Stranraer vs Qp

I've heard a few comments that suggest we have a thin squad. I'm a bit puzzled by that as I'm liking what McKinnon has done to create quality competition in every position. Yes McHugh has been quiet but that's the way with strikers, he will come good, but it might take a fight for his starting position. We could have a bench which includes McHugh, Longridge, Lyon, MacLean, Quitongo, Paterson, Bell. That's not squad players in League 2.

2 hours ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Much better 2nd half able to play a bit more football into the wind
Sucker punch goal according to blinkered Co commentator emoji28.png but to be fair main commentator was a bit more balanced emoji106.png

I thought the commentary was quite good mate. The streaming service was awful. They should be charging £2.99 max.

2 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

I've heard a few comments that suggest we have a thin squad. I'm a bit puzzled by that as I'm liking what McKinnon has done to create quality competition in every position. Yes McHugh has been quiet but that's the way with strikers, he will come good, but it might take a fight for his starting position. We could have a bench which includes McHugh, Longridge, Lyon, MacLean, Quitongo, Paterson, Bell. That's not squad players in League 2.

I agree. There’s no excuses if we don’t win this league imo. Can’t moan about depth after chucking loads of players too! 

Edited by QPSpider1867

Hard graft won the day. We started off like an express train but Stranraer weathered it for 30 minutes and started to look useful. Strangely, they started wasting time at their own free kicks etc with half an hour to go when they were the better side.

Another shut out with Muir doing the business again. Slater my MoM; never stopped buzzing and he linked up well with Gillespie. Galt with another couple of sublime touches and he worked well with Robson.

Overall, maybe a wee bit disappointing but Stranraer were in our faces from the off and made it very, very difficult for us.

Three points, shut out, top of the league - let's not be too churlish.

1 hour ago, NathanQP said:

Murray and Mcglinchey are yet to play.

I appreciate that and I am generalising. They have been hyped up, will they live up to expectations? Why are they at QP? Money ? Is that a sufficient motivation? I only ask, as I previously said the Leagues are littered with said players.

7 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

They have been hyped up, will they live up to expectations?

Why are they at QP? Money ?

Is that a sufficient motivation?

1. It is normal to generate excitement among fans with new signings. That's what you're supposed to do. You don't sign someone and tell the fans they're shite.

2. Because it's the best deal they could get for themselves, which is the reason most people take a job.

3. We'll soon find out, but the players looked well up for the battle today.

Agree the main commentator was excellent and knowledgeable I just found his sidekick a bit biased but probably just a bit of over enthusiasm [emoji106] something we're just going to have to get used to
Hope the Elgin stream is better quality also assume there'll be some home fans in attendance nxt Sat?

So d spoiled the game but, didn’t think there was much between the two teams.  
great chance for Stranraer at the end of the first, other than the we failed to create anything clear cut. Looked organised at the back and Miller was really good in the middle.  

For the payers they have Queens Park didn’t do much for me although, fully aware had not been so windy they probably would of hammered us. 

1 hour ago, Mattmc said:

So d spoiled the game but, didn’t think there was much between the two teams.  
great chance for Stranraer at the end of the first, other than the we failed to create anything clear cut. Looked organised at the back and Miller was really good in the middle.  

For the payers they have Queens Park didn’t do much for me although, fully aware had not been so windy they probably would of hammered us. 

Didn’t think during the game that either team made many chances but the stats say different.  Only seen 4 teams in the league so far but I’d say you’ve enough there for a run at the play-offs, promotion that is. As for us, the club’s still out shopping but. With a full-time squad working and learning together and a good medical/physio set-up and a short season, promotion is the aim with a flag on top the ambition. 

16 hours ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Thin by previous years perhaps but things have changed. Due to the amateur contract closing date there was a very short window and we grabbed what we could and then kept adding until as late as September. With the extended summer plus professional contracts beyond May quality over volume is the order of the day. McKinnon might still have a couple of targets but I’d say we’re in good shape for a short season in this league.