Alloa Athletic vs Dundee

There have been some positives in both of our league games so far but we were ultimately undone by handing out gifts at the back. And ultimately can't be too harsh on the defence given we are missing a lot of experience back there. I don't know if there is any chance of us having players back tonight. If we can tighten up a bit and try and make a bit more of our possession then we are capable of giving Dundee a decent game.

Edited by Waspie

1 minute ago, Waspie said:

If we can tighten up a bit and try and make a bit more of our possession then we are capable of giving Dundee a decent game.

Tbh you just need to stay in it by a goal for 70 mins then we’ll let you play shooty-in for the final 20. 

Charlie Adam to score yet another one man howitzer, then we try and ride that once again all the way to try for an uninspiring win.

Can't remember the last time I cared this little. Partly due to my obsession with that there election across the pond, but also just losing inspiration fast for this team.

Dorrans might be the Covid-infected party. Could well be Ashcroft though, as he's also out.

In other news, who the hell is Wilkie? Has to be a youth player of ours, but I've never heard of him.

Edit: Lee WIlkie's son Jack. Genuinely thought he was with United.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I'm pretty short of optimism heading into this game. We're short on quality up front and unfortunately I just can't see Thomson and Buchanan being good enough forward options for this level.

Having said that I had hoped that the midfield and defence might be strong enough to cover for the lack of firepower, but after the Dunfermline game I'm pretty concerned about the defence too. Obviously when Parry's back that will be a big boost, but after that it's hoping that Andy Graham is still the player he was and that the new guys are capable of stepping up.

Fingers crossed I'll be doing a complete about turn after tonight's game.

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Dorrans might be the Covid-infected party. Could well be Ashcroft though, as he's also out.

In other news, who the hell is Wilkie? Has to be a youth player of ours, but I've never heard of him.

Edit: Lee WIlkie's son Jack. Genuinely thought he was with United.

Aye it’s Lee Wilkie’s son, also a CB. United released him then was with Fairmuir before we picked him up.