Livi v Well

1 hour ago, Yorky said:

The thing is we were never that bad to start with. There was a level of panic based on the first few results, the performances were far better than the points total. We did not suddenly turn into a bottom of the table team we were just not putting our chances away.

Strongly agree.

As I said earlier in the thread if we'd had Watt, Cole and Lang available/fit/in this sort of form we'd have won against County, United and Accies. No doubt.

1 hour ago, 18May1991 said:

Fully on board the Tony Watt supporters bus. Would love it if he settled down with us and stayed for a few years

Strongly agree also.

giphy.gif

Fresh from a didn't-know-the-score watch of Tobhar na Mathar on Alba.

Firstly, fucking typical that we actually get a win (and the right sort of approach/performance) at Livi when we can't be there to see it. Secondly, Livi look a really diminished team from the ones that have battered us into submission this fixture -  bit like us in the Thunderdome aftermath before the Young 'Well re-invention. 

It was an ugly game as expected with the conditions but for once, we played the percentages in the right way and had very few mistakes in us. Not many stand-outs but I though Lang put in a very good shift other than attacking stuff - he was involved all over the place - hope his injury isn't a bad one as the front 3 looks settled for the season...

I also avoided my phone all day and watched on Alba.

Easy win. Good easy going performance.

Marvin Bartley is a b*****d who kicks everything.

anyone with JET (or just initials on their top) is a knob.

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I feel like you're allowed to have JET or something on your top provided you're absolutely shit hot at fitba. 

JET, however, is nae gid at the fitba. 

Just now, well fan for life said:

I feel like you're allowed to have JET or something on your top provided you're absolutely shit hot at fitba. 

JET, however, is nae gid at the fitba. 

I'd accept that in those circumstances.

Just watched the highlights and I can't believe how easy teams are finding it to play through Livi. Feels like the complete opposite of what the management team is supposed to bring.

No wonder your keepers and centre backs are getting it in the neck every week.

10 minutes ago, G51 said:

Just watched the highlights and I can't believe how easy teams are finding it to play through Livi. Feels like the complete opposite of what the management team is supposed to bring.

No wonder your keepers and centre backs are getting it in the neck every week.

To be fair the’ve done amazingly well since being promoted to the Premiership given the budget they must be working under. The’ve had some amazing home wins against clubs on huge budgets in comparison.

5 minutes ago, Yorky said:

To be fair the’ve done amazingly well since being promoted to the Premiership given the budget they must be working under. The’ve had some amazing home wins against clubs on huge budgets in comparison.

Absolutely, but when the strength of your team becomes a huge weakness then you have to wonder what you're paying your management team for.

5 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

And yet is the 2nd most fouled players in the Premiership, and isn't even in the top 20 dirtiest Premiership players. He's good at bodying players, and getting himself in front of them, or his leg in front to be fouled.

8 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Love to see it. Just having a great old time being a footballer.

Mind all those St Johnstone fans lining up to tell he he was a waster, wouldn’t score, wasn’t worth a contract beyond the initial loan..... 

1 hour ago, 18May1991 said:

Mind all those St Johnstone fans lining up to tell he he was a waster, wouldn’t score, wasn’t worth a contract beyond the initial loan..... 

Watt is certainly one of those players that you need to work with on a daily basis, I would imagine he constantly needs to be kept on his toes. 

That work seems to be paying off for both us and him at the moment - long may it continue. It's great to see someone playing with a big smile on his face.

On the first day of the season I thought Lang looked as though he had promise but needed some work to get up to speed with the game here. He seems to have improved and becoming the player we thought we were getting.

Chucking this in here, it's interesting (to me at least) to see the player positions given that we're essentially playing a 433 without any traditional wingers.

1157631532_ScreenShot2020-11-01at13_11_33.png.d630195d566ab7df13cce679ee5b04b9.png

Lifted from WhoScored.com

The first goal is a good example of that when you look at where Cole picks up the ball along with Watt and Lang's positions.

731603881_ScreenShot2020-11-01at13_15_07.thumb.png.69052452750e839ac86eef1d1bd061a1.png

It's a small sample size but of all the iterations of the team we've seen so far this season this definitely feels the most balanced.

Edited by capt_oats

I don’t think you’d find a single saints fans saying that, at least not the sane ones. He was nothing short of an exemplary professional for us and was roundly well liked. His talent has never been in doubt, but his scoring tends to be patchy/streaky. If he keeps it up, then Motherwell benefit from a cracking player, if he returns to form he’ll still be a good player.

5 hours ago, 18May1991 said:

I think I said you'd struggle to get more than 6 months out of him as he'd lose interest, which was based on the entirety of his career so far.

His actual quality was never in doubt.