ICT v Arbroath

We are creating so little of note. No one seems to be able to pick a pass in the final third or create a bit of separation from their marker to get a decent cross in. Everything seems to be a high or dinked ball towards Todorov who isn't really holding it up well at all. 

I don’t think the conditions are helping. Looks like we have had the wind at our back the first half.

14 minutes ago, Mexico said:

I think with the benefit of hindsight this is now correct but not a single club would’ve been signing up for a full season behind closed doors, the worst case scenario at the start of the season was really mooted no fans until about October.

“Non elite” football in England is allowed crowds of up to 600 in, which for us is what we were probably aiming for.

Even with the rise in cases, 600 in most Scottish grounds especially below the premiership isn’t really risky at all.

I totally get what you're saying, but what did we sign up for? There were never any guarantees of fans being allowed back, there was always going to be a second wave and further restrictions issues over the winter period (again, this hasn't even begin to hit yet). Obviously no point in getting into the bigger discussion on it, but if you look across europe etc. it's clear what's to come in this country also, and it has been for months, way before this shitshow started.

We went ahead with this in hope that things would change around, our government would have a real change in approach and that a second wave wouldn't happen/ was exaggerated. All of this was just blind faith/ hope that it'd all work out okay...... I just don't think hindsight was needed on this..... common sense was.

Ultimately IMO clubs are paying out 100% of wages with 20% of their income (at best in some cases), in order to provide the product we're seeing today/ saw against Montrose etc. This was decided as a better thing to do than clubs payout out 80%/ 67% of their wages (furlough scheme and continuation of that) and having 10%ish income. We've decided it's worth all clubs losing thousands of pounds a week more than they needed to in order to provide fans with a service that just annoys/ takes the piss out of the people paying to watch it.

An awful, awful choice which infuriates the majority of fans at this level and financially fucks the clubs.

I make no apologies for going on and on about this every week - it's a fucking joke and pisses me off to no end.

If Gardiner comes out and says 'it wasn't that bad' again after this, someone should punt him off the Kessock Bridge.

Pretty shite from ICT - far too many long balls from the back, with Brad McKay as usual the worst offender, defence was looking all over the place for several minutes before Arbroath (allegedly) scored, they've sat in and defended really well since then, and on the rare occasion we've got close enough to put in a final ball, it's been piss poor. Probably not much on the bench that can make a difference if Keatings looks as uninterested as he did last week, but it would be nice to see Doran get 20 minutes.  

25 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

The thing is you don't even need someone to point the camera as it films the whole pitch constantly, all you need is manual control of the feed to display the area you want remotely which anyone with even a tiny bit of skill could do.

The clubs cant, at least not at the moment. Alloa are getting the manual control system. As ICT have signed up for the SPFL platform they might not be allowed

15 minutes ago, alternative maryhill said:

If Gardiner comes out and says 'it wasn't that bad' again after this, someone should punt him off the Kessock Bridge.

This should also be the case if this camera is called “state of the art” again.

Scoring so early in the half was probably crucial there, but a much improved performance after that - got the ball down, pressed better, used it much more effectively. Kai Kennedy is looking like a decent signing, as is Scott Allardice.  

Very encouraging to come from a goal down to score 3 in the second half. Much better play in the second 45 minutes with Kennedy, Harper and Mackay all getting in good positions out and trying to stretch the Arbroath defence. Better use of Toddy having him try and play more towards goal, on the shoulder of the last defender, rather than with his back to goal trying to bring down high balls.

The Pixellot system still needs canned pronto.

Edited by RiG

Excellent second half performance.  The Pixellot system still needs binned though - to miss two of the four goals is unacceptable.  Of course though the CEO says it looks fantastic and not as bad as the fans make out so I guess we're wrong...

Totally will never criticize the Gaffer as what he has done for this club is unbelievable and long may it continue but i am not a fan of mass changes every week in the team or a quick fire 3 subs scenario, i would have started with a strong XI today with bringing on youth with pace in the 2nd half if required, so my starting XI would have been :-

Gaston

Thomson TOB Little Hammy

Linn McKenna Miko Craigen (not sure why he was not even in the squad today?) Hilson

Doolan

Then you would have pace in Ruth and Smith to come on or class/goal threat in Swanks and Stewart or Donnelly or Whats to shore up a lead.

This season will be harder than last season as we are not the "surprise" package now so AFC fans have to get a reality check as apart from Alloa we are up against full-time teams every week.

C'MON the Red Lichties 36-0.

A tough start to the season. After a very decent first half, we were probably soundly beaten - looked very windy and we had the worst of the conditions in the second half? No excuses, thought Linn was good and Doolan is a good signing. I like Ruth and Smith and hopefully see more of them.

Next week is a huge game. We really need to try and win that, with the 27 games, we're already looking at must wins etc. We're no longer the surprise package of the league, but there's a few teams that we could/should be able to challenge with to stay up .

A funny old start. A really shite start ; followed by a brilliant peformance against Hertz and now a bit of a mix between the Hearts and Raith performances. Think we'll do well at home though.

I hope to god next week's stream is better than that SPFL effort. Fair dues to them for trying something, but camera was shite, sound terrible and I missed the first goal.

2 minutes ago, Kejan said:

A tough start to the season. After a very decent first half, we were probably soundly beaten - looked very windy and we had the worst of the conditions in the second half? No excuses, thought Linn was good and Doolan is a good signing. I like Ruth and Smith and hopefully see more of them.

Next week is a huge game. We really need to try and win that, with the 27 games, we're already looking at must wins etc. We're no longer the surprise package of the league, but there's a few teams that we could/should be able to challenge with to stay up .

A funny old start. A really shite start ; followed by a brilliant peformance against Hertz and now a bit of a mix between the Hearts and Raith performances. Think we'll do well at home though.

I hope to god next week's stream is better than that SPFL effort. Fair dues to them for trying something, but camera was shite, sound terrible and I missed the first goal.

I thought you were a The Caley fan. There must be a poster with a similar username.