The Ambient Thread

Jimi Shandrix

14 hours ago, picklish said:

Nice wee cover of Aphex Twin

There's another cover of this on you tube where a guy does it on pedal steel guitar. It's just a stunning piece of music. You could probably play it on kazoo and it would still sound fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Masters of the genre Loscil have a new album out called "Clara".  It's super

Singular - Loscil is Scott Morgan, and a top bloke he is too. But I'd agree the new record is a belter, has an Endless Falls quality about it. Mind you, he pretty much can't put a foot wrong for me.

My favourite discovery over the last year or so has probably been Craven Faults:

Edited by funky_nomad

39 minutes ago, funky_nomad said:

Singular - Loscil is Scott Morgan, and a top bloke he is too. But I'd agree the new record is a belter, has an Endless Falls quality about it. Mind you, he pretty much can't put a foot wrong for me.

My favourite discovery over the last year or so has probably been Craven Faults:

"Submers" was the album that turned me on to Loscil a couple of years back. Absolutely fantastic. Don't know "Endless Falls". I'll give it a listen. 

Just now, Jimi Shandrix said:

"Submers" was the album that turned me on to Loscil a couple of years back. Absolutely fantastic. Don't know "Endless Falls". I'll give it a listen. 

Ooooh, you're in for a treat 😊 Estuarine may well be his finest 8+ minutes...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Zake and Marine Eyes have just released this split album. Both new names to me. Picked a copy up the other day from Juno. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow. The Zake side in particular is very good.