19/20 Scottish Cup Final - Heart of Midlothian v Celtic

JamieThomas

6 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I don't think Berra has been any worse than Popescu, I also think he'll be far more useful defending set pieces against guys like Duffy.  That said, either one carries risks, Berra can't turn very well but he's not as slow as folk claim, Popescu is more mobile but seems a bit slacker.  It's a weak spot for sure either way.

I'm just remembering the last cup final - two balls over the top = 2 goals.

If I was lennon, and thank god I'm not, I'd be aiming to exploit that,

If they're both weak, you could go Kingsley at CB with Halliday or (god forbid) White at LB, but that won't happen either.

I don't mind White at left-mid as an impact sub, but he's too weak to start at LB. 

Back shree is a distant possibility, but it does look like a back four with Berra at LCH.

Edited by paranoid android

I'd normally be rooting for the plucky lower league side in a final like this, but since Hertz were never relegated (in the same way Rangers never died), I'm in a wee bit of a quandary. Hope someone wins but I don't know who.

You’ve not thought that through

Should we make it to the final in 5 months time then you can worry about whether that relegation was genuine or not

This is the 2019/20 cup final so we’re not a lower league side.

5 hours ago, The Golden God said:

Scott Brown to be on the bench and come on in stoppage time to clean out Naismith, prompting Halliday to punch him and get sent off - even money. Add Naismith and Brown to be sent off after the final whistle and you'll get 11/10.

Neil Lennon to start Brown out of some kind of misguided loyalty. Brown to embarrass himself on the national stage with his lack of legs and is embarrassingly subbed after 55 minutes when on a yellow and having committed three offences that should've seen him walk.

15 hours ago, paranoid android said:

If they're both weak, you could go Kingsley at CB with Halliday or (god forbid) White at LB, but that won't happen either.

I don't mind White at left-mid as an impact sub, but he's too weak to start at LB. 

Back shree is a distant possibility, but it does look like a back four with Berra at LCH.

Going by Neilson's interview in the paper today, Berra is starting.  He speaks about knowing what he can and can't do though, so hopefully we have someone ready to sweep across if Berra gets targeted under the ball in behind.

On 17/12/2020 at 01:34, ArabAuslander said:

No reason that VAR can't be used for the Cup Final. Wouldn't need many additional costs for it.

It has goal line technology at least, which is a positive.  Personally would rather see VAR nowhere near Scottish Football, it's pish.

On 15/12/2020 at 19:33, paranoid android said:

Berra's a big guy but seems to struggle with the high ball. Never mind Celtic, he was all at sea for QoS' goal from the free-kick last week. Popescu... hasn't shone so far. It's a gamble. Some say Berra's done 'all right' so far. Doing OK in the Champs isn't much of a recommendation though. Berra should've been punted for his attitude to Stendel when he first showed up.

Sure do need someone else in there to mop up their slavers and dribbles.

Edited by Crùbag

On 16/12/2020 at 14:03, Tynierose said:

Im up for just playing with ten men tbh rather than Berra.

Popescu gives me the fear, but the thought of Berra starting takes that fear up a notch.

Would feel far happier with Michael Smith in the middle alongside Halkett.