Cowdenbeath -vs- Stenhousemuir

This should be an engaging encounter against two teams who'll fancy their chances of a top-four finish this term. In their two league matches so far, Cowden have lost the game they were expected to win and won the game they were expected to lose, so I really don't know what we'll get from them on Saturday. Stenny, meanwhile, turned in a very good second-half performance against Stirling Albion last weekend and if they can build on that, I think we've got a decent chance of winning the contest.

I wouldn't make too many changes from the game against the Binos. Botti Biabi has to start - you could see how big a difference he made to the team after his introduction last weekend - and I'd like to see Mark McGuigan come in for Tommy Muir. It might be worth evaluating Paul Brown's place in the starting XI as the whole thing seemed to pass him by. Is Graeme Smith fit enough to start?

- Botti Biabi - Mark McGuigan - Greig Spence -

- Jack Hodge - Callum Tapping - Ryan Blair -

- Callum Yeats - Creag Little - Andy Munro - Jonathan Tiffoney - 

- Graeme Smith -

Don't see why we can't win this, but I reckon Cowden will be eyeing us up and thinking the same thing.

Presume this is at Central Park? And what is happening about streaming?

Hope Smith is fit for Saturday but it did look like he landed awkwardly on his knee last week. The young goalie looks quite shaky, unless he is facing penalties.

And I suspect McGuigan will start on the bench. Muir and Spence are obviously Irons preferred pairing. Anyone know why McGuigan isn’t wearing no 9? Shirt not fit him?

13 hours ago, onecowden said:

Streaming available on YouTube free of charge. Good effort I say.

Fantastic effort.

12 hours ago, beaver1 said:

See we have take a goalie on loan from Hibs. Smith out for a couple of months at least.

Let's hope he is decent as Smith being out for that period of time will cost us big time if this keeper isn't up to scratch. Erskine done well with the penalty saves at Edinburgh but Saturday exposed his frailties that would cost us on a regular basis.

I would have a similar team to Telfer but Hopkirk instead of Hodge. McGuigan surely deserves a chance ahead of Muir and Stevie Wonder can see that Biabi must start. I'm not a fan of shoe horning players in but he will need to play from the left.

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

I would have a similar team to Telfer but Hopkirk instead of Hodge. McGuigan surely deserves a chance ahead of Muir and Stevie Wonder can see that Biabi must start. I'm not a fan of shoe horning players in but he will need to play from the left.

I noticed on Saturday that we changed from a 4-3-3 to a 4-2-4 when Biabi came on, with Biabi playing on the left wing and Hopkirk playing on the right. It might be a bit reckless to start a game in such an attacking formation but it might be worth considering given how well it worked against Stirling.

8 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I noticed on Saturday that we changed from a 4-3-3 to a 4-2-4 when Biabi came on, with Biabi playing on the left wing and Hopkirk playing on the right. It might be a bit reckless to start a game in such an attacking formation but it might be worth considering given how well it worked against Stirling.

I wouldn't get caught up in the semantics of calling it a 4-2-4 or 4-4-2 but essentially Hoppy and Botti wide is surely the way we go in our strongest line up.

As I alluded to on another thread our real lack of a wide left player isn't ideal but the above looks about the best solution at this time.

56 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

In depth 😂

Agreed that probably shouldn't have worded it like that in this thread, the focus is on 3 games each week in each division and this was not one of them - was just touched on. Apologies, if you look at last weeks episode / week before we go into depth about Cowden and their squad depth etc and generally praise them most episodes! Apologies again

Fairly impressed with the stream. Bit jumpy, as the camera isn’t of high enough quality to travel with a moving ball but can’t expect much more. So well done for that.

We play some nice stuff until the ball gets to Robbie. Everything breaking down at him.

Keep it on the deck 2nd half and we will create.