Stranraer vs Qp

Frustrating one for the Blues. Thought the game was pretty even overall, but we controlled the middle section and had a few cracking chances. Peter Grant was outstanding and kept Spiders in at when we were on top. 

Kieran Millar looks like being my favourite player this season!

Was a hard watch but absolutely buzzin to get 3 points. Thought the subs made a big difference, adding a lot more energy and directness to our play. Peter Grant is an absolute rock at the back, won every header and his positional sense was first class. Special mention to Willie Muir who continues to make very  important saves at critical moments and it’s resulted in us having 3 clean sheets in the league already. Happy days 

Sluggish at times again but delighted with the result. Peter Grant and Tommy Robson once again the standouts along with Muir

Slater is definitely an upgrade on Ross Lyon and he seems to have come through unscathed in terms of injury which is great.

Bob Mchugh really needs to start offering a lot more to even have a chance of keeping his place in the team. Very disappointing once again from him all round. I’d go with Quitongo from the start next week and with Simon Murray ready to come in soon........

Edited by Spider Rico

Really important 3 points. Being able to take points out of a poor performance really is a key thing. Wind obviously made conditions difficult, but we're clearly so much better with the ball at our feet, rather than lumped up into the air. Having watched both the Rovers and Stranraer game though, i'm yet to have seen Bob McHugh do anything of note, but hopefully improvement will come.

3 clean sheets from 3, long may that continue.

2 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Sluggish at times again but delighted with the result. Peter Grant and Tommy Robson once again the standouts.

Slater is definitely an upgrade on Ross Lyon and he seems to have come through unscathed in terms of injury which is great.

Bob Mchugh really needs to start offering a lot more to even have a chance of keeping his place in the team. Very disappointing once again from him all round. I’d go with Quitongo from the start next week and with Simon Murray ready to come in soon........

I’m really confused with McHugh. The guy has a really decent reputation at championship level and got double figures in goals last season yet he’s not looked even close to scoring in any game in league 2. There must be a player somewhere just yet to see it 

Was always going to be a slog in those conditions. Seven points in three games, conceded no goals and we've not sparked yet. Psychologically, it's great to dig a result out in those circumstances and go top. Our mentality should now be "this is our spot and nobody is taking it off us."

Getting these results is almost more important than the pretty football. If we play well in games, we should win them with the quality we have. What you get out of games you don't play well in shows what you're really made of when you're challenging near the top. Not a feast for the eyes, but absolutely delighted with the outcome. 

Massive three points. Absolutely delighted. Congratulations to both teams for their display in this weather. Sadly, I think McHugh has played his way onto the bench for the foreseeable future and when Murray and McGlinchey are at full fitness we will be away. Grant and Muir were stars and their contribution must be noted as important as McLean's goal. This was the sign of a successful team grinding out a win whilst not firing on all cylinders.

Mchugh, Murray, Mcglinchy, I’m maybe wrong but lost count of the number of players from a higher level who come down to Div 2, and never live up to expectations. Over hyped thinking it’s going to be easy, not getting the same time on the ball, not grafting enough? League is littered with these players.

Mchugh, Murray, Mcglinchy, I’m maybe wrong but lost count of the number of players from a higher level who come down to Div 2, and never live up to expectations. Over hyped thinking it’s going to be easy, not getting the same time on the ball, not grafting enough? League is littered with these players.

Murray and Mcglinchey are yet to play.

27 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

One thing that could not be levelled at us today was a lack of graft. It was a battle and we ground it out. 

I’d like to throw Grant Gillespie’s name into the hat for MotM. He’s been good value in all games so far and thought he was the playmaker for us today. Nice passer, good vision, comfy in tight spaces and strong in the tackle. Covers a lot of ground too.  Well done to McLean for making something from nothing. Slater’s shot before that was enough to make the keeper spill it into a dangerous area.

Naughty step; McHugh had a rasper of a shot last week but that’s been about it. His partner Baynham was too far wide-right today. Maybe more of a poacher than a hunter. Doyle is the other one I have marked down at the moment.

It was like watching the game from a Waltzer but I enjoyed the commentary. Very fair and co-ordinated and the main man knew all the names of our players. Unlike me.

A final mention to the committee, sorry Directors, in the stand who with good spirit dressed up like extras from The Purge. Happy Halloween!

Absolutely buzzin with 3 points and the view from top of the table is nice. However, we’ll need to improve so much if we want to compete all season. I can see a horrible trend of wins at Hampden and horrible displays away from home. It’s still early but we’ll see. 

Robson has shown a lot more at fullback than Doyle. Grant looked solid today but I don’t have full confidence in Kilday yet. Gillespie has looked very good in every game. 

What a save from Muir to deny Orr. Seriously top goalkeeping. 

Overall, I don’t have too much praise because the game was quite flat. I’m worried this will be the way away from home. Need a lot more urgency and bite to start winning convincingly.

Before our goal I had my post written out about sacking the manager, the players and a full on hate speech for the committee. I’ll wait to slaver pish until we don’t win. 🤪 

Happy Halloween and top of the table day. We shaaaaal not be moved.... 👏🎶