Alloa Athletic vs Dundee

2 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Should've seen that out but lots of positives for Alloa. Return of Andy Graham made a massive difference and settled the defence. After a year out and at 37 lots of questions could he return but he slotted back in as if he was never away. The team knocked the ball about well as they had in the last two games and took their chances too. Just disappointing that one stupid goal brought Dundee back into it. Penalty looked dubious but we had dropped too deep by that stage. 

Ultimately dropped points but I think we have plenty to he hopeful about, particularly when you put Parry back in there too (and to be fair to Willison, great save at 3-1). And also despite Dundee's issues, they did bring a bigger threat than either of the sides who have beaten us.

I agree about us dropping too deep. Thomson, who did pretty well tonight, was very isolated by then and I think we suffered by not having quality to bring on in his place or as support. It's still our main area of weakness.

Willison did OK.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That advert for the Hearts documentary...

Surely they haven't taken a 'remarkable survival story' route with it?!

I hope so. A remarkable survival story that ends in defeat and relegation would be beyond funny.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

27 games in a season, not 4.

Yet literally 1 game out of 27 was enough for you to try and dish out the shite tags earlier. Just a shame that the official record once again fails to tally with Ludo's easily triggered blubbering.

A82C2CD1-48C9-41B5-9D28-A9E9CE8E0FD2.jpeg.d3be676db1ccf3317445a35c285ddeed.jpeg

When was it you last finished above shite like Dundee?

Was it before you spunked several thousand pounds a week on two bloated marquee signings to job around your midfield, or was it before either of your two administrations (running total: £22 million and counting) as well?

That you think that Dundee reliably finishing above a provincial club in the second tier is any sort of win for your outfit is a full-blown minter. 

Edited by vikingTON

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Think that will depend heavily on whether Arbroath turn up this season tbh. I'd go for 'probably won't survive' but it's a 40-60 bet or something. If your manager wasn't obsessed with some shan philosophy then it would be about 80-20 though. 

Well, you may be right, but I, and I suspect most Alloa fans, am happy for us to play the way we are under Peter Grant. 

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

Yet literally 1 game out of 27 was enough for you to try and dish out the shite tags earlier. Just a shame that the official record once again fails to tally with Ludo's easily triggered blubbering.

Was it before you spunked several thousand pounds a week on two bloated marquee signings to job around your midfield, or was it before either of your two administrations (running total: £22 million and counting) as well?

That you think that Dundee reliably finishing above a provincial club in the second tier is any sort of win for your outfit is a full-blown minter. 

And I'm the one 'bubbling'.

Get doon.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

And I'm the one 'bubbling'.

Get doon.

Get doon from the promotion playoffs? Well you'll have to do better than a plucky draw against part-time minnows to achieve that.

And then we can move onto examining the already smouldering wreckage of your latest title challenge.

ainsley-harriott-birthday-lorraine-a.jpg.c764bbf957abb54428cdf8b5f8f41081.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

That's cute and all but if you *combined* Alloa and Dundee's points tallies so far then they'd still be beneath 'shite like Morton' in the actual league table. Having played eight games to our three.
Gutted for you then.

Wrong old boy.

24 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

VT is having a bit of a fucking mare here. Ainsley ain't saving him tonight as much as he tries to save McPake from being the one with the biggest minter tonight.

Damning stuff indeed from the chump last seen blubbering on the *checks notes* Stirling Albion thread about the latest limbless wonder of a goalkeeper to end up in the Dundee side this evening. Probably best that you just put this humiliation down to experience and sit it out for a while. Yet again. 

ribery.gif.f72c25fe20b3dda7b063c9745e00b86a.gif

Edited by vikingTON

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

Damning stuff indeed from the chump last seen blubbering on the *checks notes* Stirling Albion thread about the latest limbless wonder of a goalkeeper to end up in the Dundee side this evening. Probably best that you just put this humiliation down to experience and sit it out for a while. Yet again. 

ribery.gif.f72c25fe20b3dda7b063c9745e00b86a.gif

Ooft. 

Mare indeed.