Scottish Cup saved!

1 hour ago, Dev said:

With the Round One Draw due to start any second now what are the SFA Prize Monies for  losing yesterday or in Round One, Round Two etc this season? 

It's either £3k for PR2, £4k for R1, £5k for R2 or else £4k, £5k, £6... I forget which.

You only get a few £k for being on TV before Last 32.

Worth saying some ties will probably move to Sunday 27th or holiday Monday 28th (including 1 evening tie on TV).

Albion Rovers v Buckie Thistle
Berwick Rangers v Stirling Albion
Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic v Coldstream/Bo'ness United
Brechin City v Glasgow University/Linlithgow Rose
Camelon v Brora Rangers
Cowdenbeath v Wick Academy/Musselburgh Athletic
Dundonald Bluebell v Queen's Park
Edinburgh City v Caledonian Braves
Elgin City v Civil Service Strollers
Gala Fairydean Rovers v Annan Athletic
Haddington Athletic v Formartine United/Turriff United
Huntly v Cumbernauld Colts
Keith v Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Kelty Hearts v Jeanfield Swifts
Lothian Thistle HV v Banks o'Dee
Nairn County v Broxburn Athletic
Rothes v Fraserburgh
Stenhousemuir v Preston Athletic/Hawick RAU
Stranraer v Spartans
Tranent v East Stirlingshire

Decent draw in EOSL terms. Linlithgow and Musselburgh (if progress!) would be intriguing match-ups against struggling SPFL2 sides. Tranent and Jeanfield will fancy themself capable of challenging top-end LL opponents on their day. Haddington, Hill of Beath, LTHV and Broxburn have all got achieveable ties - not easy by any means, but definitely winnable for them.

Dundonald and victor of Preston v Hawick have pretty tall orders - but a bit of glamour. Camelon have a hard nut to crack in Brora but on good form with more games under their belts? Not impossible.

Depending on BBC priorities I could see Brechin v Linlithgow being picked for live TV. Dundonald v Queen's Park would be most attractive, but their floodlights are currently out of order.

If it was the old, all conquering Lithgae that got through I'd fancy their chances against Brechin and would lump a tenner on them.

It's not quite the old all conquering Lithgae now.. but I'm still tempted to lump a tenner on.

58 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

It's either £3k for PR2, £4k for R1, £5k for R2 or else £4k, £5k, £6... I forget which.

Worth saying some ties will probably move to Sunday 27th or holiday Monday 28th (including 1 evening tie on TV).

Camelon v Brora Rangers
Rothes v Fraserburgh
Stranraer v Spartans

Decent draw in EOSL terms. Linlithgow and Musselburgh (if progress!) would be intriguing match-ups against struggling SPFL2 sides. Tranent and Jeanfield will fancy themself capable of challenging top-end LL opponents on their day. Haddington, Hill of Beath, LTHV and Broxburn have all got achieveable ties - not easy by any means, but definitely winnable for them.

Dundonald and victor of Preston v Hawick have pretty tall orders - but a bit of glamour. Camelon have a hard nut to crack in Brora but on good form with more games under their belts? Not impossible.

Depending on BBC priorities I could see Brechin v Linlithgow being picked for live TV. Dundonald v Queen's Park would be most attractive, but their floodlights are currently out of order.

I thought bonnyrigg vs boness be the TV game

Bonnyrigg v Boness and Kelty v Jeanfield are both exciting ties for those of us who are au fait with non League football in Scotland. The BBC bigwigs are more likely to look for a potential upset so Brechin v Linlithgow looks the obvious candidate if Dundonald can't play at night.

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

If it was the old, all conquering Lithgae that got through I'd fancy their chances against Brechin and would lump a tenner on them.

It's not quite the old all conquering Lithgae now.. but I'm still tempted to lump a tenner on.

Assuming we get past Glasgow Uni today that's exactly my thoughts, and I depending on the odds I'd probably back Linlithgow too. In ordinary circumstances I'd make us strong favourites to beat a team struggling badly at the bottom of L2... but these aren't ordinary circumstances, and we're a team in transition.

Edited by GordonS

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Camelon v Brora Rangers
Rothes v Fraserburgh
Stranraer v Spartans

My understanding it is £3k for prelim1, £4K for prelim2 & £5k for 1st round and not cumulative!

2 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Wouldn't be surprised if they chose Berwick v Stirling, ex spfl club etc. Regarding Dundonald, couldn't the BBC put temporary lights up just to show the game ? Can't see them picking two non league clubs tbh even though we'd all love it !

They chose Bonnyrigg v Buckie in R2 last season (equivalent of R1 this time around) but they were top of LL and HL respectively.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Tasty ties there. I hadn't realised these are to be played on Boxing Day - quite a few folk will have to take it easy on Christmas Day, with early starts and long journeys to face, like Brora to Camelon and Haddington to Formartine. 

I can see some clubs talking with their opponents about moving games to Sunday 27th or holiday Monday 28th.

That option is open to LL, EOSL Premier and WOSL Premier clubs for their league games and several had already availed themselves of it.

(Similarly for Saturday 2nd January throughout EOSL and in WOSL Premier - whereas LL play New Year's Day and holiday Monday 4th).

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

My understanding it is £3k for prelim1, £4K for prelim2 & £5k for 1st round and not cumulative!

Scottish Cup prizemoney is cumulative. If you batter your way through to R3 (old R4) you won't just leave with £10k or whatever the fee is for that round.

Unless they've decided LTHV and Musselburgh don't deserve double whack for happening to get drawn in PR1 and progressing to PR2, tbf. That was previousy an inconsistency in preliminaries.

Edited by HibeeJibee

The BBC weren't afraid to go with Bonnyrigg Rose v. Buckie Thistle last year after League Two clubs had entered at that stage. Before that it was Kelty Hearts v. Auchinleck Talbot.

I wouldn't be shocked whoever gets it has a plastic pitch to help ensure the game gets played. Kelty v. Jeanfield or Edinburgh City v. Caledonian Braves being the pick of those.

Suspect any Linlithgow hopes of being televised are directly inverse to how much of this afternoon's tie the BBC commissioning editor is watching! To say they're making heavy weather of these students is putting it mildly. They may not even prevail.

EDIT: Inevitably moments later Tommy Coyne puts me in my place with a worldie on the volley from 25 yards. Followed by a downpour of almost biblical proportions.

EDIT AGAIN: Weather with the downpour, not Tommy Coyne, obviously.

Edited by HibeeJibee

13 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Suspect any Linlithgow hopes of being televised are directly inverse to how much of this afternoon's tie the BBC commissioning editor is watching! To say they're making heavy weather of these students is putting it mildly. They may not even prevail.

EDIT: Inevitably moments later Tommy Coyne puts me in my place with a worldie on the volley from 25 yards. Followed by a downpour of almost biblical proportions.

EDIT AGAIN: Weather with the downpour, not Tommy Coyne, obviously.

1v2 😂