Scottish Cup saved!

2 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Dundonald?

Dundonald, I believe, have an issue with their floodlights, perhaps not fit for purpose.

Their drainage at the ground is also not the best.

Regardless of what team you support, the fact that this has been chosen for the Live tv match, I think we should all get behind this non-league club, if we have vested interest at this level of football.

Just now, Casey Jones said:

Dundonald, I believe, have an issue with their floodlights, perhaps not fit for purpose.

Their drainage at the ground is also not the best.

Regardless of what team you support, the fact that this has been chosen for the Live tv match, I think we should all get behind this non-league club, if we have vested interest at this level of football.

Thank you - I figured there was some reason along those lines.

Absolutely - I'll be watching that night. Looking forward to it

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Any idea where the use of Kelty's ground came from? Since it had been rumoured to be Stark's Park if it got moved.

Just wondering if it was a club decision or maybe the BBC played a part in it. Thinking that it would play better on TV than an empty Stark's Park.

Cheaper to hire than Rovers pitch?

22 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I wonder what licences are for if you need to keep playing home cup games elsewhere.

I didn't realise that a licence meant a grass pitch was guaranteed to be playable. Especially when trying to a longer than average season with a couple months less to do it in.

According to EoSFL.com they've only played 2 home games so far this season, the last back on 14th November.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I didn't realise that a licence meant a grass pitch was guaranteed to be playable. Especially when trying to a longer than average season with a couple months less to do it in.

According to EoSFL.com they've only played 2 home games so far this season, the last back on 14th November.

Clubs were given ultimatums for floodlights at a lot of expense though.  

Does that no count ? 

Good luck to them definately a pickable tv game but a wee bit romance gone there.

I didn't realise that a licence meant a grass pitch was guaranteed to be playable. Especially when trying to a longer than average season with a couple months less to do it in. According to EoSFL.com they've only played 2 home games so far this season, the last back on 14th November.

Isn't your pitch supposed to meet certain licence standards? I have a memory of LTHV having concerns a few seasons back re the pitch quality at Saughton and their licence application. Clubs with artificial surfaces have to pass FIFA tests.

If the BBC needed guarantees of a game being on and lighting quality, they've selected a strange game for these guarantees.

2 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Clubs were given ultimatums for floodlights at a lot of expense though.  

Does that no count ? 

Good luck to them definately a pickable tv game but a wee bit romance gone there.

The romance was gone with no fans being there.

And in the rush to get floodlights Dundonald Bluebell were one of those that got them, unless they already had them I can't remember. It was also before the SFA set the minimum lux and had a recommeded level. So they're now going to the extra expense of getting round to upgrade them.

They've obviously got problems beyond floodlights otherwise they wouldn't be getting Saturday games postponed. That's what happened with Easthouses, Stark's Park was just the back up.

On the cup run so far they've seen a game against Linlithgow postponed, Inverkeithing postponed for Boxing Day. If they failed to get that game on there's a good chance it would see another Inverkeithing game postponed. That's on top of other postponements they've picked up so far (both home & away).

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

Isn't your pitch supposed to meet certain licence standards? I have a memory of LTHV having concerns a few seasons back re their pitch quality at Saughton and their licence application. Clubs with artificial surfaces have to pass FIFA tests.

If the BBC needed guarantees of a game being on and lighting quality, they've picked an odd game.

Clearly the pitch does meet the requirements. It's a grass pitch in December. It's not like they're the only ones that have problems getting games on at non-league level. 

Clearly the pitch does meet the requirements. It's a grass pitch in December. It's not like they're the only ones that have problems getting games on at non-league level. 
You've just said it's only been played on twice since the season started, and I'm not aware that the weather has been any worse than normal.

7 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
10 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

You've just said it's only been played on twice since the season started, and I'm not aware that the weather has been any worse than normal.

The start of the season being in October, not exactly July/August.

1st game off was midweek on 10th November to Camelon. That can probably be put down to their floodlight issue as they played at home on the 14th.

Since then SCC against KRR on November 21st and Musselburgh on December 5th were off, with the attempt for the Easthouses game on December 12th being moved to Stark's Park. We'll see what they do for hosting Penicuik this Saturday.

17 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The romance was gone with no fans being there.

And in the rush to get floodlights Dundonald Bluebell were one of those that got them, unless they already had them I can't remember. It was also before the SFA set the minimum lux and had a recommeded level. So they're now going to the extra expense of getting round to upgrade them.

They've obviously got problems beyond floodlights otherwise they wouldn't be getting Saturday games postponed. That's what happened with Easthouses, Stark's Park was just the back up.

On the cup run so far they've seen a game against Linlithgow postponed, Inverkeithing postponed for Boxing Day. If they failed to get that game on there's a good chance it would see another Inverkeithing game postponed. That's on top of other postponements they've picked up so far (both home & away).

Fair enough romance defo lost wi no fans. 

Might be loopholes for other clubs to follow suit now. 

The likes of Wick can play at a park that's defo gonnae be playable then.