Lowland Trapdoorwatch 2020-21

FairWeatherFan

If the info about a Midland League formed by east region north clubs emerging as an HL tier 6 feeder next season is accurate, it looks like that ship has sailed now. All of the SFA, HL, LL and SPFL need to sign off on a Club 42 rule change, so the HL acknowledging unambiguously that Dundee, Forfar, Arbroath, Brechin (via Brechin Vics) and Montrose (via Montrose Roselea of the north region who will be another tier 6 feeder to the HL)  as being in their catchment would be highly significant. 

1 hour ago, Swifty said:

Aye yer right, feck the rules

Surely that's what the LL said last season when they threw their limit of 16 clubs out the window and gave the board the ability to increase the number of clubs to 17 or 18?

6 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Surely that's what the LL said last season when they threw their limit of 16 clubs out the window and gave the board the ability to increase the number of clubs to 17 or 18?

That was done to accommodate Bo’ness and to honour their part of the pyramid, despite no play off at the top.

It was agreed 50% completion or null and void. Everyone knew what the script was. I understand the Kelty situation as it would be unfair after what happened last season not to give them a chance of a cracking at league 2. Don't think anyone could grudge that. 

12 hours ago, Big Dougie said:

That was done to accommodate Bo’ness and to honour their part of the pyramid, despite no play off at the top.

Right but the LL still changed their rules to achieve it, and it was to keep Vale up as in any other season the bottom team goes down when there's 16+1 clubs.

35 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Right but the LL still changed their rules to achieve it, and it was to keep Vale up as in any other season the bottom team goes down when there's 16+1 clubs.

Yes you are correct, but looking in from the outside the reverse happened from this year. There was no chance of promotion last year, so it probably wasn’t right to relegate either. I am all for there being relegation this year if Kelty have a chance at the other end.

54 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

Yes you are correct, but looking in from the outside the reverse happened from this year. There was no chance of promotion last year, so it probably wasn’t right to relegate either. I am all for there being relegation this year if Kelty have a chance at the other end.

There is the potential for relegation this year which is why Vale of Leithen put out their statement frustrated by the decision. One of the reasons nothing is known is that the EoSFL have yet to make a decision on how they're finishing the season and the result of the SPFL2 Play-off.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3 April 2021 at 22:11, Swifty said:

Aye yer right, feck the rules

At this level there ain't any rules.

This mob will get the old knickers in a twist over Brechin and then say and do nothing when heading up to Brechin next season.

Wait till Brechin/Celtic/Sevco laugh at them.

• 3 months later...

Now I may be a humble armchair fan that has never kicked a ball in my life, but I feel like Vale may be sitting bottom this season again.

I thought when we played them they looked stodgy with zero ability up front, and might have been stodgy enough often enough to finish above Edinburgh Uni if things went their way, but probably not. 

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

Only way that can happen is if Elgin or Forfar get relegated by a LL team.

With Forfar competing for the league title and Elgin likely being playoffs/mid-table quality, looks like they'll need to rely on their sheer ability. I of course wish them the best of luck in this endeavour.