The Ambient Thread

Jimi Shandrix

• 3 weeks later...

Warrington-Runcorn New Town Development Plan are just away to release their second album of 2021. From what I've heard, it sounds perfectly nice, but not a patch on the first one, "Interim Report, March 1979". The first two pressings of it sold out pretty sharpish but fear not, a third pressing will be released on 20th September. Don't delay.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Feeling shite on a Sunday afternoon and have fired this incredible body of work on.

Ah, that takes me back to my record shop days. I haven't listened to this for a long time. I'm going to dig this one out too. Beautiful album.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Nate Scheible's 2017 cassette only release "Fairfax" has finally been given a vinyl release. Mine turned up this morning. The music is all woozy vibraphones and hazy sax and electronics with spoken word parts lifted from a cassette love letter found in a North Virginia charity shop. I cannot begin to describe how beautiful this record is. One of these rare albums that when it's over you lift the needle, turn it over and start again.

Really enjoying the output of Archives Records who are based in Valencia.  They released "Voicemail" by Robert Farrugia last year which I loved but I think they've topped it with their latest release.  It's by the label boss, Agustin Mena, who goes by the name Warmth and it's called "Pale Sun". 

On 09/03/2022 at 12:05, Jimi Shandrix said:

Nate Scheible's 2017 cassette only release "Fairfax" has finally been given a vinyl release. Mine turned up this morning. The music is all woozy vibraphones and hazy sax and electronics with spoken word parts lifted from a cassette love letter found in a North Virginia charity shop. I cannot begin to describe how beautiful this record is. One of these rare albums that when it's over you lift the needle, turn it over and start again.

This is some good stuff.

• 2 weeks later...