Falkirk v East Fife

We've struggled at the start of this season, I managed to watch bits of the Cove game and from what I saw they ran out deserved winners. The Montrose game was a back and forth game but we were 2-0 up and managed to only cling onto a draw by the end which was disappointing, we need to stop giving away so many penalties. As much as it's a tough few opening fixtures, if we end up with 1 point from 9, we're already chasing the pack as far as the play-offs is concerned which would be a bit of a worry given 10% of the season will already be completed. We need to start getting some momentum otherwise it could be a bit of a slog for us this year. 

1-0 Falkirk, Tonks to score. 

Just now, ebobsboy said:

1-1. Can't see East Fife not scoring while we are struggling to muster any sort of decent performance, if Swanson plays then I can see him causing our defence all sorts of problems. 

He was pretty poor on Saturday. I sense we're going to see a real hot and cold season from him, which is to be expected given the type of player he is. 

Just now, Big Fifer said:

He was pretty poor on Saturday. I sense we're going to see a real hot and cold season from him, which is to be expected given the type of player he is. 

He's up against Mark Durnan and Ben Hall so he should be ok on Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

You can be absolutely sure that he will be flame hot on Saturday. Whenever we come up against a team with an obvious standout player - Dobbie at QOS, Goodwillie at Clyde - you can bet your life on them having an outstanding game and destroying us single-handed. Happened countless times. We have no clue how to nullify these types of players. For 90 minutes on Saturday, Swanson will look like Messi.

On our day we have the ability to take something from the game. However I’m afraid we just keep losing far too many cheap goals. As said before that’s 3 penalties against us in last 3 games. So to get anything from the game we need a 100% improvement defensively. Hopefully Dunsmore , Dunlop and Ryan Wallace will be back on Saturday. I hope we go to have a go and don’t try and sit in. There’s not much chance of keeping a clean sheet so we’ll have to come out at some point in the game, so let’s have a go from the start. If we can stop shooting ourself in the foot and defend properly there is no reason why we can’t take something from the game. 

1 hour ago, fifer67 said:

On our day we have the ability to take something from the game. However I’m afraid we just keep losing far too many cheap goals. As said before that’s 3 penalties against us in last 3 games. So to get anything from the game we need a 100% improvement defensively. Hopefully Dunsmore , Dunlop and Ryan Wallace will be back on Saturday. I hope we go to have a go and don’t try and sit in. There’s not much chance of keeping a clean sheet so we’ll have to come out at some point in the game, so let’s have a go from the start. If we can stop shooting ourself in the foot and defend properly there is no reason why we can’t take something from the game. 

If you sit in, you'll most likely get a point. We evidently don't have any change of pace (first gear only) or any movement off the ball (pretty much all our attackers stand back to goal ball watching)  or ability to stretch defences ("give the ball to Morrison" is our sole strategy, and already we've been sussed and he gets double-teamed).   

It won't be pretty...

20 minutes ago, fatdoug1938 said:

I love how the most powerful league in the world are having to have a rethink of the £14.95 as it's way too much but we're fine with it in League 1 in Scotland!!

Didn't realise Sky had picked this tie as the League 1 box office

I love how the most powerful league in the world are having to have a rethink of the £14.95 as it's way too much but we're fine with it in League 1 in Scotland!!

EPL fans have paid for a season ticket to their clubs ground and are still being charged £14.95 for the game. Falkirk season ticket holders watch this game for no extra charge.

If £13.99 is too much then don’t pay it.

Personally, won't be paying £13.99 to watch this.

But anyway, 90% certain this will end with a win for the hosts. I think we're still a long, long way off from fulfilling our potential with the squad of players we have. And I'm not yet convinced that Darren Young knows what his strongest starting XI is, which is alarming given we've kept more or less the same squad as we had last season. Our biggest weakness is the back line and centre midfield where we are so easily beaten. Thank goodness for Hamilton who always looks a real threat up front. Swanson struggling to hit the ground running so far.