Lowland Trapdoorwatch 2020-21

FairWeatherFan

54 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Only way that can happen is if Elgin or Forfar get relegated by a LL team.

It’s still madness they even have an out, albeit an outside one. It really needs to be 2 down and if the stars align (the scenario you mention) 1 down to give this league an ounce of integrity… ventilation I think it’s called 🤔

With broomhill fc of alloa 2021 being relegation fodder for the next few years I can’t see the chairman, who obviously acts on the best interests for the league at all times, will push for this any time soon.

So what's the procedure for getting the rules changed so there are two 'standard' relegation slots rather than the current 'standard' one? I use 'standard' as I know currently there can be more or less than one relegated depending on movements in other divisions.

The Lowland League, which for many was the first visible symbol of a pyramid in football, and hence an example of how to get promoted through the leagues and into the SPFL, is rapidly becoming a joke now. At times no relegation and two leagues, in the East and West, with many licenced teams good enough to challenge at the very top of the Lowland League with just one promotion spot between them*. Ridiculous.

I imagine the procedure for getting the rules change would involve turkeys and Christmas.

Can't fans of every club in the Lowland League pyramid ask their club to write to the Lowland League campaigning for change? To at least apply pressure. Maybe, a joint signed letter? Obviously they'd be one or two clubs who wouldn't get involved for self-interest...

* I know the South could in theory be promoted

15 minutes ago, stulch said:

So what's the procedure for getting the rules changed so there are two 'standard' relegation slots rather than the current 'standard' one? I use 'standard' as I know currently there can be more or less than one relegated depending on movements in other divisions.

The Lowland League, which for many was the first visible symbol of a pyramid in football, and hence an example of how to get promoted through the leagues and into the SPFL, is rapidly becoming a joke now. At times no relegation and two leagues, in the East and West, with many licenced teams good enough to challenge at the very top of the Lowland League with just one promotion spot between them*. Ridiculous.

I imagine the procedure for getting the rules change would involve turkeys and Christmas.

Can't fans of every club in the Lowland League pyramid ask their club to write to the Lowland League campaigning for change? To at least apply pressure. Maybe, a joint signed letter? Obviously they'd be one or two clubs who wouldn't get involved for self-interest...

* I know the South could in theory be promoted

In theory it requires all the LL Pyramid leagues to agree to a change since they'd have to approve the changes.

In practice it's up to the LL to decide on extra relegation. A motion could be put forward for the 2022 AGM. Think that only requires the support of two clubs for it to go to a vote. If fans lobbied their clubs it could happen, doesn't mean it would have the votes in the room of course.

25 minutes ago, stulch said:

...The Lowland League, which for many was the first visible symbol of a pyramid in football, and hence an example of how to get promoted through the leagues and into the SPFL, is rapidly becoming a joke now...

A cartel of former EoS and SoS clubs plus some previously obscure west coast youth clubs took full advantage of Tom Johnston and co's obstinate stupidity over the pyramid to rig the system in their favour. But for Kelty it could have taken much longer to get where we are now. The cartel are going to have to be dragged screaming one at a time to the exit for several more years. Don't hold your breath on anything sensible happening soon.

In theory it requires all the LL Pyramid leagues to agree to a change since they'd have to approve the changes.
In practice it's up to the LL to decide on extra relegation. A motion could be put forward for the 2022 AGM. Think that only requires the support of two clubs for it to go to a vote. If fans lobbied their clubs it could happen, doesn't mean it would have the votes in the room of course.
Would it be just a majority vote required for the Lowland League clubs or would they need a certain percentage, do we know?

A cartel of former EoS and SoS clubs plus some previously obscure west coast youth clubs took full advantage of Tom Johnston and co's obstinate stupidity over the pyramid to rig the system in their favour. But for Kelty it could have taken much longer to get where we are now. The cartel are going to have to be dragged screaming one at a time to the exit for several more years. Don't hold your breath on anything sensible happening soon.
Oh I know all this and good on them on taking the leap into the unknown...

But as we both know at the very least, time for change was when the West came on board. Licenses were only a matter of time then for the West and the Lowland League shouldn't have used that as an excuse, afterall some licences were going to gained in a matter of months...

8 minutes ago, stulch said:
1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Would it be just a majority vote required for the Lowland League clubs or would they need a certain percentage, do we know?

As far as I'm aware its just a simple majority. That tends to be the case across all the non-league. It's only the SPFL that have their convoluted voting requirements. 

As far as I'm aware its just a simple majority. That tends to be the case across all the non-league. It's only the SPFL that have their convoluted voting requirements. 
Right, who's writing the letter and who's ringing the clubs?! [emoji23]

• 3 months later...

Looking increasingly likely that a licensed team will win the South of Scotland, so we're going to be looking at the unfair scenario where one of the two teams actually capable of being promoted will have home advantage in the only game that's likely to matter.