Cowdenbeath -vs- Stenhousemuir

Draw was the fair result. Two errors leading to goals outwith that both teams created nothing in the conditions.

Credit to both sets of players for battling away in those conditions.

Comms was easily the best I've heard yet and the camera always followed the ball which is a bonus. Well done to all involved.

I missed both goals because I was looking at my phone, and then my wheelie bin blew over.

A draw was probably a fair result on the balance of play. It was a dreadful game of football and I never want to talk about it again.

Cowdenbeath's YouTube coverage was a mixed bag - the commentary was excellent, but the camerawork was poor and I felt a bit ill during the first half.

Draw was definitely the fair result in the circumstances. Second week in a row a keeper error has cost his team, at least this week we were the beneficiaries. Speaking of goalies I thought our new keeper looked very safe, particularly under high balls (a week too late for us). And Yeats at full back looks a really good prospect. Muir still to convince.

3 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Cowdenbeath's YouTube coverage was a mixed bag - the commentary was excellent, but the camerawork was poor and I felt a bit ill during the first half.

That's how I feel when I see your smug celebrity dish pop up on the TV.  

4 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I missed both goals because I was looking at my phone, and then my wheelie bin blew over.

A draw was probably a fair result on the balance of play. It was a dreadful game of football and I never want to talk about it again.

I thought there was contact. Definite penalty.

As most have said a draw was a fair result in a game ruined by the weather. Two mistakes - two goals. Well done to the Cowden crew for pics and commentary.

Still to see why Irons prefers Muir to McGuigan. Where was Hopkins today?

Edinburgh City next week will be an interesting one.

Edited by Elric

18 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

For goodness sake. You got it for nothing and it was a first attempt. Bet you are real fun at partys.

1 minute ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

For goodness sake. You got it for nothing and it was a first attempt. Bet you are real fun at partys.

I presume you were the cameraman and that's why you've taken this all to heart, but I'm not sure what wider point you're attempting to make here.

Just because the service was free and it was a first attempt, it doesn't mean it is above criticism! The camera needed to be much wider to show more of the action - it was too tight and jerked around a lot to follow the ball, making it difficult to watch. It did get better as the game went on, right enough, and it followed the action more smoothly. I'm sure it will get better as the season progresses.

The commentary, as mentioned, was very good - it was well-informed and mindful that other supporters would be tuning in. It is night and day compared to the horror show of Falkirk TV, for instance.

4 hours ago, Elric said:

As most have said a draw was a fair result in a game ruined by the weather. Two mistakes - two goals. Well done to the Cowden crew for pics and commentary.

Still to see why Irons prefers Muir to McGuigan. Where was Hopkins today?

Edinburgh City next week will be an interesting one.

Hopkirk is injured 

The coverage was decent. For the most part the camera followed the ball and even had a zoom button. And while partisan commentators don'the irk me as much as it does others, the commentary was fair and balanced. In fact it was a much more comfortable way to watch a game at Cowdenbeath than actually being in attendance. 

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I presume you were the cameraman and that's why you've taken this all to heart, but I'm not sure what wider point you're attempting to make here.

Just because the service was free and it was a first attempt, it doesn't mean it is above criticism! The camera needed to be much wider to show more of the action - it was too tight and jerked around a lot to follow the ball, making it difficult to watch. It did get better as the game went on, right enough, and it followed the action more smoothly. I'm sure it will get better as the season progresses.

The commentary, as mentioned, was very good - it was well-informed and mindful that other supporters would be tuning in. It is night and day compared to the horror show of Falkirk TV, for instance.

I wasn’t the cameraman but I know how difficult it is filming a game.If that’s the worst we get I’ll be well pleased. Didn’t think we would get any football to watch this season.

1 hour ago, beaver1 said:

The coverage was decent. For the most part the camera followed the ball and even had a zoom button. And while partisan commentators don'the irk me as much as it does others, the commentary was fair and balanced. In fact it was a much more comfortable way to watch a game at Cowdenbeath than actually being in attendance. 

Ditto, I’m looking forward to watching the return game at Ochilview without the need to listen to screaming, shrieking brats.

And the kids aren’t much better 😉

Takes time getting used to filming football games, I struggled at first and still do on occasion. I believe the feedback was constructive so there was no need to say that he shouldn't be complaining because it was free...  

1 hour ago, CEMSFC said:

Takes time getting used to filming football games, I struggled at first and still do on occasion. I believe the feedback was constructive so there was no need to say that he shouldn't be complaining because it was free...  

Well he could have paid £9.99 and be shown a lot of dross. THEN there would have been grounds for a moan.