Sean Connery dies at 90

Bairnardo

Just now, DA Baracus said:

A fantastic film. His attempt at an Irish is great entertainment.

It really is fantastic. Absolute fucking nonsense in the best way. I think I'll watch it tonight.

What film did he play a Spanish character in?

Highlander

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So man makes millions upon millions and decides to move to live in year round good weather and that makes him a bad man? Calm down ffs. 

The opinion that you have to live in the same country you were born in forever or else you can't claim to like/love it is up there with the most moronic opinions going.

A fantastic film. His attempt at an Irish is great entertainment.

It really is fantastic. Absolute fucking nonsense in the best way. I think I'll watch it tonight.

What film did he play a Spanish character in?

Genuinely the Untouchables  is one of my favourite movies. I cried the first time I saw it at his last scene. 

You've fallen right in to my trap.

Ramirez was Egyptian. He just served under a Spanish king for a bit.

McLeod makes this same mistake and is telt by Ramirez.

MacLeod*

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Genuinely the Untouchables  is one of my favourite movies. I cried the first time I saw it at his last scene. 

It's a great film, and not in the same way as The Rock. 

Haven't seen it in many years, so may have to give it a viewing soon.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The opinion that you have to live in the same country you were born in forever or else you can't claim to like/love it is up there with the most moronic opinions going.

Yep completely agree, Connery worked in an industry that meant he had to move away from Scotland, that said he started a trust for young Scottish artists to get a start in the arts and contributed something back. He supported his country quite passionately and did all he could to talk it up and promote it. 
He wanted to retire and live in year round good weather so he could indulge in his golfing etc and fair play to him he had the money to do it so did. I didnt like his views on women, but no person (with few exceptions) is either binary good or bad, he wasn’t without fault, but his love for his country isn’t something that could have been questioned. 

There must be a few P&Bers who have Sean Connery tales:

I was working at the Scottish Parliament when he came to visit so I got a shufty at the great man. Very tall chap.

A workmate's pal saw him at Turnhouse Airport. He asked "Are you Sean Connery?" and got the reply "Yesh, now f*ck off!"

Another pal worked in a second hand camera shop when Neil Connery, Sean's brother, came in with a combined radio and camera. It was like something Q had come up with.

11 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So man makes millions upon millions and decides to move to live in year round good weather and that makes him a bad man? Calm down ffs. 

I'd do exactly the same, I just wouldn't portray myself as some sort of patriotic role model and pass opinion on my ex-country's politics.

I probably wouldn't batter my wife either.