Scottish Cup saved!

58 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Who ever does the coms for teams. Fb/twitter etc. Should keep the hands in the pockets. Nothing to stop the games being recorded. Then played on fb/YouTube etc after the final whistle.? 

Expect the SFA spies will be watching tv for such things, then banging a heavy fine on everyone. Yet another backward step for Scottish football, keep shooting yourself in the foot 🔫 Give these clubs a chance, and wake up to all the tv channels/ broadcasters. Imagine the SFA will state rule 6 paragraph 3b etc blah blah

20 hours ago, Ginaro said:

I don't really understand this. Is Sportscene going to show highlights like MotD does for the FA Cup first round? It'd be like banning teams streaming games in the A Cup preliminary rounds, which as far as I'm aware there were teams streaming in the early rounds of the FA Cup.

1 hour ago, amidst-tundra said:

I don't really understand this. Is Sportscene going to show highlights like MotD does for the FA Cup first round? It'd be like banning teams streaming games in the A Cup preliminary rounds, which as far as I'm aware there were teams streaming in the early rounds of the FA Cup.

From 1st round on theirs usually highlights on scottish cup you tube channel

Streaming of Matches

Ahead of this weekend’s Scottish Cup 2nd Preliminary Round, we have reached an agreement with the Competition’s Media partner, to allow clubs to live stream their fixtures via their online channels. We are extremely appreciative of their support.

Information on future rounds will be issued in due course. In addition, we would ask all clubs who stream to make a recording of the game available to the Scottish FA and its Media partner on request.

I can also confirm that the Scottish FA will be sending a camera operator to each Preliminary Round Two match this weekend. Clubs are asked to provide the camera operator with as good a spot as possible for filming, with highlights being available on the Scottish Cup social channels from Sunday evening.

Lilys manager on BDFM last night said depending on weather Dundonald v Easthouses would move on Sat morning to Raith.

Lossie fans on FN say they're against travelling midweek and say LTHV v Lossiemouth may go Broxburn, or Spartans at teatime (after rejecting Fri night).

Helpful for getting ties on; though Burntisland and anyone having to trek midweek might feel bit "miffed" tbf.

37 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

How do they transfer all their Covid protocols to a hired venue at short notice I wonder.

If they were hiring out a random pitch in from a high school or sports centre id maybe be concerned. 

Hiring out a Premiership venue id imagine itll be little different than an away game for them. 

If they were hiring out a random pitch in from a high school or sports centre id maybe be concerned. 
Hiring out a Premiership venue id imagine itll be little different than an away game for them. 

As the home club they're responsible for ensuring protocols are followed, temps taken, changing facilities, hand sanitisation etc. Just curious as to how that works.

33 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

As the home club they're responsible for ensuring protocols are followed, temps taken, changing facilities, hand sanitisation etc. Just curious as to how that works.

My thinking is admin would still obviously fall on LTHV, but most of the physical side in place and clean up etc would get handled by the stadium staff to ensure it's up to their standard for the next use.

At this point there have been a fews uses of other grounds to get games played on relatively short notice. So it's not exactly something that's outwith their ability.

I've even just seen an update on NLM that Dundonald move their tie to Stark's Park if their ground fails a pitch inspection.

My thinking is admin would still obviously fall on LTHV, but most of the physical side in place and clean up etc would get handled by the stadium staff to ensure it's up to their standard for the next use.
At this point there have been a fews uses of other grounds to get games played on relatively short notice. So it's not exactly something that's outwith their ability.
I've even just seen an update on NLM that Dundonald move their tie to Stark's Park if their ground fails a pitch inspection.
I know the work that needs to be done at my club before and during every game, just curious how all this can transfer at short notice. I know from experience that when you hire Almondvale Stadium there's few people there from the West Lothian Youth Foundation, just someone to let you in. It's nothing to do with Livingston FC and you don't go anywhere near the main stand, you probably change in the seating in the East stand, so what's in place for Livingston protocol wise is irrelevant really. Perhaps LTHV get access tomorrow to set things up.

Presumably it's for Covid reasons both Dundonald and LTHV are allowed to switch venues. 

Why would they be playing at a neutral ground  considering that having licences in the 1st place are the reasons for actually playing ties in the cup itself? 

Al get my tin hat on :whistle 

Edited by newcastle broon

9 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Presumably it's for Covid reasons both Dundonald and LTHV are allowed to switch venues. 

Why would they playing at a neutral ground  considering that having licences in the 1st place are the reasons for actually playing ties in the cup itself? 

Al get my tin hat on :whistle 

Lack of fans means changing venue not nearly as big of deal.  It’s not like they are trying to cash in and get a bigger crowd and home advantage isn’t as much of a problem.

Shortened season and not a lot of time between ties places a bigger importance on ties going ahead at first time of asking, especially for long journeys and part time players for who midweek fixtures are a bigger problem.   I think the move to plastic pitches is entirely justified on that basis.

On COVID protocols.  Have either Raith or Livi been hiring out their pitches recently?  They may have more staff available than previously.  And as said both clubs have their own protocols in place,  that whilst it will still be the duty of the *home* club to follow they will at least have a guide on what has worked successfully before at those venues.