy, from.

Imagine if that was all your club could deliver.  

The horror! The horror!

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Bollocks - it's not an achievement worthy of even being described that way.

It's actually embarrassing for our game.  I'm not going  claim that it makes us a laughing stock because unlike the coefficient wankers, I recognise that nobody elsewhere takes much notice, although it was a bit cringey seeing the story covered on the UK news.

I don't mean that it's embarrassing that no other club challenged them; I mean that it's embarrassing that we've allowed the distribution of resources in our game to reach a stage where such a thing happens.

An utterly hollow, meaningless and empty feat that even those celebrating can only derive relief, as opposed to joy, from.

Imagine if that was all your club could deliver.  

The horror! The horror!

I've made loads of arguments that we need more centralisation of contracts within the SPFL to allow for a more even distribution of resources. I'm completely in favour of that, because a more competitive league is good for everyone in the long term. We shouldn't be in a situation where a team like Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs can't ever make a realistic run at a title.

But it's churlish to deny that this is a good achievement, because it is. Cup runs require a lot of luck - single games of football are so unpredictable, with high levels of variance. To have gone so many games without defeat is an impressive achievement. It's not like Celtic are beating amateur teams to do this.

1 hour ago, AberdeenHibee said:

That was glorious.

This bugs me too.

Ok, maybe I don't get it because my team doesn't have a natural, very local rival.  If it did though, I still can't conceive of the circumstances that would make me hate them enough to take pleasure in an OF win.

34 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This bugs me too.

Ok, maybe I don't get it because my team doesn't have a natural, very local rival.  If it did though, I still can't conceive of the circumstances that would make me hate them enough to take pleasure in an OF win.

Tbf if it was Hibs I'd be pissing myself. Any team against either arse cheek I'd want to win, with the exception of Hibs, you just don't want them to win trophies.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Feel sorry for Celtic’s keeper Hazard, while reading the wee story on him on the BBC Scotland website this morning. He thinks he has a future at the club, but after his fairly horrific performance yesterday he obviously doesn’t. The saves at the shootout don’t give any indication on how good a keeper you are, but the previous 120 minutes do. Interesting to see who is in goal for the club on Wednesday. Let’s hope it’s Hazard.

Very strange post,Hazard will never forget the saves he made to win the cup it's a Tony watt moment.
It's up to him to keep the jersey Celtic just gave him a new contract,hes 22 years old FFS hes got at least another 15 years in the game.
It's strange you focus on the mistakes of a keeper rather than the saves he made during the game,Joe Lewis is a good keeper but he has made mistakes this season.
My take on the game yesterday was brilliant, the first half was men against boys it looked like a massive gap between levels an absolute canter.
Credit to the tarts for the second half didn't think they had that performance in them maybe Celtic came off it a bit  but the tarts had a feck it attitude.
Edouard  had 3 decent chances to finish the game apart from the penalty,Griffiths had his moment and Hazard should've punched the ball away for the tarts third.
Aidy White was hearts best player on the day but if you're looking for a MOTM It's got to be Hazard.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

Down South they love to call their FA Cup the best cup competition in the world but it's got absolutely nothing on ours. Yesterday was one of the best finals in recent memory, it would have been even better with fans. The only boring one in recent years was 2018 when Celtic beat Motherwell, 2016 was obviously incredible, 2017 was great especially the ending and last year was very good aswell. Scottish football > anywhere else.