Best player outwith the Old Firm

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was nothing more than me fucking about to see if I could find a rating system that wasn't a dumpster fire tbh.

Aim was to identify strikers who are both a reliable goalscorer, and able to regularly set up chances, and think that come out well enough for a first go.

It's certainly pretty reasonable overall. 

Just now, coprolite said:

It's certainly pretty reasonable overall. 

Cheers.

Trying to work a system that identifies a players "role" based on their figures.

As in, Dykes would be a "target man/pressing forward", and Defoe a "Poacher", and they would be rated on these metrics, rather than just a generic set for everyone.

Be months until that's done though.

8 minutes ago, Aidan said:
10 minutes ago, ewan14 said:
Sorry , Scottish players only
I am a bit lost myself
( this rating system talk does not help )

You okay? Seems like you've had a rough weekend.

O.K. thanks , semi final result did not help , Hanley back in the national squad a shock

As the Prince - ling once sang " Sign of the Times "

Hoping for a Biden victory

( Trump is like bosses , he either lies or talks excrement )

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Were I scouting for Rangers I'd suggest we should take a look at Allan Campbell (who would improve among better players) and Stuart Findlay who, at 25, still has a load of potential.

Both are good and should go to Aberdeen. Getting to the semi finals every season is what it’s all about.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/11/2020 at 18:32, coprolite said:

To the limited extent i understand that, it depends what you're trying to rate. 

If you want a really skilful lazy git who gets by on scoring every couple of games from half chances, then your system rates that highly. Hence Stokes. 

Starting to add more to this, if you're still interested, and Stokes has dropped to 23rd now.

Callum Hendry last season, and Steven Naismith 18/19, now the best non-OF strikers, and are the only non-OF strikers in the top 10.

Ross Stewart, Louis Moult, Alex Schalk and Lyndon Dykes complete the top 15 all in.

Think the next step will be adding a factor for minutes played. While its correct Hendry rates so highly based on goals per90, its not correct he can play so little and be so far ahead of players who played almost every minute. Consistency is key and all that.