Falkirk v East Fife

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

On another note what impact is no gate receipts having on Sunderland ? Will they cope ?

Like clubs up here Sunderland have budgeted for fans to be back in the ground by October which hasn't happened. Our current owner has said that the club needs a bail out of some form from the government. 

Will Sunderland survive? hard to tell.

2 minutes ago, Rbon said:

Like clubs up here Sunderland have budgeted for fans to be back in the ground by October which hasn't happened. Our current owner has said that the club needs a bail out of some form from the government. 

Boy Donald's well out his depth there. Sunderland squad is now fully league one level unfortunately. Not a fan of Parkinson either. 

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Boy Donald's well out his depth there. Sunderland squad is now fully league one level unfortunately. Not a fan of Parkinson either. 

Neither am i or boys or lass i travel to games with. 

I don't want to derail this thread completely into Sunderland problems as i read and write enough about them on ready to go lol.

Edit: To say there is a rumor of a take over by Juan Satori a Uruguay Business men and politician. not sure how much i trust this though from things I've heard. 

Edited by Rbon

6 minutes ago, Rbon said:

I don't want to derail this thread completely into Sunderland problems as i read and write enough about them on ready to go lol.

Edit: To say there is a rumor of a take over by Juan Satori a Uruguay Business men and politician. not sure how much i trust this though from things I've heard. 

We could put you in touch with a certain Mr Mark Campbell if you want?

17 minutes ago, Rbon said:

Car crash of a club. Good fans too. Deserve better.

Went to see them lose to Ipswich 2 or 3 years ago. Spent day at a Social Club in Seaburn. Great folk.

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

We could put you in touch with a certain Mr Mark Campbell if you want?

Been there i'm sure you'll mind his interest in Falkirk ended and he was rumored to be interested in Sunderland.

From what i understand we both dodged a bullet on that one.

Edited by Rbon

43 minutes ago, Rbon said:

Boy sartori was part of Donald's takeover was he not but seems to have disappeared in recent months.

3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Basically yes, I would have been at the game, I want to see the game and the only way to see it is through FalkirkTV, like all fans this season this IS the only way to see it, you’re playing to a bigger audience than you usually would on PPV, that increase is down to away fans having to watch it, a bit less partisanship shown by the commentary teams would be nice, every other club appears to have managed it, even Raith, Falkirk appear to struggle with it though!!!

Get it right fucking up you. 
!!!

55 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

A fair assessment of a player I really liked at Bayview, he'll give you a steady 7 out of 10 every week. 

I think if he manages 7/10 every week I'd be delighted.

I think he's capable at this level but I don't think we're ever going to see him have a stormer or tearing teams apart down the flank or anything like that. I don't feel there's a lot of improvement to come from him so, as you say, a steady performance every week would do fine.

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I think if he manages 7/10 every week I'd be delighted.

I think he's capable at this level but I don't think we're ever going to see him have a stormer or tearing teams apart down the flank or anything like that. I don't feel there's a lot of improvement to come from him so, as you say, a steady performance every week would do fine.

Looking at the squad (presuming Dixon is moving into centre back and Kelly to left back) I’d say Mercer is now our weakest link. Was ok today but wasnt really  tested and has played a couple of stinkers so far. If we did have budget for another player I’d be looking for a right back but that might just be being greedy. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Decent supports get the stand behind the goal whilst shit supports get stuck in the main stand . The main stand is more expensive than the one behind the goal. Simples.

We were behind the goals twice last season.

Not much to say about the game other than Falkirk were streets ahead of us and we were never in the game. Thought Falkirk looked a lot better than last season. The addition of Alston and Morrison to your midfield has you looking a lot more dynamic.

6 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Basically yes, I would have been at the game, I want to see the game and the only way to see it is through FalkirkTV, like all fans this season this IS the only way to see it, you’re playing to a bigger audience than you usually would on PPV, that increase is down to away fans having to watch it, a bit less partisanship shown by the commentary teams would be nice, every other club appears to have managed it, even Raith, Falkirk appear to struggle with it though!!!

I think neutral objectivity would have been too cruel for you today. 

Looking at the squad (presuming Dixon is moving into centre back and Kelly to left back) I’d say Mercer is now our weakest link. Was ok today but wasnt really  tested and has played a couple of stinkers so far. If we did have budget for another player I’d be looking for a right back but that might just be being greedy. 

If Mercer wasn’t performing, then I’d be inclined to put Miller at right back and see how he does. I don’t know why, but I’d quite like to see Alston and Todd in the centre together

If Mercer wasn’t performing, then I’d be inclined to put Miller at right back and see how he does. I don’t know why, but I’d quite like to see Alston and Todd in the centre together
I would worry about the lack of any protection for the back line in that scenario.