Edinburgh City v Elgin City

13 hours ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

SO IF THIS WAS BEING PLAYED AT GAYFIELD WOULD IT BEEN POSTPONED / ABANDONED DUE TO THE WEATHER ? 🤪

That's a sore point with me as I was at an Arbroath v Cowden game that was abandoned after 20 mins due to the wind. 

It can't have been any worse than the farcical New Year's game between Stirling and Meadowbank on the Annfield "carpet" - blowing a hoolie and played on 1st generation plastic with the ball going everywhere.

Now get back to the LL forum and do some good...like slagging Berwick and Spartans!

Edited by tamthebam

The conditions were bad yesterday but not close to the worst I've seen us play in. There was a game at home to Stenny a few years ago where goal kicks were almost going directly out for corners but by far the worst was a cup tie at the Broch in 2011. I don't think there was a single chance all game and it remains to this day the worst game of football I've ever seen (there are plenty of candidates). I'd imagine it was only a light breeze in that part of the world.

On 01/11/2020 at 12:23, afca32 said:

The conditions were bad yesterday but not close to the worst I've seen us play in. There was a game at home to Stenny a few years ago where goal kicks were almost going directly out for corners but by far the worst was a cup tie at the Broch in 2011. I don't think there was a single chance all game and it remains to this day the worst game of football I've ever seen (there are plenty of candidates). I'd imagine it was only a light breeze in that part of the world.

I was impressed with Elgin.  Unlucky to miss some good chances and played decent football, well organised and attacking.  You look like a top 4 team and will be in the mix.