Games Off Sat 31st Oct

1 minute ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

With games being moved from some home grounds to random astros, how does that work when the home ground has to be COVID compliant? 

I would imagine the ground they switch to would have to have protocols in place. Like Rutherglen  switching to Largs

2 minutes ago, Jimmy1 said:

I would imagine the ground they switch to would have to have protocols in place. Like Rutherglen  switching to Largs

Maybole have moved to Cambusdoon in Alloway, so il be surprised if they have procedures in place, hence why i said random astros and not just switching the game to the away teams ground who will have procedures in place 

Edited by Kenny*******Powers
Add content

28 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Maybole have moved to Cambusdoon in Alloway, so il be surprised if they have procedures in place, hence why i said random astros and not just switching the game to the away teams ground who will have procedures in place 

With no crowds and no changing rooms being accessed, i'm not sure there would be much required. Also wouldn't these type of facilities be used by clubs for training and have procedures in place that would meet the requirements of hosting a BCD game?

EDIT: Maybole hosted at least one friendly at Cambusdoon Alloway.

Bellshill used the Sir Matt Busby Sports Complex before

Newmains are using the Wishaw Sports Centre. Couldn't find a previous use by them this season, but some amateurs have used it under COVID rules.

Glasgow University use Garscube for training, friendlies and 2nd XIs so would meet the protocols as well.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

47 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Yeah,sorry I see what you mean now. 

32 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

With no crowds and no changing rooms being accessed, i'm not sure there would be much required. Also wouldn't these type of facilities be used by clubs for training and have procedures in place that would meet the requirements of hosting a BCD game?

Bellshill used the Sir Matt Busby Sports Complex before

Newmains are using the Wishaw Sports Centre. Couldn't find a previous use by them this season, but some amateurs have used it under COVID rules.

Glasgow University use Garscube for training, friendlies and 2nd XIs so would meet the protocols as well.

I just find it absurd that so called professional teams can play at any old astro when apparently there was ground criteria to join the WoS. 
In the desperation to play and prove a point it looks like they will play anywhere just to get a game on. 

6 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

I just find it absurd that so called professional teams can play at any old astro when apparently there was ground criteria to join the WoS. 
In the desperation to play and prove a point it looks like they will play anywhere just to get a game on. 

Or you could just congratulate both teams for finding a way to play there fixture nothing unprofessional about that 

17 minutes ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

If so called professional teams can play at these venues, then why aren’t amateurs? 

That's a government issue nothing to do with the WOSFL nothing wrong with teams using these venues to get games played while were under current guidelines playing without fans 

Where i agree with all your points it also makes an even bigger mockery of the fact that amatuer clubs are not allows to play. They have both already played to the same protocols as each other and now they are using the same facilities. Absolute zero logic

[/url] Bellshill used the Sir Matt Busby Sports Complex before

8 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

Where i agree with all your points it also makes an even bigger mockery of the fact that amatuer clubs are not allows to play. They have both already played to the same protocols as each other and now they are using the same facilities. Absolute zero logic

I don't think the SG envisioned this when putting in the exemptions at the SFA's request and probably aren't even aware it's happening. The other consideration is scale with there being a lot more amateurs.