Scottish Cup saved!

15 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Fair enough romance defo lost wi no fans. 

Might be loopholes for other clubs to follow suit now. 

The likes of Wick can play at a park that's defo gonnae be playable then. 

They haven't been the only one to move to a neutral venue. LTHV moved their game against Lossiemouth.

People just have to consider this isn't a normal season. There's two weeks between rounds not a month or more, and it's happening December into early January. If the game doesn't get played on the Saturday clubs are being asked to play midweek straight away. We're talking about players who will probably have greater financial strains right now than asking for time off work so they can play football (potentially for free or deferred until some unknown time if ever.)

If fans were getting screwed over in all of this it would be a completely different issue for me, but they're not. Clubs are just trying to get games played.

EDIT:

Just looking at the table Dundonald & WW have 26 league games from now until the end of the season. It wasn't that long ago in the grand scheme of things that was an entire league season's worth of games.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Clubs were given ultimatums for floodlights at a lot of expense though.  

The founding LL clubs were supposed to only have two years on that but your club didn't get around to doing it until this summer. Rules were bent to accomodate you, so don't start whining when it happens with a club like Dundonald Bluebell.

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The founding LL clubs were supposed to only have two years on that but your club didn't get around to doing it until this summer. Rules were bent to accomodate you, so don't start whining when it happens with a club like Dundonald Bluebell.

You again 😂😂

Aye magic wand was waved for a club that generates 30k + from a handful of spectators on a Saturday unlike others 😏

Just you keep criticising the VISUALLY IMPAIRED 🤡

29 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They haven't been the only one to move to a neutral venue. LTHV moved their game against Lossiemouth.

People just have to consider this isn't a normal season. There's two weeks between rounds not a month or more, and it's happening December into early January. If the game doesn't get played on the Saturday clubs are being asked to play midweek straight away. We're talking about players who will probably have greater financial strains right now than asking for time off work so they can play football (potentially for free or deferred until some unknown time if ever.)

If fans were getting screwed over in all of this it would be a completely different issue for me, but they're not. Clubs are just trying to get games played.

EDIT:

Just looking at the table Dundonald & WW have 26 league games from now until the end of the season. It wasn't that long ago in the grand scheme of things that was an entire league season's worth of games.

Wasnt just referring to ww,I am no way associated with the club by the way,just a fan and my views.

Yes a difficult season but clubs did have a chance of pulling out. 

Certainly no a pop at Dundonald either, there are rules that allow it.

26 league games left merits all the more for floodlight football. 

Just now, newcastle broon said:

Wasnt just referring to ww,I am no way associated with the club by the way,just a fan and my views.

Yes a difficult season but clubs did have a chance of pulling out. 

Certainly no a pop at Dundonald either, there are rules that allow it.

26 league games left merits all the more for floodlight football. 

I was just adding WW as I know you're a fan, there are others on 26 games. Penicuik have it worst of all of the EoS Premier with 27 games to go.

This just isn't a normal season, and hopefully won't be repeated any time soon.

6 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Regardless of what team you support, the fact that this has been chosen for the Live tv match, I think we should all get behind this non-league club, if we have vested interest at this level of football.

Kelty are  non-league, too though, strictly speaking.

2 hours ago, rockson said:

Kelty are  non-league, too though, strictly speaking.

Not sure I get your point? However, if it were Kelty v Jeanfield, I would be happy to watch that too, and would be cheering on Jeanfield, since they are in same league as Musselburgh!

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Is there anything in the rules that would force them to change venues?

Nope. Unlimited attempts at Wick, unless hosts agree to move it or SFA step in.

As it stands they will carry on trying:

Monday 21st December
Wednesday 23rd December
Saturday 26th December (R1 date)
Monday/Tuesday 28th/29th December
Wednesday 30th December
Monday/Tuesday 4th/5th January
Wednesday 6th Janury
Saturday 9th January (R2 date)
etc etc.

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Nope. Unlimited attempts at Wick, unless hosts agree to move it or SFA step in.

As it stands they will carry on trying:

Monday 21st December
Wednesday 23rd December
Saturday 26th December (R1 date)
Monday/Tuesday 28th/29th December
Wednesday 30th December
Monday/Tuesday 4th/5th January
Wednesday 6th Janury
Saturday 9th January (R2 date)
etc etc.

The rate wick are going we wont be able to play the final

Hearing today that WW had an appeal they submitted to the SFA after the Scottish cup game on Saturday v Hill of Beath chucked out which if true is absolutely incredible.

apparently hill of beath fielded an ineligible player in the the starting 11 (Daniel watt was the name I heard) apparently this boy was serving a suspension but started.

the SFA seem to make up the rules as they go along, last season WW were thrown out a cup competition for fielding an ineligible player and also banned from this season’s competition I believe.

pretty sure there have been other cases of teams been thrown out of the Scottish for fielding ineligible players, Spartans and e.Stirling.  

nothing surprises me with the sfa though, fucking incompetent from top to bottom. Don’t even think they can appeal.

14 minutes ago, 19052012 said:

Hearing today that WW had an appeal they submitted to the SFA after the Scottish cup game on Saturday v Hill of Beath chucked out which if true is absolutely incredible.

apparently hill of beath fielded an ineligible player in the the starting 11 (Daniel watt was the name I heard) apparently this boy was serving a suspension but started.

the SFA seem to make up the rules as they go along, last season WW were thrown out a cup competition for fielding an ineligible player and also banned from this season’s competition I believe.

pretty sure there have been other cases of teams been thrown out of the Scottish for fielding ineligible players, Spartans and e.Stirling.  

nothing surprises me with the sfa though, fucking incompetent from top to bottom. Don’t even think they can appeal.

a) did they agree he was inelligible?  b) if so, what was the reason given for no further action?

11 minutes ago, 19052012 said:

His name appears on the last list of suspensions but not for a Scottish Cup match. The same was true for Shaun Leishman who played against WW.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7399/los20-10-december-2020.pdf

image.png.b4ffbfe0763fdb4f27f04003bbfb9850.png

7 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

a) did they agree he was inelligible?  b) if so, what was the reason given for no further action?

From what I’m hearing hill of beath were issued with a notice of complaint which must mean he was ineligible. And no reason given apparently, a slap on the wrist and a fine was the punishment apparently. Which again points to wrongdoing

59 minutes ago, 19052012 said:

Not an SFA competition - but Whitehill were debarred from this season's Football Nation EOS Cup after playing an ineligible/suspended player losing 5-0 at Kelty in last season's R4.

(There isn't any "double jeopardy" situation e.g. tie winners getting thrown-out and banned).

That said... whether this season's cup even goes ahead remains to be seen. Last season's may simply be completed instead.

https://www.eosfl.com/downloads/eosfl/The-East-of-Scotland-Football-League-Season-2020-21-Fixture-List.pdf

It has been recommended a decision should be taken in February 2021 regarding whether: (a) the 2019-20 competition should be completed and the 2020-21 competition cancelled; or (b) the 2019-20 competition should be abandoned and the 2020-21 competition contested. In either case most ties would be played in April-May 2021.

Edited by HibeeJibee

37 minutes ago, 19052012 said:

The player in question got an immediate 2 match ban and a further 1 EOS match ban on 14/11/20: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7337/los17-19-november-2020.pdf

Assuming he didn't play in the games against Glasgow Uni (21st) and WW (28th) then the first part of his ban has been served.

18 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

The player in question got an immediate 2 match ban and a further 1 EOS match ban on 14/11/20: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7337/los17-19-november-2020.pdf

Assuming he didn't play in the games against Glasgow Uni (21st) and WW (28th) then the first part of his ban has been served.

Why would The sfa issue HOB with a notice of complaint if they weren’t in the wrong? Bearing in mind they’ve apparently been hit with a fine too. 

54 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

His name appears on the last list of suspensions but not for a Scottish Cup match. The same was true for Shaun Leishman who played against WW.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7399/los20-10-december-2020.pdf

image.png.b4ffbfe0763fdb4f27f04003bbfb9850.png

Seen that appears his name was missing from the suspension list however it’s the club’s responsibility to ensure things like this are in order

The guy was ineligible and per the competition rules HOB should be ejected from the competition. Absolute joke.

B534C150-2B55-4448-A5B6-DC99D47F9E80.jpeg

0A79F1C1-B5F7-4D7E-B6A5-1E174C492D91.jpeg