Ted Lasso

naegoodinthedark

Not sure how many people will see this as it’s on Apple TV, but thought I’d give it a mention.

Story of an American Football coach hired by the lady owner of a made up EPL team in the hope he’ll get them relegated , to get back at her ex husband.

Sounds shite, but it’s just wonderful. Ignore the fact it’s about football (most of that is cringeworthy), and you’ll enjoy it.

Ted, played by Jason Sudeikis is the best character in telly just now.

Get it watched.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
35 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Second series on this week.

Well looking forward to this. I often think of when they are at the hotel night before a game and he says to the squad "what's it to be? Movie night of tickle fight?"

Just been watching season 2 of Mythic Quest as well. Sublime.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started watching this recently and have tried to suspend my belief for as long as possible and trying to ignore the twee sentimental shite but it is becoming overwhelming. 

It is ok, I get a feeling I will reach a point like I did with walking dead where I just have to stop watching it. The characters are pretty one dimensional and I'm not sure how long they can drag some of them out for. 

6/10 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At last a Coach Beard episode, excellent and quite trippy in places, think a lot of it was pinched from the Scorsese film “After Hours” but it was very good nonetheless!!!

• 2 weeks later...