Best player outwith the Old Firm

I've not seen much Premiership football since Dundee United were expelled from the division in 2016 but if I had to choose one player who has impressed me this season it would probably be Ryan Hedges.

Considering my dreadful team are 5th in the table and a 37 year old Chris Burke is considered one of the best players in this league it looks like slim pickings in terms of quality.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

FWIW...
GK: Joe Lewis
FB: Jonny Hayes
CB: Declan Gallagher
CM: Lewis Ferguson
WM: David Wotherspoon 
ST: Cosgrove 

Don't think there's any coincidence Aberdeen are comfortably the 3rd best side.
Wotherspoon the "dodgy" shout but honestly, in terms of consistent output I don't think any other wide player comes close. He's only let down by players sclaffing the chance he's put on a plate for them.
Based on this season I'd say your man Kerr has been much better than Gallagher. Although Motherwell seem to be cutting out the stupid mistakes at the back now. Kerr is classy, and has age on his side.

On his day Boyle is unplayable against any team in this league, but consistency wise I'd have to go for Burke.

20201102_133012.thumb.jpg.41650feb36e28d129d81532eb3284c44.jpgScreenshot_20201102-133033_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.49266db8db63426f3a22ed12a152a227.jpgScreenshot_20201102-133052_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.e81bae589b6931c786dbb661930373c9.jpg

There's yer list of strikers over the past 4 years, scored/ranked based on "efficiency" in front of goal, and how many chances they set up aswell.

Cosgrove the obvious one a bit low, but he seems to set up almost no chances for team mates.

19/20 a muddle but the rest ordered by club.

Anthony Stokes in 17/18 officially the best non-OF striker. Kevin Nisbet this season (so far).

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

There's yer list of strikers over the past 4 years, scored/ranked based on "efficiency" in front of goal, and how many chances they set up aswell.

Cosgrove the obvious one a bit low, but he seems to set up almost no chances for team mates.

Anthony Stokes in 17/18 officially the best non-OF striker. Kevin Nisbet this season (so far).

How are you judging the chance creation?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Could you not just superimpose Jordan White somewhere to be inclusive.

On 01/11/2020 at 01:55, Jacky1990 said:

Allan Campbell.

Very surprised he is still at Motherwell. Class player who Celtic should be seriously eyeing up as the replacement for Scott Brown. 

As much as it pains me to say it, I've been saying this for the last yer and a half. Campbell is exactly what Celtic need in there. An actual CM there are too many of them that play AML/AM/AMR (<<---- FM patter)  in that team and that's why Turnbull is struggling for time. I think Campbell would have been ideal to share time with Broon for this year or so until he moves on. 

Hopefully Campbell signs a 5 year deal soon.

Edited by Busta Nut

8 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

As much as it pains me to say it, I've been saying thins for the last yer and a half. Campbell is exactly what Celtic need in there. An actual CM there are too many of them that play AML/AM/AMR (<<---- FM patter)  in that team and that's why Turnbull is struggling for time. I think Campbell would have been ideal to share time with Broon for this year or so until he moves on. 

Hopefully Campbell signs a 5 year deal soon.

They will just give the Turnbull money to Campbell, the other players will have to go to him for their wages and they will have to justify it.  I think that why Long’s face is always tripping him.

53 minutes ago, G51 said:

How are you judging the chance creation?

xA and "shot assists". Tried to use "passes into the box" etc, but I'm not sure that particularly proved anything, whereas the two I chose have a direct link to creating chances. Maybe done it wrong.

41 minutes ago, ropy said:

Could you not just superimpose Jordan White somewhere to be inclusive.

As I said on your thread, I had to delete him entirely as instead of ratings/rankings I just had a swathe of errors when he was involved. Him having a 0 score for everything just doesn't work.

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

20201102_133012.thumb.jpg.41650feb36e28d129d81532eb3284c44.jpgScreenshot_20201102-133033_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.49266db8db63426f3a22ed12a152a227.jpgScreenshot_20201102-133052_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.e81bae589b6931c786dbb661930373c9.jpg

That's interesting because Anthony Stokes was mince and disruptive in 17/18, to the point that no one was sad to see him leave in January despite him scoring 2 goals in a Scottish cup final win 18 months earlier.

Between that and the previous statistical analysis revealing that Tony Ralston was Saints' best player last year it's not going well for the Letham Michael Cox so far