Lowland Trapdoorwatch 2020-21

FairWeatherFan

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Can they withdraw AND request the drop to the EoS?  surely they won't have the brass neck to withdraw to keep a place in the LL?

Looking at it from a purely selfish perspective they'd be daft not to. Another season of LL income once crowds can get back in then a year in the top tier of EoS, rather than just skipping straight to the bottom of the EoS top tier.

43 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Over the weekend I remember HJ saying the EoSFL deadline for withdrawing had passed with no one taking up the offer. 

Presumably the LL deadline isn't the full month of December and has hopefully passed so relegation can happen. 

43 minutes ago, Crow said:

Deadline not yet passed I believe so could still happen. 

Apparently it's been extended - from Saturday coming until the Monday after Scottish Cup R2 next month.

On 28/11/2020 at 21:54, Marshmallo said:

Given it averages about 0.5 relegations a season they should be fine for the next 20 years.

On 15/12/2020 at 22:29, Marshmallo said:

I've never kicked a ball in my life. Is that a good result for Vale of Leithen?

Maybes you should take oot yer relegation stress issues out on Fort William who were pumped 10-0 yesterday and 100% will be a Highland League team next season,would you consider that a good result for them yesterday? :whistle

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

Maybes you should take oot yer relegation stress issues out on Fort William who were pumped 10-0 yesterday and 100% will be a Highland League team next season,would you consider that a good result for them yesterday? :whistle

A fair point given the extensive quality at tier 6 in the Highlands

On 15/12/2020 at 23:35, HibeeJibee said:

Apparently it's been extended - from Saturday coming until the Monday after Scottish Cup R2 next month.

Given LL clubs have been handed £33k in grant momey, the option to withdraw should have been immediately withdrawn.  It is utterly ridicuous to extend this deadline, they really are worse than the SPFL at self-protectionism.

14 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Given LL clubs have been handed £33k in grant momey, the option to withdraw should have been immediately withdrawn.  It is utterly ridicuous to extend this deadline, they really are worse than the SPFL at self-protectionism.

The deadline was extended before the money was divvied up, and no one has yet to to withdraw.

At the same time the mainland of the country is going back into a Tier 4 lockdown where a lot of people don't think clubs at this level should be playing on.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The deadline was extended before the money was divvied up, and no one has yet to to withdraw.

At the same time the mainland of the country is going back into a Tier 4 lockdown where a lot of people don't think clubs at this level should be playing on.

It remains a case of self-protectionism as it stands. If a club needs to withdraw due to circumstances, fine, but like the EoS you therefore need to take one of the relegation spots and drop to the level below for the following season.

14 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

It remains a case of self-protectionism as it stands. If a club needs to withdraw due to circumstances, fine, but like the EoS you therefore need to take one of the relegation spots and drop to the level below for the following season.

The LL can only amend their own rules.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The LL can only amend their own rules.

Obviously, so a club withdrawing will automatically occupy 17th position in the final league table.  If a second withdraws, they occupy 16th and so on, then relegate them as defined by the rules.   However, I rather suspect we may see an 18 team LL before we see it return to 16.

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Obviously, so a club withdrawing will automatically occupy 17th position in the final league table.  If a second withdraws, they occupy 16th and so on, then relegate them as defined by the rules.   However, I rather suspect we may see an 18 team LL before we see it return to 16.

Nope. A club withdraws has their record wiped from the league. They can't be classed as bottom any longer.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Nope. A club withdraws has their record wiped from the league. They can't be classed as bottom any longer.

If a club withdraws in your scnario then they are no longer members, so should start at the bottom of the Pyramid the following season.  That's harsh, I'd just demote them a level, like the EoS would have done.

What connection do you have with the LL BTW?

6 hours ago, Burnieman said:

If a club withdraws in your scnario then they are no longer members, so should start at the bottom of the Pyramid the following season.  That's harsh, I'd just demote them a level, like the EoS would have done.

What connection do you have with the LL BTW?

They'd be withdrawing from the league season, not the league itself. They're record would still be expunged from the table and they couldn't be classed as bottom. EoSFL can agree to relegate teams for withdrawing as they operate multiple divisions, the LL cannot as it just a single division.

And you should know i've got nothing to do with any club or league by now.

12 hours ago, Burnieman said:

If any club withdraws from the Lowland League before the new deadline would that mean that they forfeit the £33k ?

Same question would apply to Forres Mechanics in the Highland League. Presumably the money is for loss of fans gate money  so the 33k would be lost??

5 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They'd be withdrawing from the league season, not the league itself. They're record would still be expunged from the table and they couldn't be classed as bottom. EoSFL can agree to relegate teams for withdrawing as they operate multiple divisions, the LL cannot as it just a single division.

Surely whether or not any league has one or more divisions or conferences is irrelevant.

If any club withdraws they're down as, in the Lowland League's Rules and Regulations, there is a Pyramid League to relegate to i.e. the East of Scotland League Premier Division?

1 minute ago, Dev said:

Surely whether or not any league has one or more divisions or conferences is irrelevant.

If any club withdraws they're down as, in the Lowland League's Rules and Regulations, there is a Pyramid League to relegate to i.e. the East of Scotland League Premier Division?

There is a mechanism for promotion and relegation between leagues. Voiding a club's record means they're no longer considered the bottom club. The LL have no right to place a club in any other league after that. The LL have made decisions to look after their members with what they have control over. In the same the EoSFL, WoSFL, SoSFL, HL, NCL, and Juniors leagues have done for themselves.

And so far no one has actually taken up that option, but people still like to complain about it as if they have.

Oh cmon.....

There is a mechanism for promotion and relegation between leagues. Voiding a club's record means they're no longer considered the bottom club. The LL have no right to place a club in any other league after that. The LL have made decisions to look after their members with what they have control over. In the same the EoSFL, WoSFL, SoSFL, HL, NCL, and Juniors leagues have done for themselves.

And so far no one has actually taken up that option, but people still like to complain about it as if they have.

Do you think a club who withdraws should be relegated rather than saved? Do you think saving them damages the credibility of both the LL and the Pyramid?