Stanley Baxter Outs Himself

I think we all knew anyway and none of us gave a f**k but Stanley has outed himself at the age of 94:

https://www.scotsman.com/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/actor-stanley-baxter-comes-out-gay-new-book-lifting-lid-his-troubled-private-life-3020919

He didn't comment on this per se but Julian Clary's words about himself are very sage:

The public has always had affection for gay entertainers. The time was right for an out gay entertainer.

52 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I think we all knew anyway and none of us gave a f**k but Stanley has outed himself at the age of 94:

https://www.scotsman.com/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/actor-stanley-baxter-comes-out-gay-new-book-lifting-lid-his-troubled-private-life-3020919

He didn't comment on this per se but Julian Clary's words about himself are very sage:

The public has always had affection for gay entertainers. The time was right for an out gay entertainer.

More shocked he's still alive tbh.

13 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Fair play - not shocked - the man's a legend - any kind of love is all right. 

A legend that would have lasted five minutes in the days of Late Call.

Most of these guys were pish but rose to fame in Scottish telly via Lodge Dramatic.

6 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

A legend that would have lasted five minutes in the days of Late Call.

Most of these guys were pish but rose to fame in Scottish telly via Lodge Dramatic.

Wonder how Bob Crampsey managed to get on the telly despite having a Donegal surname and being the headmaster at an RC secondary school in Coatbridge? The Dom Sullivan of his generation maybe. Having said that my first reaction at seeing this thread was also shock that Stanley Baxter would still be alive.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

7 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

His life is his own, it's not as if it's a surprise, see Gerard Kelly and more recently Philip Schofield.

I hope Gerard Kelly goes public with a few words of support for Stanley.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

If I was born in to that generation I'd have stayed in the closet too, like many others did.

Nowadays no one really cares and there's such a difference even from when i came out in the 90s. 

47 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

More likely people will judge him for having a wife for over 50 years, rather than him being gay.

It's the bit were he said he didn't want to be gay, that's what is incredibly sad that he never felt comfortable with himself