Scottish Cup saved!

44 minutes ago, the tin man said:

See if the spfl team streams game at home does other team get a share

I'm pretty sure home games are treated as home games in the same way regular matches were. My Hearts season ticket covers streaming of all home matches and any away matches have been a pay per view option.

Cup games, again only from Hearts experience, away matches have been pay per view with income split after costs of streaming have been covered.

1 hour ago, PastyMan said:

I'm pretty sure home games are treated as home games in the same way regular matches were. My Hearts season ticket covers streaming of all home matches and any away matches have been a pay per view option.

Cup games, again only from Hearts experience, away matches have been pay per view with income split after costs of streaming have been covered.

On your 2nd paragraph, that is interesting to note. Is it the case that all teams in Premier league, Championship 1st and 2nd divisions do provide streaming at all matches, in particular for cup matches; where you say that streaming income is split?

i ask, as Wick Academy do not/ did not have streaming available for last night’s Scottish Cup tie against Musselburgh Ath.

in the three postponed matches, Burgh were given approval to stream match, albeit for an away tie. Unfortunately, last night our guy could not get time off so match not streamed. Not sure if this (had streaming gone ahead), would be dealt with (split costs), in same way where both teams have facility to stream matches?

29 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

On your 2nd paragraph, that is interesting to note. Is it the case that all teams in Premier league, Championship 1st and 2nd divisions do provide streaming at all matches, in particular for cup matches; where you say that streaming income is split?

i ask, as Wick Academy do not/ did not have streaming available for last night’s Scottish Cup tie against Musselburgh Ath.

in the three postponed matches, Burgh were given approval to stream match, albeit for an away tie. Unfortunately, last night our guy could not get time off so match not streamed. Not sure if this (had streaming gone ahead), would be dealt with (split costs), in same way where both teams have facility to stream matches?

I’m going to go with spfl knowledge here but I’d assume it’s broadly similar.

It’s the home clubs responsibility to stream the game.  In order to limit numbers in the ground away teams do not get access.  I’d assume letting the away team stream is only ever done where there is no service provided by the home club.   Revenue would still be split. 

Did a crowd get in last night? Perhaps that’s where wick’s focus would have been.   Given HL sides delayed their start and until the end of the week have largely managed to get crowds in I would think they’d have been a lot less focused on setting up streams than clubs that knew they’d likely spend a long period of time playing but without fans having access l.

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I’m going to go with spfl knowledge here but I’d assume it’s broadly similar.

It’s the home clubs responsibility to stream the game.  In order to limit numbers in the ground away teams do not get access.  I’d assume letting the away team stream is only ever done where there is no service provided by the home club.   Revenue would still be split. 

Did a crowd get in last night? Perhaps that’s where wick’s focus would have been.   Given HL sides delayed their start and until the end of the week have largely managed to get crowds in I would think they’d have been a lot less focused on setting up streams than clubs that knew they’d likely spend a long period of time playing but without fans having access l.

Thank you PfL! Good to know. Up to 300 tickets were available and I did read that all were sold. I can only assume, given the Monday night football our support consisted of committee members only. 

6 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Just talking about Legaue Cup matches this seaosn. The two Scottish Cup matches were on BBC Scotland 😉

Here is something I found from Hearts advertising the first of the away matches. Covers all the points i think 👍

Hearts continue their Betfred Cup campaign when they face Cowdenbeath on Saturday.

Fresh off the back of an opening day win against Inverness Caledonian Thistle, the Jambos meet the Blue Brazil at East Fife’s Bayview stadium in a 3pm kick off.

Because this match is not being covered by the Betfred Cup’s host broadcaster, Premier Sports, the home club has the first option to live stream the game, an agreement in place across all clubs involved in the competition. If the home club does not wish to put provisions in place to live stream then the away club may do so. Costs to do this are shared equally, as is any surplus income generated by pay per view sales, and both sets of fans should be given the same opportunity to access the live stream.

In order to ensure that Hearts fans who wish to see the game on Saturday can do so, we have agreed to broadcast it. Therefore fans of both clubs based inside the UK & Ireland will be able to watch the group stage tie live, and the stream will include live commentary, replays and brand new match graphics.

A PPV arrangement must be agreed between both clubs. In this case, the price agreed is £10.

Hearts TV International subscribers will also receive the live stream as part of their subscription package.

Details of how to purchase Saturday’s match will be announced soon.

50 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Interested to read in John o'Groats Journal that Wick applied to have their R1 tie delayed to Sunday or holiday Monday, as they didn't want to have to travel on Boxing Day.

Cowdenbeath and SFA said "no".

Good, given Musselburgh were able to travel to wick for a Tuesday night when the players would have been working then I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have wick travel to fife on a Saturday.

4 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

Good, given Musselburgh were able to travel to wick for a Tuesday night when the players would have been working then I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have wick travel to fife on a Saturday.

I'd be a bit surprised if the Cowdenbeath players wouldn't have preferred to play it on the Sunday too, given it will be in front of nobody anyway.

15 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'd be a bit surprised if the Cowdenbeath players wouldn't have preferred to play it on the Sunday too, given it will be in front of nobody anyway.

I really don't get why anyone thinks Boxing Day - BCD - is a good time to be playing games.  Let people have what little of Christmas they can enjoy with a drink and then play the games on the Sunday, Monday is a holiday so it's as good as a Saturday anyway.

8 hours ago, Burnieman said:

I really don't get why anyone thinks Boxing Day - BCD - is a good time to be playing games.  Let people have what little of Christmas they can enjoy with a drink and then play the games on the Sunday, Monday is a holiday so it's as good as a Saturday anyway.

Evidently the clubs disagree.  I can’t see many players having a bevy 2 days before a game either,  certainly not in preparation for an important cup tie. 

i get there’s an additional BCD element,  but Boxing Day, especially when it’s a Saturday is very much a football day.   It might not be much difference but there will be will be more people off work on Boxing Day than the 27th and notably more than the 28th.   Bank holidays are not really significant anymore. 

Evidently the clubs disagree.  I can’t see many players having a bevy 2 days before a game either,  certainly not in preparation for an important cup tie. 
i get there’s an additional BCD element,  but Boxing Day, especially when it’s a Saturday is very much a football day.   It might not be much difference but there will be will be more people off work on Boxing Day than the 27th and notably more than the 28th.   Bank holidays are not really significant anymore. 
Ordinarily I'd agree, but without fans, making clubs play is pointless really.

Just to note that while the SFA ordered Wick to give Musselburgh fair warning of a postponement by having the pitch inspected the day before, Cowdenbeath are having theirs at 9 am tomorrow, 2 hours after the Wick coach heads South.

I can't remember if it was this thread or the WW one where the main discussion took place around the suspended player. The SFA re-instituted one of the Immediate Match bans he had, he technically isn't suspended for next round of the Scottish Cup. It's just likely to work out that way due it being the next game to played.

image.png.4da46be01bfff106be5d515092dc6a08.png

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I can't remember if it was this thread or the WW one where the main discussion took place around the suspended player. The SFA re-instituted one of the Immediate Match bans he had, he technically isn't suspended for next round of the Scottish Cup. It's just likely to work out that way due it being the next game to played.

image.png.4da46be01bfff106be5d515092dc6a08.png

Hardly makes it right though. Still a fcuk up. 

Valiant day of effort from EOSL clubs. Linlithgow from tier 6 won at Brechin from tier 4... Tranent from tier 6 thrashed East Stirlingshire from tier 5... Camelon (whose tie v Brora was stopped 0-0 at HT by referee) and Dundonald (who host Queen's Park in the TV tie of Monday) will also feature in R2 draw.

Broxburn lost on penalties at Nairn; Hill of Beath lost in extra-time at Keith; Haddington were desperately unfortunate to lose at home v Formartine by a late goal; Jeanfield lost 2-1 at Kelty.

LTHV went down to 10 then 9 men crashed to BoD. Preston lost at Stenny.

Albion Rovers 0-3 Buckie
Berwick 0-3 Stirling Albion
Bonnyrigg P-P Bo'ness
Brechin 2-3 Linlithgow
Camelon A-A Brora (abandoned 0-0 at HT)
Cowdenbeath 2-0 Wick
Edinburgh City 3-1 Caledonian Braves
Elgin 4-0 Civil SS
Gala 1-2 Annan
Haddington 1-2 Formartine
Huntly P-P Cumbernauld
Keith 4-2 Hill of Beath     (aet - FT 2-2)
Kelty 2-1 Jeanfield
LTHV 0-3 Banks o'Dee
Nairn 0-0 Broxburn     (aet - 4-3p)
Rothes 1-3 Fraserburgh
Stenhousemuir 4-1 Preston
Stranraer 5-0 Spartans
Tranent 4-1 East Stirlingshire