19/20 Scottish Cup Final - Heart of Midlothian v Celtic

JamieThomas

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

That well known bellend Liam MacLeod claimed in commentary it was three subs plus another during extra time.

He's a slaver.  He was giving results of teams coming from behind to win the cup at one point saying it was rare. Named all the games and ignored last season's final where Celtic win from behind.

10 minutes ago, Green Day said:

I think the only accurate part of that post is that Aberdeen have the 3rd largest budget - the rest is made up shite to suit your agenda. 

I'm afraid they're correct you utter fandan. If Celtic reach CL they make about £120 million, if they bomb in Europe it bottoms out about £85. Last year Aberdeen had the highest turnover ever in their club's history, and it was £15.6 million.  Or about a seventh of a good year for Celtic.  Hibs, your club, would be about 10-11.  These figures are 100% accurate, and you're a fucking moron.

Btw fandan, Motherwell I guessed off the top of my head.  I said 6-7 million.  I just checked, its 6.84.  Twat.

I think the only accurate part of that post is that Aberdeen have the 3rd largest budget - the rest is made up shite to suit your agenda. 

I think he’s getting budget confused with turnover and then just got the hearts number wrong or used some projection of the covid season turnover for hearts and compared it to last season for the others

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Neil Lennon goes into the history books you can never take that away from him whatever happens.

Have a great Christmas M8.

We differ on our opinions on whether he is still the right man to take us forward which I still don’t think he is however you are right, you can’t deny him this success and I’m genuinely pleased for him that he got this over the line.

Have a good one 

Edited by Jinky67

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I think he’s getting budget confused with turnover and then just got the hearts number wrong or used some projection of the covid season turnover for hearts and compared it to last season for the others

Turnover is the important thing as it dictates budget.

Celtic's turnover is 6-7 times Aberdeen's. That's just a fact.  Aberdeen have the 3rd biggest in Scotland, also a fact.  Hibs would creep over 10, Hearts too if they were in the top flight, nobody else in Scotland would.

Rangers have about 5-6 times Aberdeen's turnover thus budget, and Celtic 6-7. These are just facts, I'm sorry if they're not how you'd like them to be, sometimes reality isn't.

24 minutes ago, Green Day said:

There is a fair bit of disparity. Inspired by yer man's post, I did calculate the Gini quotient (a number that economists use to measure income inequality) for the top divisions in England and Scotland. A perfectly fair distribution of income would have a GINI of 0, a perfectly unfair one-person-has-everything distrbution would have the value 1. The SPFL has inequality of about 0.61, comparable (in global economic income inequality terms) to South Africa - no other country in the world has income inequality that high. The EPL has 0.32, roughly as unequal as the countries of Luxembourg or France. Serie A has a GINI of about 0.42, roughly comparable to the USA. I don't have revenue figures by club for other leagues, but I suspect that Scotland is on the higher end of the scale.

Scotland does have a smaller league, which might skew the figures slightly, but smaller clubs don't have to publish their income so it's hard to fix (this applies to Hamilton and St Johnstone too, but I went with a plausible income overestimate).

10 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It's not implausible. Figures I see for turnover for 2017-18 has Celtic's revenue being nearly six times that of Aberdeen. Celtic on £85 million to Rangers on £32 million and Hearts/Aberdeen on £15 million

The figures I had were a couple of years old, so Rangers might have scored a few more pennies since then.

Edited by Aim Here

3 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

There is a fair bit of disparity. Inspired by yer man's post, I did calculate the Gini quotient (a number that economists use to measure income inequality) for the top divisions in England and Scotland. A perfectly fair distribution of income would have a GINI of 0, a perfectly unfair one-person-has-everything distrbution would have the value 1. The SPFL has inequality of about 0.61, comparable (in global economic income inequality terms) to South Africa - no other country in the world has income inequality that high. The EPL has 0.32, roughly as unequal as the countries of Luxembourg or France. Serie A has a GINI of about 0.42, roughly comparable to the USA. I don't have revenue figures by club for other leagues, but I suspect that Scotland is on the higher end of the scale.

It's not implausible. Figures I see for turnover for 2017-18 has Celtic's revenue being nearly six times that of Aberdeen. Celtic on £85 million to Rangers on £32 million and Hearts/Aberdeen on £15 million

The figures I had were a couple of years old, so Rangers might have scored a few more pennies since then.

Celtic were over 100 in 2018, if they reach the CL they hit around 110-120.  Rangers now up to 70 maybe more with EL success.  The other clubs don't have the opportunity to grow their revenue so its pretty static. Aberdeen 15-16, Hibs and Hearts 10-15, everyone else below 10.  Ross County lowest on only around 3m turnover.  There isn't another league in the world like that. 

3 hours ago, MS RR said:

If Falkirk win 12 trophies in a row then we have massively over-performed, and you would therefore find me celebrating till the day I die. 

Celtic fans don't seem to appreciate that this doesn't really constitute as success. They have an unbelievable financial advantage over every other team in Scotland. To sum up how meaningless this "achievement" is, you won the trophy and probably should sack your manager, because you are under-achieving. 

This made me chuckle, it always does when someone tries to pass off their opinion as if it is written in fact.

In essence what you are also saying is that the domestic achievement of the likes of Bayern Munich, Juventus and PSG are meaningless because of their superior financial advantage, to float that suggestion is somewhat laughable.

Anyway here is the thing I wouldn’t expect Celtics achievement to mean anything to you in the same way your opinion on the matter is pretty meaningless to me but tonight my club are celebrating

• 12 trophies won in a row
  • 4 trebles won in a row
  • A feat unmatched anywhere in the world (even by those other clubs that win “meaningless” trophies because they are richer 😉

What is your club celebrating tonight out of curiosity? 

In reference to us under-achieving, this season so far yes we have however under-achieving this season has absolutely no bearing on the achievements of the past 4 unless of course it’s the only weapon you have in a pretty feeble arsenal of “opinions” to try get a few Celtic fans to nibble. 

It’s Xmas, don’t be so bitter 😄

Edited by Jinky67

11 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Celtic were over 100 in 2018, if they reach the CL they hit around 110-120.  Rangers now up to 70 maybe more with EL success.  The other clubs don't have the opportunity to grow their revenue so its pretty static. Aberdeen 15-16, Hibs and Hearts 10-15, everyone else below 10.  Ross County lowest on only around 3m turnover.  There isn't another league in the world like that. 

I suspect there are others. Croatia, for instance, has only had three league  winners in history, and one of those teams only won it once. Serbia is something similar. Whether their top two teams have quite as much advantage over the rest as Rangers/Celtic, I don't know.

Really this isn't Celtic, or Rangers' fault. It's the toxic effect of TV and European money; in order to mollify clubs from the top three or four national leagues which get giant TV money, huge sums of money have to go to CL, and the crumbs that the best one or two clubs in the lower-end leagues in Europe get for merely participating are enough to overpower everyone else in those leagues. Norway has one slot and is dominated by one team. Croatia has two slots and has two dominating teams, as does Serbia. Iron law of distribution - them that has, gets.

We should just fix this at the source, by banning televised football worldwide.

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

This made me chuckle, it always does when someone tries to pass off their opinion as if it is written in fact.

In essence what you are also saying is that the domestic achievement of the likes of Bayern Munich, Juventus and PSG are meaningless because of their superior financial advantage, to float that suggestion is somewhat laughable.

Anyway here is the thing I wouldn’t expect Celtics achievement to mean anything to you in the same way your opinion on the matter is pretty meaningless to me but tonight my club are celebrating

• 4 trebles won in a row
  • A feat unmatched anywhere in the world (even by those other clubs that win “meaningless” trophies because they are richer 😉

In reference to us under-achieving, this season so far yes we have however under-achieving this season has absolutely no bearing on the achievements of the past 4 unless of course it’s the only weapon you have in a pretty feeble arsenal of “opinions” to try get a few Celtic fans to nibble. 

Stop it, they’ve moved on to bugler chat.  

Turnover is the important thing as it dictates budget.
Celtic's turnover is 6-7 times Aberdeen's. That's just a fact.  Aberdeen have the 3rd biggest in Scotland, also a fact.  Hibs would creep over 10, Hearts too if they were in the top flight, nobody else in Scotland would.
Rangers have about 5-6 times Aberdeen's turnover thus budget, and Celtic 6-7. These are just facts, I'm sorry if they're not how you'd like them to be, sometimes reality isn't.

You’re not entirely wrong but you’re not spot on either

turnover is a rough and ready proxy measure for playing budget as opposed to a direct measure. Ratios of wages to turnover vary from club to club but turnover is good enough to illustrate the broader points though

Everyone will be making less money this season from Celtic to Brechin. Drawing comparisons between last years turnover when there wasn’t a pandemic and a guess at hearts turnover this year when there is one is a foolhardy endeavour .

Chances are that everyone ratio of wages to turnover will be up across the board but by different amounts

Worth pointing out Aberdeen have the 3rd biggest budget in Scotland, and Celtic's budget is SEVEN TIMES Aberdeen's.  Its about twenty times Hearts'.   There are no other leagues with that level of disparity.  A club like Motherwell have a budget of about £6-7 million, Celtic have about £100-120.  Its off the charts, my mum could win the title with Celtic until Rangers were a force again which is only recently.
Big team found

53 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

• 4 trebles won in a row

You've managed to completely miss my point  haha. As I stated in another post which you should have quoted me on instead, which you have seen, is the achievements of Bayern Munich and Juventus are credible and do mean something because they have legitimate competition despite their financial advantage. So in essence, Celtic's domestic "success" is meaningless, whereas Bayern Munich and Juventus have achieved proper success.  

And if my opinion is so meaningless to you, why write a response of that size? 😆 

Celtic's domestic success is the most meaningless in Europe. 

Edited by MS RR

Rodgers had Celtic playing to a high standard and demanded success and improved players. Celtic might as well not have had a manger since he left, they’ve spent millions yet got worse. There’s no way any other Celtic team since the 80s would have got that result today. They’re a shambles and winning it will award the league to rangers and continue the abject performances.

Theyve got three decent players for every position yet struggled to beat a hearts side we beat quite easily.