19/20 Scottish Cup Final - Heart of Midlothian v Celtic

JamieThomas

9 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Best option/scenario imho.

Not sure if Kingsley or White can play on the right.

It genuinely isn't.  Play people in their right position imo.  It'll be Berra anyway, it's pretty much been said by Neilson. Just got to hope we have a plan to cover his deficiencies.  He should at least be handy to have at set pieces.

19 hours ago, paranoid android said:

What happened there, then?

That scene in the locker room where he refused to stand and shake Stendel's hand despite being captain. Looked like he knew his goose was cooked with a new boss who'd analyse where we'd been leaking goals.

Stendel wasn't faultless though I think he was coming good but Berra's attitude stank. Stendel deserved a chance despite his squad of lazy underachievers as much as Berra deserved a chance to turn it around under a new boss.

Am hoping an upgrade on both Berra and Popescu will arrive in January though maybe Popescu deserves another chance against Champs opposition.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Hearts seem to be baffling good value for a flutter at the moment.

Possibly though I wonder if Celtic have started to turn it around and Sevco are embarking on another midwinter meltdown - currently 1-0 down to the Well.

Berra isn't good enough for the championship never mind another cup final vs celtic. He'll sell the jersey again and the buck stops with Neilson when he does. That's before you get to the fact that he'll just keeping hoofing the ball into Celtic's half all game inviting constant pressure and eliminating any chance to constructively counter attack. 

20 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Berra isn't good enough for the championship never mind another cup final vs celtic. He'll sell the jersey again and the buck stops with Neilson when he does. That's before you get to the fact that he'll just keeping hoofing the ball into Celtic's half all game inviting constant pressure and eliminating any chance to constructively counter attack. 

Unfortunately the main alternative is Popescu, who's also rubbish, also gives the ball away (often in more dangerous areas) and himself almost sold the jerseys in the semi-final. Any other options mean moving players out of their best positions and bringing in lesser alternatives, so there aren't really any good ones here.

It's very difficult to predict a line-up at the moment, but I wouldn't be completely surprised to see Neilson go with a back three, partly to minimise the chances of Berra being exposed. Halkett and Kingsley either side of Berra, with Smith and White as wing-backs, a central midfield pairing of Haring and Halliday/Irving, and a front three of Ginnelly/Walker, Naismith and Boyce.

14 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

It genuinely isn't.  Play people in their right position imo.  It'll be Berra anyway, it's pretty much been said by Neilson. Just got to hope we have a plan to cover his deficiencies.  He should at least be handy to have at set pieces.

😂

9 hours ago, DC92 said:

Unfortunately the main alternative is Popescu, who's also rubbish, also gives the ball away (often in more dangerous areas) and himself almost sold the jerseys in the semi-final. Any other options mean moving players out of their best positions and bringing in lesser alternatives, so there aren't really any good ones here.

It's very difficult to predict a line-up at the moment, but I wouldn't be completely surprised to see Neilson go with a back three, partly to minimise the chances of Berra being exposed. Halkett and Kingsley either side of Berra, with Smith and White as wing-backs, a central midfield pairing of Haring and Halliday/Irving, and a front three of Ginnelly/Walker, Naismith and Boyce.

If Berra IS going to start, then your back 5 option is the one I'd be most comfortable with.

Key players for me (if we go for a back 5) are going to be Jamie Walker, who is going to have to put a shift in if we are a bit narrow in the middle and Andy Halliday. If he starts and can keep the head, then I think we have more than an outside chance in what is a free-hit for us.

If Neilson plays a back 3 with Popescu and Berra I'm turning off.

Guest TheJTS98

Heading to the boozer for the game now. Suitably dull Scottish day here.

We have no good options at the back. They're all pish. That's why they play for us. For that reason I'm pretty unconcerned about who we pick.

Either way, we need all the breaks.

We have no good options at the back. They're all pish. That's why they play for us. For that reason I'm pretty unconcerned about who we pick.
Just rub it in why dont you.

Guest TheJTS98
3 minutes ago, Empty It said:
14 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

Just rub it in why dont you.

If it makes you feel better, we can only watch the first half in the pub.