Motherwell Vs Celtic 8/11

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

It was a weird season that folk seem to have glossed over a bit despite the top 6 finish. There was also the 7-0 at Parkhead live on national television on the last day of the season where we turned up with our suitcases and boarding passes packed and not a single f**k was given by any Motherwell player on the park.

Since the last win at Parkhead it's:

P 16 W 0 D 3 L13 F 9 A 47

giphy.gif

I wasn't bothered about the 7-0. We had done what we could with an away win in Dingwall in the midweek.

And those are a very negative spin on stats. Celtic have only won 2 of the last 5 at Fir Park.

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

It was a weird season that folk seem to have glossed over a bit despite the top 6 finish. There was also the 7-0 at Parkhead live on national television on the last day of the season where we turned up with our suitcases and boarding passes packed and not a single f**k was given by any Motherwell player on the park.

Particularly Luke Watt, from memory.

Had a really good Solero that day. 

You’ve just won me a fiver. I wrote down that you would pounce on this within 10 minutes of me posting it, and so I have to give myself a fiver. Cheers!
Still not over Sunday?

You'll get there, it will take a while but you'll get there.

On 03/11/2020 at 22:36, Desp said:

Remember when we dished out 4 year deals to Luke Watt & Dom Thomas? 

Simpler times. 

Those two are the reason we now panic giving anyone more than 2 years

18 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

In the case of Jake Hastie, we can probably be glad about that.

The foaming at the mouth when Hastie was leaving was a bit odd. After his initial purple patch he didn't really do too much as I think folk had kind of worked him out.

It is also looking like getting the development fee was one of our better business decisions.

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

The foaming at the mouth when Hastie was leaving was a bit odd. After his initial purple patch he didn't really do too much as I think folk had kind of worked him out.

It is also looking like getting the development fee was one of our better business decisions.

Absolutely. Imagine we tied him down that summer, rejected a bid of 500k and then he went on to have this as his second season. I think the only losers out of the Hastie deal, in hindsight, were Rangers and I'm perfectly fine with that. 

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Celtic by 3 or 4 then

Basically this......

Worst result for us tonight I am afraid. 

Celtic are there for the taking but I think they will try sooooooooo much harder to get a result than before. 

I can picture all Well fans excited come 12 noon on Sunday only for the ref to give a soft as f**k penalty within a few minutes. followed by our dreams crumbling. I am a realist and this was bad ju ju for us tonight. 

I hope I am wrong but this will be like Groundhog Day, 

9 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Basically this......

Worst result for us tonight I am afraid. 

Celtic are there for the taking but I think they will try sooooooooo much harder to get a result than before. 

I can picture all Well fans excited come 12 noon on Sunday only for the ref to give a soft as f**k penalty within a few minutes. followed by our dreams crumbling. I am a realist and this was bad ju ju for us tonight. 

I hope I am wrong but this will be like Groundhog Day, 

Correct. We'd little to no chance on Sunday anyway but we've got absolutely none now as the pressure will be cranked up significantly on Celtic and Lennon and we'll get the backlash. That, plus our inferiority complex will ensure an absolute hammering on Sunday afternoon.

5-0 Celtic and we won't even register a shot on goal and as usual we'll shrug it off with the standard "these games don't matter, oor wee team can't compete with the Old Firm" pish.

11 minutes ago, G51 said:

Motherwell probably have the chance to sack a Celtic manager on Sunday.

No we don't mate. Believe me, I'd love to be able to help you in your quest to stop 10IAR but we dont have what it takes both in quality or mentality, plus Celtic will be fired up more than ever after such a heavy loss tonight.