19/20 Scottish Cup Final - Heart of Midlothian v Celtic

JamieThomas

I suppose history will look back at that final in a strange kind of way - folk will remember Ginnelly's equaliser despite him being mostly pish (but class according to Billy Dodds! :blink:) and Hazard's two penalty saves despite him looking like a nervous wreck for 120 minutes.

10 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I suppose history will look back at that final in a strange kind of way - folk will remember Ginnelly's equaliser despite him being mostly pish (but class according to Billy Dodds! :blink:) and Hazard's two penalty saves despite him looking like a nervous wreck for 120 minutes.

I thought Ginnelly was good tbh.  Couple of chances he should have done better with but he caused them loads of problems and put in a great ball for the first equaliser as well as scoring.

We were certainly much more of a threat with him on

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

When Brown finally gets the broken nose he’s been chasing all these years the perpetrators fine will break records on Kickstarter

It'll be more than a fine if it comes as a result of some arsehole posting his home address on Kickback. Real big men.  

Didn't a fat Rangers fan who was a absolute dead ringer for Martin Waghorn manage to deck him on the pitch?  Leading many to question if he had a twin.

Yup.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/15267912.pervert-rangers-fan-who-squared-up-to-scott-brown-now-has-a-go-at-his-victims/

Also apologies to Martin Waghorn.

Na not really.  In actual fact thanks for this ya fat dick

nintchdbpict000237224563.jpg

Edited by Lofarl

43 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Success no matter the circumstances should always be  celebrated.

It certainly doesn’t feel hollow and if you ever find your team winning 12 trophies on the bounce or a consistent spell of winning trophies then I hope you take the time to revel in it.

If we lose the 10 then it’s going to hurt and there are many things that we need address but that’s not for today

Merry Xmas

Neil Lennon goes into the history books you can never take that away from him whatever happens.

Have a great Christmas M8.

I thought Ginnelly was good tbh.  Couple of chances he should have done better with but he caused them loads of problems and put in a great ball for the first equaliser as well as scoring.

The two things he really got wrong were spectacularly overhit shots which stick in the memory more.

He’s really good at being Josh Ginelly, less so at being Jamie Walker

44 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Success no matter the circumstances should always be  celebrated.

It certainly doesn’t feel hollow and if you ever find your team winning 12 trophies on the bounce or a consistent spell of winning trophies then I hope you take the time to revel in it.

If we lose the 10 then it’s going to hurt and there are many things that we need address but that’s not for today

Merry Xmas

If Falkirk win 12 trophies in a row then we have massively over-performed, and you would therefore find me celebrating till the day I die. 

Celtic fans don't seem to appreciate that this doesn't really constitute as success. They have an unbelievable financial advantage over every other team in Scotland. To sum up how meaningless this "achievement" is, you won the trophy and probably should sack your manager, because you are under-achieving. 

1 hour ago, Crùbag said:

Walker is a mystery. Superb or AWOL.

The first half performance lost us the game IMHO and not the penalties. Gordon had little to do.

Walker, Halliday and Berra to blame for first half - mixture of attitude and fck-ups. Halliday's attitude at the first goal was unforgivable, standing off the player then sauntering away as if there was no danger. Berra is just a carcrash. Both improved in second half but damage was done. Without that Berra pen, we win 2-1 in normal time.

The funny thing is, Lennon will keep his job and Rangers will win the league.

Bit simplistic. If they don't get the penalty and it's 1-0 at HT we don't attack like we did in the 2nd half.

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Neil Lennon goes into the history books you can never take that away from him whatever happens.

Yes, he'll crop up after the bit about the Napoleonic wars.  

What we witnessed today has genuine historic significance.  It'll excite the finest minds for generations.

We were dreadful for the first half, lucky it was only 2. After that we were the better side and thought we showed great steel to come back not just from 2-0 but also 3-2, normally an ET goal like Griffiths kills you.

Two shite penalties from Kingsley and Wighton, but it feels harsh to pick on individuals.

A real sore one, but think we can hold our heads high after that. 

27 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Indeed. He scored one, set one up and, although he should have had another couple, I'd far rather have him in the team than someone like Walker, who was reliably anonymous in another big game.

Congrats to Celtic, a trophy is a trophy. But lets remember that if Kinglsey and Wighton just held their nerve then Celtic would have lost a final to a second tier team recently dumped out of a cup by Alloa. Lennon's reign continues.

10 minutes ago, MS RR said:

If Falkirk win 12 trophies in a row then we have massively over-performed, and you would therefore find me celebrating till the day I die. 

Celtic fans don't seem to appreciate that this doesn't really constitute as success. They have an unbelievable financial advantage over every other team in Scotland. To sum up how meaningless this "achievement" is, you won the trophy and probably should sack your manager, because you are under-achieving. 

Absolute state of this 😂

So because Celtic have greater financial resources than other clubs any achievement is meaningless, even 12 domestic trophies in succession?

By your logic then that should render at least 50% of all title and trophy wins as hollow as, all over football teams that contest finals and compete for league titles tend to be the clubs with greater financial resources, that isn't always the case and there is some merit in the suggestion that a small club upsetting the odds to lift a trophy is, in juxtaposition a greater achievement but winning twelve straight trophies, regardless of any financial muscle is still a pretty special feat, dry your eyes mate.

19 minutes ago, DunblaneICT said:

That's the Cellic feeling big again..................................................until the next slip up.........................................

Struggling to overcome a championship side is nothing to get excited about.

Did you not celebrate our cup win in 2015 then?

Edited by PB1994

It’s a great point. I tend not to celebrate Celtic’s success but much prefer to revel in others misery.
Thanks for indulging me.