Lowland Trapdoorwatch 2020-21

FairWeatherFan

On 06/11/2020 at 07:14, selfassemblyshire said:

Okay I'll bite.

Your point is?

You spent ~10 of your last 15 years in the national leagues stinking the place out but now that you've dropped a level and have got some temporary, two-bob Brooks Mileson on the scene you're patronising other clubs for being lucky to stay at a level. 

If sporting merit had anything to do with it then your mob would have been in the fourth rung of the Juniors by now.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

You spent ~10 of your last 15 years in the national leagues stinking the place out but now that you've dropped a level and have got some temporary, two-bob Brooks Mileson on the scene you're patronising other clubs for being lucky to stay at a level. 

If sporting merit had anything to do with it then your mob would have been in the fourth rung of the Juniors by now.

Really. Is that the best trolling you can do ? 

Come on then, let rip and give it you best shot. Shire are an easy target for trolls of old who never did have the intelligence to grasp the "why and cause" instead they just looked at the results and gave vent. Surely you do not fall onto that category of those who would make uneducated comments without 1st having a grasp of the facts. If so, to misquoted Kevin Keegan "you have gone down in my estimation"

There's nothing 'trolling' about pointing out those plain facts champ. Presumably Vale of Leithen have got a hard luck story or two of their own: yet for some strange reason we should impatiently tut for their removal to a lower level while making a special exception for 'the Shire' - who should be playing about five leagues below their current level based on historical performances.

Your woe is us revisionism btw will no doubt pass over the Spencer Fearn period when East Stirling were quite happy to take some Walter Mitty's money and spunk it all up against the wall on players just like Gretna did, without adding anything of long term value to their business model whatsoever. And now that there's another fly by night chancer on board, ES fans are once again looking down their nose at others for being out of their depth in a football league like butter wouldn't melt in their mouths.

Edited by vikingTON

So that was your best. Oh dear.  Spencer had nothing to do with the issues that befell Shire in the era you are referring to. I am not going to help you out here.... do some proper research into the cause before coming out with comments. I genuinely have no issue if you having a bone against clubs with benefactors but please make sure you don't confuse the Spencer time with what happened before and after.

At no point have I personally derided any other team and I have actually have a soft spot for Vale. Check my posts.

Do you make me laugh with our new "fly by night chancer".  A strong view which you are obviously entitled to. Time will tell in end. Personally my thoughts are that at all levels of footy there are investors for whatever reasons. As long they don't compromise the financial ongoing viability of a club then that is the way of the world.

Clubs at the moment have way bigger worries at the moment that benefactors wishing to help be it a smalll or bigger way

Edited by Dead

Oh aye, 'Spencer' had nothing to do with it at all - he only chucked money at a first team and a dung manager to try and miserably fail to get you out of the fourth tier, when you didn't actually have a ground of your own to play in and generate revenue from. Nothing more productive could possibly have been done with external investment at the time.

B4B69545-A189-453C-97FC-1DCCF933CE23.png.7604d4bf06687ba0612974bc06b69402.png

Then he left and you reverted to stinking out the national leagues to the surprise of absolutely no-one. A true hard luck story if ever there was one.

Edited by vikingTON

Strange decision to abandon yesterdays game. As far as I could tell from the bottom of the garden both teams wanted to finish the game (I could be wrong) Does a result not stand after 70min? Why stop it at 66min? 

Ive watched all of the home games and the defending can be shambolic ( the keeper has been excellent). Cant see them surviving. One thing that seems strange is a manager who continually picks himself but can't keep up. Hellish to watch. The Bonnyrigg game looks ominous. 

17 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Because they're doomed quite clearly.

It's not as if they've got 22 more games to play :) 

Wouldn't quite go that far but I'd say quote this once December is oot.

See how far doomed they are then considering Ed Uni and  the Star are on the radar.

Why am I even trying to defend them ?

That's 2 days in a row now :lol: