ICTChris

The US Presidential election prediction thread

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I agree, but I’m doing so they are enabling him and giving strength to the lies.

Knowing that what you are saying is a load of shit but saying it anyway isn’t a lot better than being stupid enough to say it because you believe him.

Indeed it isn't. But it should be no shock to anyone that these type of people value their jobs and salaries over honesty and integrity.

14 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I agree, but I’m doing so they are enabling him and giving strength to the lies.

Knowing that what you are saying is a load of shit but saying it anyway isn’t a lot better than being stupid enough to say it because you believe him.

I'd say it's worse, tbqh

12 hours ago, GordonS said:

The system predates electricity, when results from states would have been brought to Washington by pony express, so speed was hardly of the essence. They also have two months between the election and inauguration. American's slavish adherence to a set of rules written for a completely different time - part of which was to ensure big slave-owning states were well-represented - is one of the many odd things about them. 

I was under the impression that refusal to update voting procedures, eg electronic..., was very much coming from the Republican side of things.

And that that comes from the underlying knowledge that in a straighforward electoral fight, they would never win another US election.  Hence their pandering

to the extremists, baseless arguments about voting legitimacies.....

As far as the Senate goes, the Dem in North Carolina has conceded so it's just the 2 reruns in Georgia still to go, barring a miracle in Alaska.

Gonna be done scenes when on January 21st tanks storm into the White House to take out the proud boys whines he hides in his bunker

1 hour ago, beefybake said:

I was under the impression that refusal to update voting procedures, eg electronic..., was very much coming from the Republican side of things.

And that that comes from the underlying knowledge that in a straighforward electoral fight, they would never win another US election.  Hence their pandering

to the extremists, baseless arguments about voting legitimacies.....

It very much is.

A more modern voting system would pretty much ensure Republicans never get in again.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

This guy did a focus group of voters who were leaning to Biden but ended up voting for Trump.

The bit about them not supporting Defund The Police, then having it explained what it actually means and being 70% in favour of it, is mental stuff.

That's going to be very expensive and very disgusting.

The health risks are obvious. 

A foolish endeavor to say the least.

No c**t will care a jot by 2022 unless the coup happens I guess. I'm sure it'll still mysteriously top a bestseller list regardless.

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

No c**t will care a jot by 2022 unless the coup happens I guess. I'm sure it'll still mysteriously top a bestseller list regardless.

Is she the best Trump reporter? Daniel Dale done the most moment to moment documentation and David J Roth captured his unique mindset better than anyone else will ever manage.

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Is she the best Trump reporter? Daniel Dale done the most moment to moment documentation and David J Roth captured his unique mindset better than anyone else will ever manage.

I've never really followed it but she seems to be held in similar regard to Bari Weiss and Maureen Dowd so make of that what you will.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54926084

Trump Twitter rant in 3...2...1...

Trump’s latest claim is the most ridiculous but also the most dangerous.

Encouraging gun happy nut jobs with claims that voting machines have been deliberately tampered with to deny him reelection could lead to a serious backlash.

All it takes is a single, aggrieved nutter to lash out and someone’s life could be in jeopardy.

Heard a theory that Trump will step down and leave Pence in charge. Pence, as president, would then pardon Trump from any possible prosecution.

Really hope this isn’t possible.