Livi v Well

So there we go...it's apparently the same squad as last week plus one Academy player filling in for Crawford on the bench.

Robinson said: "We have the same squad to pick from as we had on Saturday, but we might have one of the younger boys on the bench - Robbie Crawford won't be available with the loan agreement from Livingston, so another young boy will be on the bench.

"I just look on it as an opportunity for those young kids, we're a club that gives them opportunities.

"We've got Max Johnston on the bench, who I believe is going to be a top, top footballer. He's 16 years of age, and you never know, he might get his debut tomorrow."

Robinson added: "It's a really unfortunate time for us [with injuries], and it's unfortunate for the players who have been injured, but the young boys get chances.

"I think I'll have eight Academy boys involved on Saturday who have either started or been on the bench, so other people get opportunities and that's what we are all about as a football club."

Link

Eight Academy boys: Campbell, Maguire, Hastie, Cornelius, Hussain, Johnston, Devine + 1.

Tough game this, no idea what to expect, all depends on what Livi turn up, we’ve been so inconsistent, very frustrating season so far. 

I think Tiffoney if fit will come back in, it wouldn’t surprise me if we go with Brown and Guthrie at the back as well.

Going to go with another draw but who knows, Motherwell a major threat going forward against our stuttering defence. 

On Lamie, not surprised he’s struggling, was ok for us but nothing special, was surprised he got a move up the way tbh. 

23 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

On Lamie, not surprised he’s struggling, was ok for us but nothing special, was surprised he got a move up the way tbh. 

I'm not sure why there's this "told you so" thing about Lamie or the idea that he's traded up.

All things being equal he'd have simply swapped Livi's bench for ours - the problem has been he's had to play far more than we'd have expected him to thanks to McGinley being out for 6 weeks after 1 game, Donnelly being out until next year after 1 game and our varying assortment of other defensive injuries.

Without wanting to seem like I'm white-knighting him, in among his various clusterfuck performances he was perfectly fine in games where we kept clean sheets at Easter Road and Pittodrie. Similarly it wasn't his fault we lost against County on the opening game of the season.

As I say, if everyone was fit he'd have a firmly fixed spot on the bench with us.

Edited by capt_oats

Pieman starts.

Lang in for Long, otherwise unchanged from last week.

Matthew McDonald is the +1 Academy player. I wondered if it might have been him as he was lurking in the background of the training footage that went up with the Devante Cole socials post.

Just now, RostokMcSpoons said:

A superb double grammar fail just highlighted by the cameraman at the match:  "Broadcasters Toilet's" :D

It was worse than that. They had 3 signs with the same mistake.

Someone needs to break in with some black paint to correct that.

12 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

It was worse than that. They had 3 signs with the same mistake.

Someone needs to break in with some black paint to correct that.

I accidentally broke my stream, so I only saw the "Media Toilet's" one when it reconnected.  Had to laugh :)  Why can't the sign writers correct them, they must know it's wrong.

Anyway, i was a bit surprised to see the odds favouring Livi for the win, so I (unusually) stuck a fiver on the Well instead.
Damn this stream, the audio is annoyingly about 3 seconds ahead of the video.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons