Livi v Well

Both of us have improved a bit since the 2-2 draw, so tough one to call, last season i'd have fancied us to win with it being at home, but our home form is patchy this season, and our defence is one of the worst in the league. Not wishing to bang on the punting McCrorie drum, but with Carson being out injured i think Stryjek remaining in goals for us would give us the edge over them, but if McCrorie comes back in it's prob back to evens.

Controversial, but i'd like to see us go with Ambrose and Brown in a back 4, apart from his mistake against Sevco, i think Efe has been the best CB when we've played a back 4, and Brown was back to his best against Sevco, whereas Guthrie hasn't looked like his best this season. Also like the way Efe brings the ball out of defence to set up attacks, could be dodgy at times but mostly he's fine doing it.

Stryjek

Devlin           Ambrose           Brown            Serrano

Marv               Holt

Mullin              Pittman           Forrest

JET

Depends on how many new injuries we have between now and Saturday (and whether we bring in a new 'keeper by then).

Assuming no change and us miraculously being able to go a few days without someone else falling victim to the ML1 Thunderdome the only change I can see is Lang coming in for Long.

Chapman
O'Donnell O'Hara Gallagher McGinley
Campbell Maguire Polworth
Lang Watt Cole

Not that he'd have started but Crawford won't be eligible to play in this one either.

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Not that he'd have started but Crawford won't be eligible to play in this one either.

I know everyone thought it straight away, pretty much, but this really is starting to look like the most pointless signing ever. 

Not just because he can’t play against Livi, mind. 

Edited by Swami
Sounded mad

4 minutes ago, Swami said:

I know everyone thought it straight away, pretty much, but this really is starting to look like the most pointless signing ever. 

Not just because he can’t play against Livi, mind. 

Is he taking over from Campbell when he is sold in January?

4 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Motherwell seem to be much improved since the start of the season. We're a little better.

1-1. Defensive fuckups at both ends.

We’ve lost 5 and 3 of those should not have been defeats, we simply missed too many chances. As such I’m not sure we have improved that much other than Cole joining us up front. Anything could happen in my view.

14 minutes ago, Yorky said:

We’ve lost 5 and 3 of those should not have been defeats, we simply missed too many chances. As such I’m not sure we have improved that much other than Cole joining us up front. Anything could happen in my view.

Across those 3 games we averaged 62.66% possession and had a total of 50 shots on goal - we scored 0 but conceded 3 from 8 shots on target (including 1 penalty). The results, 3x 1-0 losses have kind of become misrepresented as poor performances.

If we'd had the front 3 of Cole, Watt and Lang available and in the shape/form they were at the weekend we'd have won against County, United and Accies.

That is absolutely a hill I'm willing to die on.

Edited by capt_oats

51 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Across those 3 games we averaged 62.66% possession and had a total of 50 shots on goal - we scored 0 but conceded 3 from 8 shots on target (including 1 penalty). The results, 3x 1-0 losses have kind of become misrepresented as poor performances.

If we'd had the front 3 of Cole, Watt and Lang available and in the shape/form they were at the weekend we'd have won against County, United and Accies.

That is absolutely a hill I'm willing to die on.

Stop being so fucking sensible. 

1 hour ago, Yorky said:

f**k, that Accies game made me angry. Mainly because the entire Motherwell support could see what was going to happen that day. 

1 hour ago, Swami said:

f**k, that Accies game made me angry. Mainly because the entire Motherwell support could see what was going to happen that day. 

Ditto us against Accies, then us against Killie, we score really early in both games, and lose 2-1, i blame Scott Pittman for scoring those early goals in both games. As soon as he did it again against Killie, i thought here we go again! FFS Pittman. :angry: :lol:

11 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Is Lamie injured, if not any chance he could play and give us another handball for a penalty? We'll even it up and have McCrorie chuck one into his net.

We have wiped Lamie from the history books, wasn’t mentioned last week, don’t expect to hear from him again.

If he was one of the self-isolating ones, he'd still be out surely? Isn't it 14 days if you've been a close contact? Pretty sure it was only last Friday the story broke.

I hope he's no playing anyway. He's fucking grim. 

0-0 for tomorrow btw, and hunners of folk to be seething about a plastic pitch. 

18 minutes ago, Desp said:

If he was one of the self-isolating ones, he'd still be out surely? Isn't it 14 days if you've been a close contact? Pretty sure it was only last Friday the story broke.

I hope he's no playing anyway. He's fucking grim. 

0-0 for tomorrow btw, and hunners of folk to be seething about a plastic pitch. 

Not heard Robinson's press conference yet but it seems we've "no additional bumps or bruises". AFAIK there's been no chat about Grimshaw, Lamie and Seedorf not being in the squad last week and none of them appear on the Team News page.

Assuming it's the known injuries plus those 3 then it'll just be Carroll, Carson, Crawford, Donnelly, Dunne, Fox, Mugabi, Grimshaw, Lamie and Seedorf who are unavailable.

Given the way things went last Saturday it'd be wild if we changed the starting XI much (especially to accomodate Ricki Lamie). O'Hara was talking to the local press about moving to centre back in a way that suggests it might be a thing.

Edited by capt_oats

Is this not on Alba at 6pm anyway? I'll just listen to the radio for the scores and then decide if I want to watch it after that. Better than paying £20 to have my eyeballs bleed going by our previous performances at Livi. 

And, to be completely safe, I think we should keep Lamie in isolation for 6 months. 

See how if this was priced reasonably I actually would have bought it but £20 is fucking mental. I wonder how many people will actually pay this.

Not sure if it will be worth Livi's while to have a few hundred £20 buys v many more £10-15 buys.

I'm all for supporting Scottish football and that but its going to be a hesgoal job tomorrow.

Edited by Luke92