ICT v Arbroath

No match thread no? Or am I just not seeing it. 

Fixtures not really getting easier. Another tough one, why the Raith performance on day one was such a sore one to take. However we done well against Inverness last season. 

I think we are missing a guy like Bobby at his best in the side, Wighton come in last season and gave us that bit of magic and creativity. Two young lads Ruth and Smith have shown flashes. Ruth was excellent v Hearts. I think we always need one of these 2 playing or Bobby to do well going forward. 

for me

Gaston

JT. Little. ToB. Hammy.

Ruth. Virtanen. Swankie. McKenna. Hilson. 

Doolan. 

Thought everyone done well last week so wouldn’t change it too much. Smith, LD and Linn good options from bench.

Decent record against Caley last season. 2 wins and would have been 1 draw of DJ didn’t chuck one in late on. TOB in for Craigan would be my only change. Hopefully Scott Stewart can at least make the bench. No reason we can’t come away with the win here.

A tenner to watch seems reasonable, just hope their are no bald linesman this week

Like a few other teams we have been hit heavily with experienced player's injuries which has resulted in us fielding a very young team in the main, they have though performed well and it bodes well for our future.

I am hoping that this week will see the return of a couple of older more experienced players but so far I haven't heard any rumours to that effect.

I'll opt for a wee Caley win.

Gaston

Thomson TOB Little Hammy

Ruth McKenna Gold Miko Hilson

Doolan

Great options on the bench too with Bobby Swankie Smith & Donnelly if we are needing a goal and the likes of Craigen & Whatley if we need to re energise the middle of the park and give extra protection to the defence if we have a lead to defend, Great record against Caley last year and Imo got a stronger and better team this year so could do really well again here. Mon the Lichties 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Starting to feel like simon a bit, I have absolutely no buzz for this game at all, pure and simply because i cant attend and there is no light at the end of the tunnel for when we can get back to games. Brutal state of affairs.

Anyway, would take a draw and get a point on the board.

10 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Starting to feel like simon a bit, I have absolutely no buzz for this game at all, pure and simply because i cant attend and there is no light at the end of the tunnel for when we can get back to games. Brutal state of affairs.

Anyway, would take a draw and get a point on the board.

I'm just speaking to another fan about this, 8AM on game day, Inverness away..... couldn't really give a f**k :( That's coming from two people who a few years ago were 50% of our support down at Stranraer on a Tuesday night..... someone else I know who went to all our away games last year hasn't watched a single stream this season..... it's technically football, but with the soul absolutely ripped out of it.

As I've pointed out before, I think a lot of our hardcore support who travel home and away every week will feel similar (same at other clubs of course) meaning Scottish football/ all lower league clubs are just pissing money away every month to put on a show that a minority get enjoyment from and the majority who are there every week struggle to get anything out of.

There's also the longer term effects to look at..... we all get excited for that first competitive game of the season after the summer when there hasn't been games, but this is very different. We're going to get to a point where fans are allowed back in (6 months ish yet to properly happen I expect) and football has been going on for that time.  I worry a lot of people will care a lot less about going back to football when it's never really been away, as opposed to that feeling of coming back to it after the usual pre season off.

I'm just speaking to another fan about this, 8AM on game day, Inverness away..... couldn't really give a f**k [emoji20] That's coming from two people who a few years ago were 50% of our support down at Stranraer on a Tuesday night..... someone else I know who went to all our away games last year hasn't watched a single stream this season..... it's technically football, but with the soul absolutely ripped out of it.
As I've pointed out before, I think a lot of our hardcore support who travel home and away every week will feel similar (same at other clubs of course) meaning Scottish football/ all lower league clubs are just pissing money away every month to put on a show that a minority get enjoyment from and the majority who are there every week struggle to get anything out of.
There's also the longer term effects to look at..... we all get excited for that first competitive game of the season after the summer when there hasn't been games, but this is very different. We're going to get to a point where fans are allowed back in (6 months ish yet to properly happen I expect) and football has been going on for that time.  I worry a lot of people will care a lot less about going back to football when it's never really been away, as opposed to that feeling of coming back to it after the usual pre season off.

I’m more excited about taking my kids around a few pals doors guising tonight than today’s game mate

31 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Weather down this way is pretty horrific and I don’t think the game would have survived if this fixture was at Gayfield. What’s it like up north? Any chance of a postponement?

Been raining overnight but it seems to to be ok. Reckon it'll be fine.