Motherwell Vs Celtic 8/11

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

No we don't mate. Believe me, I'd love to be able to help you in your quest to stop 10IAR but we dont have what it takes both in quality or mentality, plus Celtic will be fired up more than ever after such a heavy loss tonight.

Celtic are a chaos machine. You could lose 5-0, but you could equally win by 3. That's Neil Lennon's Celtic.

I feel like we always play Celtic after they take a pumping in Europe. It's always the worst time to play them as they then take "revenge" on us.

I think we'll lose this by at least 3, regardless of how bad Celtic were tonight. I also think Lennon will make a lot of changes, one of which will be Turnbull who's guaranteed to score.

2 hours ago, MJC said:

No we don't mate. Believe me, I'd love to be able to help you in your quest to stop 10IAR but we dont have what it takes both in quality or mentality, plus Celtic will be fired up more than ever after such a heavy loss tonight.

Where you been MJC?

Very much agree with the opinion that we will suffer a bit of a euro backlash from Celtic and lose this one by a 3 or 4 goal margin, as we all too often do. 

Won't stop me dreaming of (and sticking a couple of quid on) the in-form Tony Watt rifling in a worldy to beat the cnuts. It's got to happen one day. 

Ordinarily if one of the OF had been on the end of a bad result in Europe a few days before I would be fearful for a backlash (After chucking a lead, I'd expect Rangers to put >3 goals into Accies on Sunday).

Celtic appear to be a club in a bit of a meltdown, where last night's result for them wasn't a one off and you'd imagine they'll be a bit mentally vulnerable because of poor results of late. While I'd naturally expect some sort of a reaction from them, if we can weather a bit of an early storm then I'd hope our firing forward line can take advantage of how leaky they are at the back - to put it kindly. 

2-1 home win. Although I wouldn't confidently put money on it, I'm more confident than previous occasions we've faced on Old Firm team.

Edited by BigTamMuller

This probably sounds really naive, but I'd like us to actually have a proper go at Celtic on Sunday.

I think there is a genuine opportunity to get at Celtic's defence and in particular Shane Duffy. His confidence is shattered at the moment, so much so that it wouldn't surprise me if he gets taken out of the firing line. I really hope Devante Cole is fit to start as I think he could give this defence a turid time.

Honestly, I'm a bit fucking fed up of our recent OF form. It really tilts me that lesser teams seem to pull off more results against them than we do.

Praying that this isn't a typical tanking we seem to get post a bad OF european result.

10 hours ago, Luke92 said:

This probably sounds really naive, but I'd like us to actually have a proper go at Celtic on Sunday.

I think there is a genuine opportunity to get at Celtic's defence and in particular Shane Duffy. His confidence is shattered at the moment, so much so that it wouldn't surprise me if he gets taken out of the firing line. I really hope Devante Cole is fit to start as I think he could give this defence a turid time.

Honestly, I'm a bit fucking fed up of our recent OF form. It really tilts me that lesser teams seem to pull off more results against them than we do.

Praying that this isn't a typical tanking we seem to get post a bad OF european result.

What defence?

As a Celtic fan I hope we win, but I also want Lennon sacked, so either a top quality striker like Christie's in the cup or Moi in Lille, or the jammiest deflected/goal keeper f**k up/offside/nothing at all to do with the manager goal in the history of the game.

22 hours ago, Luke92 said:

This is a common frustration and time after time we've sat in etc and invited pressure, which demonstrably doesn't work.

It's  difficult though to be fair, given the gulf.

Even at 2-0 up we've conspired to lose.

Get the feeling a certain Mr Turnbull may turn up tomorrow.

Ccertainly got it in us to get a result and in decent form, but how many times have we felt semi-optimistic.

17 minutes ago, Richie said:

This is a common frustration and time after time we've sat in etc and invited pressure, which demonstrably doesn't work.

I'm not sure that's actually true, at Fir Park at least.

Looking at Robinson's games we fared far better during the Thunderdome era compared to the results we've seen since he's changed the style. Robinson was unbeaten at FP against Rodgers.

29/11/17: Motherwell 1-1 Celtic
18/03/18: Motherwell 0-0 Celtic
05/12/18: Motherwell 1-1 Celtic

Under Lennon though...which coincides with our change of style and being a bit more 'open'.

10/08/19: Motherwell 2-5 Celtic
05/02/20: Motherwell 0-4 Celtic

Just listened to the customary 20 minutes on Celtic current situation On BBC Sportsound and the one time they mentioned Motherwell was when they mentioned the game tomorrow. 

I would love Motherwell to win if only so I can get angry at the post match analysis which will consist of 59 minutes on the crisis at Celtic before they say “ we must not forget about Motherwell...oh that is time up for today...thanks for listening. 

I get the Old Firm are the two biggest sides by some distance, but they really take the proverbial pish with their coverage. Should call it Glasgow Sportsound.  

On 05/11/2020 at 22:18, G51 said:

Celtic are a chaos machine. You could lose 5-0, but you could equally win by 3. That's Neil Lennon's Celtic.

I think what is really eating at Celtic fans is the apparent situation that Lennons team could lose tomorrow  and he would still be manager on Monday morning.