Livi v Well

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I know this is very much A Tony Watt Appreciation Thread but take a moment to enjoy that through ball from Polworth.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Polworth is a class act. Maybe absence will make the heart grow fonder for the lad along the row from me who endless screams at him for being lazy. 

22 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I honestly can’t believe people think Polworth is lazy. The amount of pressing the boy does is unreal. To be fair I didn’t really appreciate it until sitting behind the goals at an away game somewhere.

When he first arrived he wasn't fit enough so around 65 minutes he would be blowing out his arse. Combined with his lack of defensive awareness it made him look lazy.

Now he does a tremendous amount of pressing. He was superb away at Pittodrie, pressing right up on McCrorie and forcing Aberdeen backwards. And has the fitness to do it over the full 90. Still not great at tracking runs and spotting danger but that is why he is effective in a 3 with Campbell and Donnelly/O'Hara/Maguire - they coverup for his defensive frailties while he makes up for their lack of creativity.

On 01/11/2020 at 20:57, Gianfranco said:

I honestly can’t believe people think Polworth is lazy. The amount of pressing the boy does is unreal. To be fair I didn’t really appreciate it until sitting behind the goals at an away game somewhere.

Agreed. I always felt you got a shift out of him. Never gives the impression he's going to tackle anyone, but the pressing is certainly there. 

It's not like he's Iain Vigurs, essentially.

I think we all saw that when he joined he didn't have the legs for pressing. Always looked absolutely burst after about 55 minutes. Now he's fit enough to last 90 minutes he's pressing like a mad man all the time. 

Coupled with some of his absolutely shaggable passes I think he's a class player.