The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

I see Trump Jr posted a meme of a chimp holding a gun saying "fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's ark"....

This guy is going to end up their president one day isn't he?

Too openly needy to be president I think. Donald Trump had a (wildly misidentified) sense of being macho and an alpha whereas Don Jr just wants his dad to notice him. Sad!

I think your first sentence is self evident.  Now try and answer this one.
Why was there an increase in black males voting for the most overtly racist President of modern times?

Sorry missed you reply.

Possibly those with long memories can remember the 1994 Crime Bill which led to a disproportionate increase in incarcerations for African-Americans.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/17/joe-biden-race-crime-bill-1994-policing

For all Trump's racist talk it is Biden who is responsible for the most racist legislation.

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Sorry missed you reply.

Possibly those with long memories can remember the 1994 Crime Bill which led to a disproportionate increase in incarcerations for African-Americans.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/17/joe-biden-race-crime-bill-1994-policing

For all Trump's racist talk it is Biden who is responsible for the most racist legislation.

So Biden’s a bigger racist than Trump?  

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
So Biden’s a bigger racist than Trump?  

For some African-Americans he will be.

They must be as thick as the other Trump supporters.  Though I suppose that’s self evident.

It's not out of the realms of possibility that some wealthy African Americans voted for Trump out of self-interest or that people directly or indirectly affected by Biden's Crime Bill also voted for Trump. I'd call the latter thick as shit but I genuinely can't imagine what it would be like to be in that position although I guess I would probably abstain like a massive proportion of African Americans do. I get having Biden foisted upon you though and saying "you know what? f**k you." I'm sure some people voted on that basis but I would be surprised if it turns out to be that substantial a number.

They could've avoided that outcome by not running the architect of the Crime Bill but it didn't matter in the end. 

"Official sources called this election differently"  [emoji38]  Twitter constantly having to come up with new disclaimers just for The Donald.
Can we all do this? ALLOA ATHLETIC WERE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE BEFORE LOCKDOWN! COUNT ALL THE GOALS, STOP THE STEAL!
I'd love to know how many times Trump would have had his Twitter account suspended by now if he wasn't President.

24 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

One district in one county with a minor discrepancy. Biden is 5 1/2 million votes ahead.

Clark County Registrar of Voters Joe Gloria reported to the commission on Monday that there were 139 ballot discrepancies in District C, and Miller defeated Republican opponent Stavros Anthony by only 10 votes out of 153,162 cast. As a result of the discrepancies, the commission voted not to certify the District C results and instead call Gloria back to its first December meeting to present a plan for a special election.

https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/clark-county-calls-for-re-vote-in-commission-race-decided-by-10-ballots-discrepancies-outnumber-victory-margin?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=rop

Not absolutely sure of the accuracy of this but allegedly, of the 20+ cases brought by Trump so far, the only one they have won is being allowed to stand closer to the ballot counters. One of the latest challenges was actually voluntarily withdrawn. Looks like Trump is just trying to kick up a stink as much as he can and then slither off after being laughed out of court all the while calling foul play knowing full well his supporters will fall into line and adopt the mindset that he was robbed despite it never, ever being proven that was the case.

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's a bit melodramatic.

What you've got is a vote with a very narrow majority (10).  It sounds as though, there are about 150 cast ballots that may or may not be valid.

Because they can't just simply throw out the questioned ballots (because they may be valid), a recount wouldn't resolve the issue.

So it looks as though they will have another vote.

It feels as though this is a 'down ticket' issue only, so any new ballot is likely to be for that one part of the election (not presidential).

I'm sure the GOP will ask for a completely new ballot (including presidential) but I don't think they will get far.

It's not a fraud, because the election commission hadn't called the down ticket race (so no-one was incorrectly elected).

Yours

aDONis

18 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Sorry missed you reply.

The bill itself isn't racist, it's that it created opportunities to be implemented in racist ways. We know much more now that we did then about how these things can end up working in practice. And remember, crime in the US in the early 90s was much, much higher than now and tackling it was a legitimate national priority.

I don't think there's a reasonable way of inferring from that bill that Biden had any expectation that it would exacerbate racial disparities in criminal justice. 

Edited by GordonS